on 18 June 2013
This book is a little dated in style but has clear instructions and pictures as to how to do around 150 stitches. It show you what the front and back will look like, suggests uses for each stitch and a rhythm for the stitch itself. It is grouped into families of stitches - eg chain stitch family, knot family, straight stitch family, blanket stitch family so it is easy to see how the stitches develop. I am a beginner at embroidery and this has developed my technique but there would be something in here for embroiderers at all levels.
on 18 April 2014
Marion Nichols' stitch encyclopaedia is more than just a how-to book, it gives extra details and added information that allow for true understanding of the construction of embroidery stitches, which in turn make it easier to teach the stitches to others.
on 4 May 2015
A really well laid-out book. Stitches are introduced in 'families' so a really good book for beginners and experts alike. The stitches in each chapter could form the basis of a reference sampler.
on 17 April 2015
My embroidery stitch bible. This book is so easy to understand and gives a lot of different stitches for absolute beginners up as you progress. I would hate to be without it. It is my best buy.
on 8 September 2015
Very informative book. Fast delivery.Looking forward to using it.
on 15 February 2015
A bit boring but does sho lots of stiches.
on 13 January 2014
Nice for my dob I always nite somthing now for my student and my shelf so I bay meny books her in amazon strong servis is good for my.