Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 23 August 2012
I have bought two copies of each of the four Samantha Fox deluxe editions CD's (one set open to play and one set sealed) and not had a problem with any of them. They are as described, so I don't know what kind of feedback Amazon are receiving about these CD's. All I can say is I've not had a problem with them at all. They are double CD's containing the original re-mastered albums plus 12 inches, remixes and bonus tracks. A lot of this material has never been issued on CD before. So definitely worth investing in if you are an avid Sam Fox fan like I am and have been for many years since the start of her career.
VINE VOICEon 19 August 2002
Sam's 4th album and a great one at that. Unfortunately by this time the hits were drying up and neither the US single "but the pants stay on" or the UK single "Another Woman" failed to make a huge impression so no more singles were lifted from the album. This is a shame as over all this is a great cd, The "More more more/Love to love you baby" medley is worth the purchase price alone. It does sound more geared to the USA market and less 'poppy' than the "I wanna have some fun" cd. Only the cheesy "Spirit of America" makes you cringe!!. A note about this Import version - The song "Another Woman" is a 'rap' version and not the same as released on the European cd. Also the UK version of this cd features an extra track "Now I lay me down", a great dance track with Full Force as featured on one of the numerous Nightmare on Elm Street sequels soundtrack
on 29 August 2012
This review is for: Just One Night ~ Deluxe Edition

This album was already one of Sam's best in its original 11 track version despite not having any big hits on it and this reissue takes things to a new level making this an essential album. The Full Force and Clivilles & Cole (of C&C Music Factory fame) produced tracks really shine here, some of which could have made good singles (someone at the record company must have agreed with this, because "Don't Wait Up" is included as a 12" version within the previously unreleased bonus tracks). "What You See Is What You Get" particularly could have been a hit with a great Pop/Rock hybrid style, which has a sort of Joan Jett (I Love Rock 'N' Roll) flavour to it. So, I feel maybe the choice of singles and the release order may have been at fault for not giving this album greater success and recognition at the time. The original album version of "Another Woman (Too Many People)" was a slight letdown on this album because the single mixes from Phil Harding & Ian Curnow were so much better (their 12" mix is here as a bonus track - first time on CD. Their 7" version is on Sam's Greatest Hits from 2009, which I can also recommend). Languishing in the vaults and here as a bonus track is a rap version, previously unreleased because Sam didn't think the rap was good enough. She was right and that was a good decision at the time. I personally would have left it gathering dust, but it is the only track here I didn't like. Although it is interesting and may be of interest to other fans.

When it comes to the bonus tracks here, Cherry Pop really spoil us by adding an amazing 23, bringing the total number of tracks to 34 spread over a generous 2 discs. Not only do we get extended mixes, instrumentals and alternative versions, but also unreleased tracks, such as Sam's versions of the Annie Lennox hit "Walking On Broken Glass" & Donna Summer's "Love To Love You Baby". This sounds like terrible ideas on paper, but actually Sam pulls it off and offers a nice alternative to the originals. We also get a previously unreleased Stock Aitken Waterman production "Forever True", which is superb.

One of the real highlights for me here is Sam's version of the Stock Aitken Waterman-written Boy Krazy song "That's What Love Can Do". It was never completed and lay untouched in the vaults all these years. Matt Pop has gone into the studio armed with the original sounds from the time (supplied by Pete Waterman's team) to finish it off in the style it would have been back in the early 90's. Being a huge S/A/W & PWL fan, I wasn't convinced that this would sound authentic. I listened closely here and can give both mixes a huge thumbs up for accurately portraying how this could have sounded had it been completed around that time. There are additional flourishes that PWL would not have added back then, but remind me of the more recent Pete Hammond retro mixes, so that's a good thing because it sounds fresh. It is so joyful that I actually have tears in my eyes (tears of joy!) each time I listen to this (that is a very rare experience for me). It takes me straight back to the days I would buy everything with a PWL connection and I miss those days (although thanks to Cherry Pop mining the PWL vaults, it feels like 1988 all over again). If all this wasn't already enough, Matt Pop has also performed the same trick on another unfinished S/A/W song, "A Second Chance" (the extended mix is reminiscent of Sonia's "Counting Every Minute" Tick-Tock remix with nice added scratch effects and synth stabs similar to Alex Party's "Don't Give Me Your Life" - Nice work!). Finishing off two songs and also creating extended versions is a lot of work to go to for a reissue of what had originally been a flop album and I really appreciate this extra effort... and for bringing me such joy. I'm sure alot of other people appreciate it too.

I buy a ridiculous amount of CD's (I probably need therapy for my addiction) and this is easily my favourite album of 2012. I can't recommend this highly enough (can you get a higher recommendation than "It gave me tears of joy"?). All 4 of these Sam Fox reissues are first class and Sam's involvement and notes against each song in the booklets are a nice touch because it feels more personal.

By the way, I have also reviewed the other 3 Samantha Fox reissues: Touch Me ~ Deluxe Edition,Samantha Fox ~ Deluxe Edition,I Wanna Have Some Fun ~ Deluxe Edition
on 5 August 2012
Well the second cd of this set is an absolute gem. The first cd has the standards of the re-mastered quality of the original release in the 80's. The revamped and pumped up second disc gives the songs an edgier modern twist that will have you re-invigorated for the songs. I love it when you hear an old song that has been given new life by modern technology and re thinking. It takes passion to convert something previously done into something fresh and new. It is worth noting there are previous unreleased tracks on this cd. A must for any fan as the songs are top.
She still has the goods!
on 4 February 2008
Not many people know this but Jennifer Lopez appears as a back up dancer in the promo for "Hurt Me, Hurt Me but the pants stay on...!"?? Check out the video on "YouTube".
Again very USA influenced and polished production numbers make this album another winner.
on 5 September 2015
sams fourth album has a lot of sex and fun about it.
on 25 February 2015
thanks .
on 4 January 2013
muy buena edicion especial de este album.aunque la calidad de cherry bomb,la casa, no es tan buena como la original de jive
on 29 August 2015
ok
on 9 November 2010
Im new to amazon and I think its good you can fine most things on hear im going to keep with them