5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for identification, 2 Nov. 2012
Gj Pritchard "Dune" (Middle East) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snorkel the World: Red Sea Coral Reef Guide (Kindle Edition)
Ive searched a number of book shops and on line stores for a good book to identify the fish I swim and dive with in the Red Sea. I stumbled upon this book and thought for £2.50 it had to worth a try. Previously Iv'e spent over £30 on a single books with most being for aquarists not divers or swimmers.

I am delighted a simple book with clear pictures detailing all common fish, inverts, sponges and corals in the locality. If you're in the same boat as me (sorry of the pun) get this book.

Note: One problem is I live in KSA and don't have a Kindle. Amazon would not let me download Kindle for PC as I was in Saudi. I ended up downloading from CNET of which the copy worked fine. I was a little worried about entering my password for Amazon as I got the software from a third party but Ive had no problem. I will be using it to download further kindle based information books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 15 Dec. 2014
A fabulous informative book about the Red Sea and it's inhabitants. I work as a dive guide/instructor in Egypt and have been looking for a fish guide book that I can use on my tablet to help ID fish for my guests. This fit the bill perfectly and for this price it covers most of the species I need to show and educate people about. Also includes a very informative section at the start about the evolution of the Red Sea and environmental threats. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and enjoyable, 18 Jan. 2014
Great little book. Plenty of information on snorkelling and the Red Sea and surrounding environment, as well as the fish guide itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book., 14 Aug. 2013
Nice easy reading and very good to either a snorkeler or diver giving plenty of information on the types of fish you can see with nice photos. Value for money

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and informative Guide, 14 Mar. 2013
Not so brilliant on your standard Kindle though. Best seen on the Kindle Fire in order to see the photos properly, not the same as miniture black white images! Very handy to have on a Kindle while on vacation along the Red Sea in Egypt.

5.0 out of 5 stars A clear and informative guidebook, 1 Feb. 2015
An interesting, short introduction about the formation and history of the Red Sea. Some useful advice on snorkeling. A wealth of detailed information on Red Sea marine life. Overall an excellent guide if you are snorkeling the Red Sea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide, 10 April 2015
This is a great little guide book, with some great advice and awareness features that adds context to the region