This is a super piece of kit for measuring your bike speed, distance covered, average speed etc and it is reliable. The hardest task is setting it up initially and calculating the wheel coefficient (ie diameter of wheel x pi) which is worth noting down because inputted data is lost when the battery is changed. After setting it a few times, it becomes second nature and takes only a minute for subsequent setting-up and then you're away. It's fun to use and, for the less fit such as myself, it's good to see my distance increasing daily while also being encouraged to go a little further on each trip.

I've used mine in a light shower but I'm doubtful whether the handlebar unit would withstand a thorough British winter drenching. I get around this by removing it from the handlebars and popping it into my pocket where it still receives a signal from the transmitter unit on the fork.

I note some reviewers didn't get a reading from their unit - nor did I initially but this was my own fault. I'd incorrectly fitted it with the spoke magnet pointing away from the receiver unit on the fork! Once I realised I turned it around and it worked perfectly and has done ever since.

A good buy.
on 8 January 2013
Only used it once so far, but it seems to do exactly what it's supposed to. Just be sure to read the instructions carefully, and line up the sensor and magnet correctly and you should be good to go. It also arrived 3 days earlier than expected which made me a happy bhoy, as did the price.
on 5 August 2013
Had bought a more expensive bike computer for my son for his road bike and thought I should have one for my trail bike but didnt want to spend a lot of money. This item at under £6 looked the business and was not a lot of money to loose if it wasnt up to scratch. It arrived before ETA was easy to fit and works like a dream. it hasnt been out in the rain yet so not sure what will happen then. But so far so good.
on 6 May 2013
Bought this after sending a previous one back. Must say this has been one of my best buys EVER.
Fantastic bargain and does everything you need.
Plus its really easy to install.
on 5 November 2013
If you're serious about biking, and measuring the distance you've been with the average speed etc. then I wouldn't rely on this bit of kit. Spend more money and get something that is a little bit more accurate and uses GPS. It's simply not accurate enough and sometimes just doesn't display anything if you are going too quick. The device itself is very well built and looks very nice. It's okay if you want to have a speedo for curiosity sake rather than actually using this for something useful to gauge your cycling stats.
on 2 June 2013
Easy to fit and it does the job - for the price you can't go wrong - Keep your eyes on the road though!
on 23 January 2016
I'm yet to test it on-road (will update when I have), but it works quite well based on a quick test of just spinning the wheel around by hand. Shows speed in real time, plus an odometer, clock, etc. Picture is accurate.

Comes with batteries which is handy (1 little watch battery and one of those ones that has the diameter of a AAA but is a bit shorter).The instructions to put it together were pretty good too - I didn't have any troubles with them. It does say to keep the sensor 1.5mm away from the magnet on the spokes, but I found that you don't actually need it that close. It still works fine at 4mm.

Delivery was a lot faster than expected - it showed up in exactly 2 weeks, which was great. Very happy with it all.
on 13 February 2014
At £7 I did not expect much, well I didn, t get much either because this is quite small - this is a good thing.

It is big enough to read comfortably on the handlebars, gives a full readout at the end of your trip and feels nice and secure.

The instructions say the magnet and sender unit need to be 1.5mm apart maximum, I think this is a misprint and should say 15mm. Mine are about 12mm apart and work fine, I don, t think its possible to get them 1.5mm apart!

Seems like very good value compared to other much more expensive units, just have to see how long it lasts!
on 19 August 2013
Great value bike computer, does everything I need it to do. Was a bit awkward to fit on the front forks of my bike but that was the spacing between the forks and spokes on my bike nothing to do with the computer. I bought a slightly more expensive one for my son which is wired, this wireless one is easier to fit, works as well as wired and does the job without a hitch.
on 3 October 2013
EASY TO INSTALL WORKS PERFECTLY WOULD BUY ANOTHER..................... VERY EASY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTION , VERY GOOD PURCHASE FIVE STARS ......................BUY?