on 18 February 2014
As a "Newbie" myself to a Mac after some 25 years of using (though not understanding!) PC's and their precursors, this little guide is very worthwhile in getting to grips with the differences in terminology and approaches of the two systems. It is not an in-depth manual but it will get you started in your new Mac. I think of this as the "Quick-Start Guide" not provided with the new and shiny computer.
on 9 October 2013
I found this guide very helpful in aiding my initially painful transition from Windows to Mac. The shortcuts I continue to find invaluable. I was struggling to perform even simply tasks until I downloaded a Kindle version of this guide. I now love my MacBook Air.

Definitely recommend to new users of OS X Mountain Lion.
on 19 September 2013
of the three books on this subject i found this to the best and as a new mac user it made the transition from windows easey i am happy to recommend this book to any new mac user
on 6 March 2014
Having changed from Windows to Apple, I found the information in 'A Newbie's Guide' very helpful. The book explains in simple
terms how to proceed and adapt to the Apple system. The book's layout is excellent and easy to follow. Thank you.
on 1 December 2013
Very good basic book on what to learn when migrating from a Windows based computer to a Mac based one.
It provides sufficient information to get you started without being too complicated.
A good read for Mac virgins.
on 28 April 2013
Always looking for written help because for some reason Apple do not provide operating manuals and think we are all connected to the WWW.
Not so halfway up this Welsh Mountain
It all helps thanks
A
on 21 March 2013
Probably not best suited to the Kindle format. It does cover the basics but the Dummies book starts with choosing an Apple system and goes through everything from there.
on 7 November 2013
No Content
No content
No content
just guess and you would be closer
Send me a stamp and you can have my copy