5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album!
One of the best albums I own. It's fresh, new and addictive. Make sure to check it out if you haven't already before!

1. Facemelt 9/10
A great intro to the album but should've had an extended version like Rihanna's hit "Birthday Cake" as it could be massive in full

2. Roc The Life 10/10
At first I wasn't too sure and I thought it...
Published 3 months ago by Jane Mcgonigle

3.0 out of 5 stars I expected a lot more
Published on 9 Sept. 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album!, 20 Dec. 2014

1. Facemelt 9/10

2. Roc The Life 10/10
At first I wasn't too sure and I thought it was a bit repetitive but it grew on me a lot. I now think it's one of the highlights on the album. Also the drums sound great!

3. How We Do (Party) 10/10
Obviously a massive hit for Rita, fun and sexy with an "I don't care" sort of attitude which makes it a tune to enjoy at all times

4. R.I.P (featuring Tinie Tempah) 10/10
Rita's first number 1 single as the lead artist, this was a huge song and was played everywhere. It's incredibly well written and produced and deserves the incredible success it gained

5. Radioactive 10/10
This is another club hit that you'll love as soon as you hear it. Great work

6. Shine Ya Light 10/10
One of the best on the entire album, amazing production and melodies. Love it!

7. Love And War (featuring J. Cole) 10/10
The mix of Rita and J. Cole's vocals together make for this amazing song. Admittedly I thought it wouldn't sound right but it goes perfectly together and makes for another highlight

8. Uneasy 9/10
This track is raunchy and hot and you'll love how catchy it is, although it can get repetitive

9. Fall In Love (featuring will.i.am) 9/10
Another hit you'd expect to feature will.i.am. It's got a booming chorus and is drenched in synths and autotune but is just for the fun!

10. Been Lying 10/10
One of the most personal songs on the album, Rita's vocals sound great on here and it's another great track

11. Hello, Hi, Goodbye 9/10
Not one of the best on here but definitely worth the listen, great vocals and production

12. Hot Right Now (with DJ Fresh) 10/10
A huge single which went to become one of the best selling songs of the year! Super fun and catchy, instant hit

13. Crazy Girl 9/10
This track has a sound which wasn't heard on the rest of the album but works well and sounds great.

14. Young, Single & Sexy 10/10
A hit that charted without even being released as a single! It could easily have become a single and should've made it onto the standard edition album (make sure to check it out!)

15. Meet Ya 10/10
Serving as an outro to the deluxe edition album, this song is brilliant, short and sweet and you'll adore it's simplistic instrumental. The melodies are some of the best on the album.

Overall this is one massive album with no bad tracks at all, definitely recommend you try it out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definetly a grower, 5 April 2013
This review is from: ORA [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
To be honest, I wasn't that interested in Rita Ora when she first became popular. Although I liked her singles R.I.P, How We Do and Hot Right Now, I didn't think they were really anything special or groundbreaking. However, I still decided to buy the album, in the hope that I'd be surprised, and I was, just not instantly.

On the first few listens, I found ORA to be on the same level as the singles released from it; nothing special or groundbreaking, but I think as the tunes get in your head, and you feel like listening to the album more, its qualities really shine through.

Rita Ora does have a strong voice, and while it is not really used to its full extent all the time in this album, there are some moments where it is really strong.

Here's a track-by-track analysis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Facemelt - This 1 minute intro seems to be a marmite track. I actually like it, although I can see why others wouldn't. The whole thing is a bit messy and strange and the lyrics are pretty weak. Also, it does get on your nerves after a while. 6.5/10

Roc The Life - This is probably my least favourite track. It's kinda boring and seems unfinished, and a little cheesy. The 'li-li-li' hook is extremely annoying and the song isn't that memorable. It's not awful though, just not particularly good. 5/10

How We Do (Party) - If you couldn't tell by the title, this is a pure party track. It's very similar to Katy Perry's 'Last Friday Night' and Jessie J's 'Domino', as it is an easy, fun listen and has a guitar led beat. Again, it's not a bad track, but it is quite bland and not a standout track. Saying that, it is very catchy. 6.5/10

R.I.P. - A mainly dubstep and R'n'B song. I did like it at first but it gets boring fast. Shouldn't have been the lead single and, once again, is quite bland and not a standout track. 6/10

Radioactive - This is where the album really picks itself up and begins. This is a massive David Guetta-esque club track, with tons of hooks and synths, and it's one of those tracks that you have to listen to closely and see how it works to really get the most enjoyment out of it. 10/10

Shine Ya Light - A sweet, listenable electropop track with elements of reggae. It's a nice track, but does seem like a filler a times, and seems a bit weak following the amazing Radioactive. 8/10

Love And War - An R'n'B track with elements of electropop. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it has really grown on me. I love the electro beat during the verses and the way it switches to the pure R'n'B beat in the chorus, and the song is dangerously catchy. 10/10

Uneasy - A much harder, rockier track, a little like Facemelt. Much like some of the other tracks, I didn't like it at first, but as it got into my head, I started to like it. However, it does get annoying after a while as it is quite repetitive. 7.5/10

Fall In Love - A collaboration with will.i.am, and while I usually like him, this track is really bad. the slightly poppier parts of the track are alright, and have a nice beat, although the autotuned vocals are really messy. But it's when the electro beat comes in, which sounds just like a drill, that the track is ruined. It continues past the chorus and takes up most of the song, and makes it impossible to like or take seriously. However, I wouldn't call it my least favourite track as I can't really call it boring, and it is almost so bad it's funny. 3/10

Been Lying - A pop ballad, and while it is a nice little track, I have heard it been done a thousand times before, and it is easy to forget it's on the album. Rita also seems to swear for the sake of it, as it really doesn't fit the song. 7/10

Hello, Hi, Goodbye - My favourite track on the album when I first heard it, and although that title has been taken by Radioactive, I still love this song. It has a very tribal beat and sound, and loads of instantly catchy hooks. I also like the weirdly sparse atmosphere and the sound effects. Not everyone will enjoy it, but I certainly do. 10/10

Hot Right Now - Rita's collaboration with DJ Fresh, and the song that catapulted her to success. It's an extremely fast drum and bass track, and while it might seem a little unoriginal and bland at first, you can't deny that it's an absolute thrill ride. Problem is it's too short. 9/10

While it's not all good, ORA is a great pop/R'n'B album, and the great tracks definetly make up for the below average ones. I'm very much looking forward to seeing where Rita goes next.

Also, I'm sorry, but the album cover is awful. I really hate how the word 'ORA' is on there twice.

5.0 out of 5 stars This an AMAZING ALBUM no wonder it reached number 1 in the ..., 21 July 2014
This review is from: ORA (Audio CD)
This an AMAZING ALBUM no wonder it reached number 1 in the UK album charts! It includes the two great sogs RIP, and How We Do both of which reached number one in the UK singles chart. All of the songs are catchy, some are very emotional like Hello, Hi,Goodbye and there are the classics like Shine Ya Light and Radioactive. Facemelt is a very good track. Along with Roc The Life and Been Lying (both of which Rita Ora wrote herself)!! So whst i am trying to say is regardless if you are a #RITABOTS ir not you should get this beautiful album! 5 STARZ!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not played it all yet, 8 Jan. 2013
This review is from: ORA (Audio CD)
Got this for our daughter as she loves Rita ora. She hasn't had a chance to play the whole cd yet but she was thrilled with it. Good quality and sealed

4.0 out of 5 stars Good singer, Needs to diversify., 15 Jan. 2015
Johnny Kidd (Surrey England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ORA (Audio CD)
I had not heard her until recently but when I did I realized what a wonderful singer she is. I bought this CD which confirmed what a great singer she is and it is a good CD, but I did find that there was not enough variation in her music and songs. If she can diversify a bit in her singing she will be a great singer.

3.0 out of 5 stars I expected a lot more, 9 Sept. 2012
This review is from: ORA (Audio CD)
I was excited about Rita and I still am, I love the texture in her voice, it think she has a lot more vocal range than she is show casing and I think she has room to grow and gain more octaves and sonically go in many directions. I expected a lot more vocal range and better song choice, high expectations and then you get blah. Some songs are very nicely done and well sung, I'm just tired of hearing the same old thing over and over again. R.I.P was very good just because the song title isn't what the song is about and I like the mix of fast beat over slower singing, something different. She has an amazing voice and she could have sung a signature song that would set her apart. Like Brandy, Monica, AKeys, they Mary J, I know she isn't up there but from the jump they had a sound that was their own, you know a certain sound or song that you know you get from them, that sets them apart Usher is a great example, Anthony Hamilton Musiq SoulChild list goes on Lyfe Jennings. I'm just saying setting yourself apart from the start, she's being compared to Rihanna I would think that ticks her off and would do all she could to set herself apart from her from album 1.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Music from another Pop Tart!, 3 Jun. 2014
This review is from: ORA (Audio CD)
I like Rita Ora a lot, her music is fun pop music with some surprises thrown in here and there. She's catchy and has a urban hipster vibe going on in the background.

3.0 out of 5 stars I do think that this album should come with some sort of parental advisory notice due to the repeated use of some pretty vulgar, 10 Mar. 2015
This review is from: ORA (Audio CD)
Our 7 year old daughter developed a fixation with Rita Ora after seeing her on The Voice. So as a treat I bought her this album which she absolutely adores. The tracks are okay but, I do think that this album should come with some sort of parental advisory notice due to the repeated use of some pretty vulgar language throughout a number of songs. As someone who grew up with the punk movement, I'm no prude and it takes a lot to shock me but, I do feel that on this occasion Amazon has let me down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ora by Rita ora, 8 Jan. 2013
Denwalt (Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ORA [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Been looking at this MP3 for a while and finally checked out the tracks on Amazon and downloaded itg immediately. Great music to dance to while cooking or rock to in the car if your stuck in the traffic on the way home . Ms ora's music improves with time so happily we are likely to be hearing a good deal more from Rita.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rita Ora, 8 Jan. 2013
This review is from: ORA (Audio CD)
A great album from a talented musician who will be a big star for a while to come if this album is anything to go by. Catchy lyrics and tunes, with a real modern edge. CD from a role model.

ORA Deluxe [Explicit]