5.0 out of 5 stars It was an inspiration
Published on 12 May 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars I only like extra cheese on my Pizza....
I really enjoyed the first Chicken Soup books and the stories were warm and fuzzy -- good falling asleep or bathroom reading.....This series, in it's quest to maximize its' fad-like shelf-life, has lapsed into cheesy, moralistic garbage. I admit that I didn't finish the book, but I did not find myself moved, and felt that the book was quite manipulative. Chritianity has...
Published on 8 May 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars It was an inspiration, 12 May 1999
By A Customer
Chicken Soup for the Chrisitian soul is a collection of 101 short stories written by a variety of authors. The book is similar to the Chicken Soup for the Soul, except there are Christian values and beliefs woven into the book. The book really helped me learn how to show Christ in my life, whether it be at school, work, or anywhere. The book had many great stories. One of my favorite stories was The Bible. It is about a young man about to graduate from high school. All of the grads normally get cars as their gifts so he was expecting one. He went out with his father and found a car. He was very excited when the day of graduation came. His dad gave him his present, which was a bible. The boy threw it down and ran out. They never spoke again. Almost 40 years later the boy recieved a phone call that his dad had died. He went home to sort through his dad's belonging. While he was there he found the Bible that his dad gave him. He opened it and there was a check for the exact amount of the car. That story along with many others had a theme. When I was feeling low in my faith I read stories of how people deepened theirs. Reading how others were in the same situation as me help to encourage me. There is a story for every mood and everyday. There are stories on parents and teens fighting. Most teenagers have problems with their parents and sometimes both the parent and the teen feel alone. The book is a good reminder that others are going through the same things. There are stories about miracles if you are feeling like God is missing from your life. The stories taught me how to pick God out of days or even a situation. There are not only stories there are also jokes and comics. There is a whole section called on the lighter side, which is very funny. There are stories on every topic of life. There are stories that will make you cry, laugh, rejoice, and just smile. The book changed the way I look at life, family, friends, and most importantly God. The book opened my eyes to all the little acts of kindness that I sometimes over look. "This will lead you to forgive others for their trespasses asnd yourself for your shortcomings" The book is for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great spirit, 29 Dec 2005
Kurt Messick "FrKurt Messick" (London, SW1) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Most of the series of 'Chicken Soup for the Soul' has the kind of warm and fuzzy story that many find endearing and sweet. They are not 'deep' most of the time, but do point to things beyond themselves; for my own use, I often find sermon illustrations and stories within the pages of volumes of Chicken Soup -- as chaplain at a retirement centre, many of the stories help people to recall happier times, and help them deal with their present situation.
This particular volume involves stories with specifically Christian themes. The broad topics of the Christian life - love, giving (generosity), family and parenting, faith and hope, overcoming obstacles, death and dying - all these are addressed here, the contributing authors making explicitly Christian connections in their narratives. Much in the manner that Readers Digest accepts unsolicited stories from amateur authors, so does the Chicken Soup series. Often the most meaningful stories are those that happen to people who are not professional writers. However, there are 'names' among the contributors to this volume;
Each of this stories can easily be read in a short time. This makes it a good source for 'falling-asleep reading', for use in public speaking and preaching opportunites, for shared reading-aloud times, and for simple enjoyment and entertainment. Many of the stories here are ones that stay with you; these are stories I use again and again in my chaplaincy, and they are always appreciated.
The editors of the primary series 'Chicken Soup' are Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen; for purposes of this volume, they are joined by Patty Aubrey and Nancy Mitchell, who also helped with the 'Chicken Soup for the Surviving Soul' volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul is a wonderful book., 12 May 1998
By A Customer
I have read exerpts from Chicken Soup for the Soul but I haven't finished it. I have, however, being a teenager, read Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul. It was the most inspirational book I have ever read. Its uplifing stories have helped me to better understand my life and relationships as a teenage Christian dealing with today's problems. I would highly recommend any book in this wonderful series to anyone and everyone!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book lightens your soul., 22 April 1999
By A Customer
These stories helped to enlighten my soul like no other publication that I have ever read. The flow of emotions in my body as I read each story brought a certain sorrow and joy to me. The stories of lost love and friendship greatly affected me. I felt like I could relate to these people, like I have had the same emotions that they are experiencing in their time of pain. I have been through some tough times, and it makes me feel better to know someone else has too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that everyone should read to become a gobal citizen., 17 Jun 1998
By A Customer
This is a book that can be read siliently or out loud to an audience at anytime. One little action, one little world could mean a lot to others. The stories touch to the deepest of one's heart as the person start realizing the truth of the world and the reason of life. Chicken Soup for the Soul is for honor and love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup proves its ability to enrich one's life., 1 Feb 1999
By A Customer
Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul paints a beautiful picture of true Christian love. The book does exactly as the title implies: warms the heart and rekindles the soul. The stories are very touching and moving, and they are all the more remarkable because they are true. Chicken Soup leaves the reader feeling very loving towards others and wanting to follow many actions of the people in the book. Chicken Soup's many themes include love, friendship, and devotion. Most of the stories in the book are based on one of these ideas. Often the stories show how love and friendship impacted or changed the author's life. People come to value these things much more when they have really been involved with the feelings of love and friendship. Chicken Soup makes a point to impress these values on the reader. The stories in Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul are all drawn from personal experience or the experience of a friend. This makes them seem quite real to the reader and leaves a very lasting impression. Many of the stories in the book question the power of Christ in one's life. Every time, His power holds true. Other times, the stories of devotion show just how rewarding love can be. These two things really give the reader something to think about. Also, the reader doesn't take so many things for granted. The Chicken Soup stories have all been very well written. They are worded in a way so as to touch the reader with everything they say. The book argues and defends its title very well and answers all questions posed in any of the stories. Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul proves to be very accessible to just about any reader of reasonable age, although the book probably has a more lasting impression on Christians. But, being a Christian isn't necessary to understand and enjoy the book. The point of view varies throughout the book, which makes it a little more interesting to read. The strengths of the Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul include the wonderful Christian-like themes it addresses throughout the book. Also, the book's ability to leave a lasting impression and make the reader truly grateful is definitely very important. As for weaknesses, none were noticeable. This book really contributes to the reader's understanding of life in general and how a little love and caring can go a long way. Reading Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul would definitely be a positive influence on just about anyone. The book proves its capability to cheer someone up when the soul feels blue. This is a wonderful book that plenty of people would enjoy, should they take the time to understand the feelings of the authors. Chicken Soup can certainly change the way one looks at themselves and others and make the quality of life much richer.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a book to open the heart and rekindle the spirit., 8 Jan 1999
By A Customer
Chicken Suop for the Christian Soul is a collection of stories full of love, forgiveness, hope, and charity to open the heart and rekindle the spirit. The book is divided into 8 sections including loving, giving, parents and parenting, faith, the lighter side, death and dying, a matter of perspective, and overcoming obsticles. Each section is filled with inspirational stories about the miracles Christ has preformedin people's lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone needs to go out and buy this book., 19 April 1999
By A Customer
This book is very inspirational because it makes me understand the reality of life. This book makes you look at life in a different light. I really enjoyed reading this book, and I could hardly put it down. I highly recommend this book to everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, 30 July 1998
By A Customer
The Chicken Soup books seem to have been based on Judeo-Christian principles. This book is even better than the rest of the series. Each story will benefit those who are hoping to have a read that will entertain and help the readers faith.

5.0 out of 5 stars It has rekindled my faith in God., 28 Sep 1998
By A Customer
Every story I read brings tears & happiness to me. Never ever has a book done that before. I read certain stories over & over again. It has brought alive the faith which I thought was lost.