5.0 out of 5 stars More Treadwell please
I've read all the available Treadwell Academy books and I'll admit I love them all. Can't wait for the next. I like the idea that they do all link with the characters popping up in all the books. These might be intended for the younger readers (teenagers) but they kept my interest and I'm on the downhill to 60 :(
Another author I wouldn't have found without my...
Published 21 months ago by Meandamut

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
Published 18 months ago by Katie

5.0 out of 5 stars More Treadwell please, 21 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Viscount's Daughter (The Treadwell Academy Novels Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Another author I wouldn't have found without my fabulous Kindle!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 15 Jan 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed The Rock Star's Daughter which was the first book in this series. I therefore begun this with anticipation however it didn't live up to the first book. It is interesting and readable with moments of interest but there were many places where I just wanted something to happen, to liven it up. There is one major event which happens at the beginning and the rest is how the character copes with it and her new school. The Treadwell Academy.

It does link very well and shows more of Betsy's character and the reason for her behaviour in the first book.

Overall - readable, but I'm not hurrying to pick up the third installment, although it is on my kindle and I will read it at some point.

Gail Jones
Author of Family Missing

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 23 Sep 2012
This is a good YA read and I'm amazed that this and the other books in the series aren't as well known as they should be. The first one, The Rock Stars daughter, I downloaded for free, this one was well worth the money. Both are very well written. This book is about Betsy Norfleet, a character first introduced in Rock Star's daughter. In that, she wasn't very likeable but in this, she is. She faces a very tough life despite the money and celebrity lifestyle and has secrets she feels she can't share with anyone. Caitlyn Duffy handles the subject matter well in the storyline and all is satisfactorily resolved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad but great, 22 Aug 2012
This is the third book I have read by this author and it is as excellent as her other ones. Duffy's writing style is superb as is her ability to create amazing characters. The book is a complete page turner; I wanted to read the whole book in one sitting and was sad and longing for more by the end of it. However, the subject matter of the book is rather serious and left me feeling somewhat uncomfortable and with a heavy heart.

This book is part of a series about the lives of various girls at a boarding school. Duffy's previous books mostly take place outside the boarding school whereas this one is largely set within the school. The reader encounters a number of Duffy's previous characters, notably, Taylor ("The Rockstar's Daughter). I found it really interesting that the repeat characters come across so differently in this book as compared to the previous books. For example, I loved the Taylor character previously, but really did not like her in this book. Conversely, I disliked Betsey (the main character in this book) in The Rockstar's Daughter, but really fell in love with her in this book. I suppose these perceived differences between the characters are actually intentional as we are seeing the characters through different eyes. The author always writes her books in the first person from the perspective of the main character.

One downside: I read a review on the author's previous books on amazon.com which claimed that Duffy's work suffers from a lot of typos and would require better editing. I never noticed it in the previous books, but certainly did in this one. However, this does not detract from the enjoyability of the book or the talent of the author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 8 Nov 2012
I read this after The Eockstars Daughter and liked the linked characters and cross reference story lines.
More an adolescent read but nice and easy to pick up and became rather compulsive reading. Would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
Good reading enjoyed the set

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth comes out, 6 July 2014
Betsy is the daughter of a rock star and the owner of a large cosmetic company. She has been physically and sexually abused by her mothers husband Danka who she finds out that he has done similar to his brother's daughter. She managed to get away from him by going to boarding school....

4.0 out of 5 stars Omfg, 27 May 2014
This book was amazing every detail was incredible.
It was filled with happiness and sadness you should get it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 April 2014
Read all these books now all absolutely brill can never wait until the next one is out Caitlin Duffy is amazing

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 18 Jan 2014
I love this book! it gas something for everyone, and I think that it is a great read for on holiday, or just at home :)