Platform: Xbox 360|Change
Price:£10.78+ £2.03 shipping

on 29 June 2014
As far as I know it's fine as got it for someone else who hasn't got a account, but it arrived within time given
on 3 April 2015
cant live up to the first grid but ok,but i would get grid autosport alot better,,,but grid 1 5 stars lol
on 4 April 2014
A great game at a great price. A cheap game that is great to and stands up to new driving games
on 14 September 2013
It's not as good as the first one and the story is could have even better would rate it 6/10
on 31 May 2013
I have had this game a week now and I'm loving it. The biggest change from Grid 1 (G1) is the new and improved car handling. In the G1 they had somewhat of a "floaty" feel to them, but this is no longer the case. Codemasters (CM) have introduced their new "Truefeel" handling system and it works so much better as you can now feel much more of a connection with the road. Some have said that this game feels more "arcadey" but I personally disagree - I think it strikes a good balance between arcade & sim. Graphics are also superb. Compared to G1 they are a lot crisper and more detailed but still run smoothly, and the lighting effects are amazing. Also, the actual track environments are stunning and really feel "alive". With everything from helicopters/planes/birds flying overhead, monorail trains, papers/leaves blowing around the track, and animated crowds - these tracks really are a complete contrast to the almost static environments found in Forza. The largely unfamiliar selection of tracks is also very welcome. As much as I love racing around the likes of Silverstone, Nurburgring & Suzuka it's good that CM have avoided these typical racing game staples and gone for something a bit more fresh. There are 14 locations in all, but most have multiple track variants (some up to 6), reverse versions, and several also have day/night race conditions. Those who enjoyed the city tracks in G1 will welcome another healthy (albeit different) selection in G2, including Barcelona, Paris, Chicago, Miami and Dubai. These city tracks are great fun to race around, and is something that was sorely missing in Forza 4. Most of these city tracks also feature "liveroutes" - this is where the track can dynamically change from lap to lap. It's not particularly realistic, or even new (Porsche Challenge in 1997 did a similar thing) but at least CM are trying to mix things up a bit. The sound on this game is also hugely improved from G1. Car engines now have more "oomph", external sound effects are good (like driving over grates in the road) - but you may want to turn the music down/off (I did). It was CM that pioneered the flashback/rewind feature in a racing game in G1, and unsurprisingly it returns here. This time around though it has been intergrated more seamlessly, and I'm pretty sure you can go back a little further now. I haven't tried online yet, but will update this review once I have done so. Yes, it's true that CM have removed the cockpit view which has already annoyed a number of fans. Personally speaking though I usually use the bumper view so for me this isn't an issue. My only minor criticism of this game are the replays, which frankly could be better. There are too many spinning/moving cameras, and this is the only thing G1 did better. Overall this game is a lot of fun, looks and sounds great, and CM have improved upon the original Grid in (almost) every way.

UPDATE (6 June)...

Well, the more I play this game the more I love it, so I stand by my review above. Going by my "Was this review helpful to you" rating (currently 4/11) though obviously a lot of people don't agree with me, but hey...each to their own I guess. I will comment on some of the other reviews though; Yes there is an element of drifting in the game, but to be honest once you get to the European races (season 2) then you start getting the grippier cars. Admittedly CM could have made this easier for players by opening the career mode with these and then moving to the American leg (where you start career mode) where cars are more suited to drifting. Saying that, it's not something that bothers me hence why I never mentioned it in my review. Also some have said that this game is getting away from it's roots (the TOCA games, if you go back far enough), or that it is too arcadey. Well, apart from the fact that the original Grid was already getting away from it's roots, after prolonged play I still say that G2 sits nicely somewhere between arcade & sim. Lastly...some people find the American guy who talks to you very annoying...well if you actually dig around the options you'll find you can turn him off!
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 June 2016
Great rendering of scenery. Handling is not the best that Ive tried.
on 13 July 2016
Bought it for grandson but the wrong one in error so can't comment.
on 1 July 2014
Love it but you can waste a lot of time (as my wife tells me)
on 28 December 2014
Good fast paced driving game, good price & fast delivery
on 13 October 2014
One of the best racing games out there in my opinion

See one answered question