on 1 July 2014
The clip around retaining lugs on my covers were a little long so I filed them slightly in order to close my mac perfectly, I believe this cover is outstanding value for money, offering protection from scratches and minor bumps but don't expect this to make your mac bounce if dropped, the top and bottom covers look good when fitted and the integral legs are a nice feature, the mac sits about 3-4mm off the surface with the legs retracted, with the legs extended it raises the front about 30mm (just right - for me anyway), I would not hesitate to recommend this produce and would have given it 5 stars if I didn't have to trim the lugs
on 16 January 2012
Does just the job for my new MacBook Pro. The colour is smart and it's protecting my laptop just grand. Only thing is that the bottom half can gather dirt under the cover potentially meaning scratches on the bottom - but all round I like the product.
on 8 September 2012
I bought this case for my 11" macbook air

The colour was true to the picture but I had a real job getting the cover on. Once it was on it was a good fit etc but I honestly thought I was going to damage the laptop getting it on.

I recently took it off and it did a great job of protecting the macbook. It was a job to get off too and I thought I was going to have to break it to remove it but it came off in one piece. Don't think I'll be putting it back on again though.

In case you were wondering, it's not the satin feel case like others. It's hard plastic outer and smooth-ish to the touch.
on 7 March 2014
When I bought my new 15" Macbook Pro, this was the first thing I bought to go with it as I had one on my 13" Macbook.

Great fit, can hardly tell its there. Protects a very expensive piece of kit really well.
on 25 February 2014
I love my very expensive Macbook and this case has been amazing. It arrived in a day with standard delivery (!); fits well (on the late 2013 MB Pro 15") and you can barely tell its on (as my brother proved: it took him 2 weeks to realise there was something on it!). The case is a good quality plastic and the stand is sturdy enough to watch stuff while propped up though I wouldn't suggest typing for too long while propped up and you obviously need a hard surface. The case is a good thickness and I've been able to use my laptop in more places as a result! Perfect safety measure for anyone with a Mac.
on 25 April 2012
I was looking for some extra protection for my new macbook and was very pleased with this product. I opted for this as I liked the fact it also came with flippable feet on the base of the shell to elevate the macbook when working on a desk. The product was dead easy to fit (I didn't read the instructions it was so obvious). It's been sturdy and I've had compliments on the product. I like the fact you can see thru the product and still see the Apple logo. Well priced product that does the job. mCover® Aqua Hard Shell Case for A1286 Aluminum Unibody MacBook Pro (Black keys) 15-inch
on 30 April 2012
Anyone who uses a Macbook Pro on the go every day will know that it will, no matter how well you protect it, pick up scratches and little knocks. This hardshell case looks a little unappealing and a bit cheap at first as it comes as two separate parts, but it fits perfectly onto the bottom and top and will protect your laptop from knocks to the edges. The bottom is vented to avoid heat building up.

I've not had it very long so I'm unsure as to the longevity, but for the price it's well worth it. I would recommend detaching it once a week to clean any excess dust or dirt that creeps in.
on 5 January 2014
This cover fits like a glove- if you misalign it when fitting just use your thumbs to gently push the lugs off the computer and start again (don't use tools). When fitted the assembly looks great. Im amazed that the manufacturer has been able to produce the cover so accurately. I think that if you did drop the Macbook all edges are protected (the areas around connectors are prone if the unit fell on a un-even surface- such as a stone- but this is unavoidable). The cover will be effective in keeping the computer clean and un-scratched in general use and the colour is neat. I'm very pleased.
on 29 January 2014
I bought a speck case from the apple store at the same time as my late 2013 MBP 15.4" retina. Barely 4 months later it's done what it was designed for and has "given up it's life" to protect my very expensive laptop after a toddler vs Mac incident.

I wanted a replacement quickly and ordered this one up from Amazon.

The bad:

(1) The speck has a much more "complete" case shape compared with the mCover. The speck covers the sides properly and has cut outs where necessary. The mcover doesn't have any protection on the sides at all. If you look REALLY carefully at the picture on Amazon, you can see this. I don't see the point of having a case that protects the top and bottom, but not the sides.

(2) It has loads of "ventilation" cut outs on the base. Why? There are zero vents on the MBP base, so these cut outs are just a noop. It just gives you a gazillion little holes for dust and other crud to get into the case.

(3) There are two rubber feet at the front. These are just cheap rubber disks. They do the job, but don't look great. Not what you want on your £2K laptop. The back "feet" are little retractable legs. I'm not sure how useful these will be. I'd much rather have good quality moulded-in feet like on the speck.

The good:

(1) The plastic is frosted. The spec is ultra shiny, which looks cool for maybe a day and then starts to pick up scratches. My feeling is that the frosted mcover is more practical.

(2) I like the colour (and Amazon didn't have the spec available in aqua)!

(3) It fits well and is easy to snap on.

That's it really. It's cheaper than the speck, but apart from the frosted finish, it's nowhere near as good. The lack of side protection is a real problem (what a stupid design decision) and for that reason I can't recommend it.
on 19 September 2015
The case is great, definitely protects against scratches, however it is NOT dust-proof. While it seemed like a nice tight fit, after a few months of use, I've noticed dust build-up under both the top and bottom half of the case. How this happens I have absolutely no idea, but my friend who also purchased the iPearl MBP (black version) case under my recommendation is having the same issue. At least once every month or so, I need to remove the case just to clean dust/dirt build-up under the case.

The stands however, are pretty decent quality. They raise up a Macbook Pro to a reasonable typing height, making typing much more comfortable than when the device is flat. They don't feel very sturdy at first touch, but once they're up, there isn't any visible vibration or wobbling from my Macbook.

Warning: with prolonged use with the stands up, the rubber "feet" adhesive fades. After about 5-6 months, my rubber feet keep coming lose and I'm going to have to super-glue them back on, because the angle at which the stands place the MBP+Case, the rubber feet get pushed from the bottom side, and eventually come loose. Would be great if iPearl could use a stronger adhesive for the rubber feet, or do something about the angle which puts strain on the feet over time.

While I'm quite happy with the case, these few issues have made the case a bit more of a hassle than it should be. It needs stronger adhesive on the rubber feet, and some form of dust-proof lining on the edges where the case attaches to the MBP. Other than that, the case does what it should do, which is protect your shiny expensive Apple product from scratches, dents, and other damage. If it wasn't for these small issues, I would happily give the iPearl case a 5* rating.