on 21 October 2012
I've read all the available Treadwell Academy books and I'll admit I love them all. Can't wait for the next. I like the idea that they do all link with the characters popping up in all the books. These might be intended for the younger readers (teenagers) but they kept my interest and I'm on the downhill to 60 :(
Another author I wouldn't have found without my fabulous Kindle!
on 22 August 2012
This is the third book I have read by this author and it is as excellent as her other ones. Duffy's writing style is superb as is her ability to create amazing characters. The book is a complete page turner; I wanted to read the whole book in one sitting and was sad and longing for more by the end of it. However, the subject matter of the book is rather serious and left me feeling somewhat uncomfortable and with a heavy heart.

This book is part of a series about the lives of various girls at a boarding school. Duffy's previous books mostly take place outside the boarding school whereas this one is largely set within the school. The reader encounters a number of Duffy's previous characters, notably, Taylor ("The Rockstar's Daughter). I found it really interesting that the repeat characters come across so differently in this book as compared to the previous books. For example, I loved the Taylor character previously, but really did not like her in this book. Conversely, I disliked Betsey (the main character in this book) in The Rockstar's Daughter, but really fell in love with her in this book. I suppose these perceived differences between the characters are actually intentional as we are seeing the characters through different eyes. The author always writes her books in the first person from the perspective of the main character.

One downside: I read a review on the author's previous books on amazon.com which claimed that Duffy's work suffers from a lot of typos and would require better editing. I never noticed it in the previous books, but certainly did in this one. However, this does not detract from the enjoyability of the book or the talent of the author.
on 15 January 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed The Rock Star's Daughter which was the first book in this series. I therefore begun this with anticipation however it didn't live up to the first book. It is interesting and readable with moments of interest but there were many places where I just wanted something to happen, to liven it up. There is one major event which happens at the beginning and the rest is how the character copes with it and her new school. The Treadwell Academy.

It does link very well and shows more of Betsy's character and the reason for her behaviour in the first book.

Overall - readable, but I'm not hurrying to pick up the third installment, although it is on my kindle and I will read it at some point.

Gail Jones
Author of Family Missing
on 23 September 2012
This is a good YA read and I'm amazed that this and the other books in the series aren't as well known as they should be. The first one, The Rock Stars daughter, I downloaded for free, this one was well worth the money. Both are very well written. This book is about Betsy Norfleet, a character first introduced in Rock Star's daughter. In that, she wasn't very likeable but in this, she is. She faces a very tough life despite the money and celebrity lifestyle and has secrets she feels she can't share with anyone. Caitlyn Duffy handles the subject matter well in the storyline and all is satisfactorily resolved.
on 8 November 2012
I read this after The Eockstars Daughter and liked the linked characters and cross reference story lines.
More an adolescent read but nice and easy to pick up and became rather compulsive reading. Would recommend
on 12 August 2013
*** Spoiler alert***
Purchased this book after reading The Rock Star's Daughter and loving it, so i was expecting more of the same type of frothy teenage fun. I was in for a bit of a shock! This book is much darker, with Betsey hiding a terrible secret that threatens to tear her family apart. I really enjoyed the way this book was written, it was easy to read, but it was much more emotional than i was expecting. I was so relieved when Betsey's secret was revealed. I absolutely loved it, it kept me up all night!
on 6 May 2013
I have read the rock stars daughter and (obviously) the viscounts daughter and Betsy is completely different in both! In the rock stars daughter she is a crazy alcohol loving wild child with no regrets and in the viscounts daughter she is not so wild and she still likes alcohol but not so much. Also she doesn't care less about Taylor or what she thinks in the rock stars daughter but in this book she wants to be best friends with her. So is Betsy a twin?
on 15 August 2013
This book is five stars. I originally bought this book because I enjoyed The Rockstar's Daughter, and I am definitely going to get the next one. I love this book because it makes you feel emotion, and you can side with Betsey. I don't think that everyone understands what it is like to be the daughter of someone famous, Nd how much pressure you can be under. Happy reading!
on 10 April 2013
After reading other views of this book I had had my expectations of this book lowered but I must say it was one of the best books I've read and for the price of 99p that I paid to have the book sent to my kindle the book is well worth it and an amazing read. BUT not for people under 13 as it does have some "adult" scenes.

A MUST READ
on 6 July 2014
Betsy is the daughter of a rock star and the owner of a large cosmetic company. She has been physically and sexually abused by her mothers husband Danka who she finds out that he has done similar to his brother's daughter. She managed to get away from him by going to boarding school....