5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
A brilliant machine - present for my hubbie. After finding the counter on which our faithful delonghi was placed covered in coffee grounds one too many times, I'd had enough and made a selfish purchase. By the time Saturday kitchen's Rick Stein was on, hub was still in the kitchen, fiddling with coffee bits.

I was a bit apprehensive because of the gimmicky...
Published 20 months ago by gogo

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful
Published 12 months ago by Duncan Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Magimix Nespresso U Coffee Machine - Orange (Kitchen & Home)

I was a bit apprehensive because of the gimmicky threat. How wrong I was! This machine makes FABULOUS coffee, fresh and with nearly an inch of crema. Each is packed to stay fresh (we used to fight for fridge space). Flavours are distinctly different, with a few varieties of decaf. But the real clinker for me was how clean, no mess-no spill, easy-clean this was. As husband observed, this is the iPhone of coffee machines. Sexy and small, efficient (less than 30 seconds) and clean - what more could you ask for? 30p per cup is also very little to ask in my opinion, for a gorgeous coffee better than any crappy Costa or StarSchmucks.

Only tiny critique is that no Vietnamese or Thai coffee is yet offered. There is Brazillian and Indian but no Viet! The third largest producer and exporter of coffee in the world! And I have tons in bags which now I can't make. I hope Nespresso catch on soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee machine, 21 April 2013
If you like Nespresso coffee, then this is a great machine.
Funky colour & easy to operate; open the slider, drop the pod in & close. That's it.
It even ejects the pod once its done.

5.0 out of 5 stars CLEVER COMPACT DESIGN, 12 April 2014
Mr. G. Pearce "I hate cleaning!" (BIrmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
Very neat and compact design - works perfectly. Nice how you can load water and capsule, switch on, then it produces coffee a few seconds later. Shame of course about the cost of capsules.

It developed a fault where the computer got confused - I told Nespresso - they collected it and returned it rectified within a few days with no charge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it - great machine, 11 Mar 2014
C. Dhanjal "Catherine Dhanjal" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Love this, the style and colour are perfect. I've heard it described as the Apple of coffee makers and I'd add to that it also has the Dyson elements - easy to clean and hard to break. The coffee is gorgeous too!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, 24 May 2014
Bought this one to replace the Krups I had since 8 years
So well thought! Every thing is built to look good and be easy to use,
Would have scored 5 stars if i received the £40 voucher

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee machine, 20 April 2014
Fantastic what did I do before my nesspresso machine came to me !!we love it .keep hoping George clooney is going to appear in my kitchen.!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 22 Dec 2013
Duncan Evans (UK) - See all my reviews
This machine makes reasonable coffee, although the temperature can vary for no apparent reason. Unfortunately the machine tries to predict the cup size you want, which in practice is a pointless feature, as you have to double check the cup size every time you make a drink. Also, there is no indicator denoting the drip tray is full, so the machine floods the kitchen unit if you don't empty the drip tray every day. Having previously had the now discontinued Jura machine for 6 years, this machine has been a slight disappointment, so I would probably not buy this model again.

1.0 out of 5 stars WOW - Burning Smell, Leaking, Sent 2 machines Back., 11 July 2013
M. Walker (England) - See all my reviews
The first one of these machines arrived and had my first coffee and I have to say it tasted amazing, it was all down hill from there.

The second time I went to make another coffee the pods weren't piercing and the water was coming out the bottom of it.

So I decided to try another pod, same thing happened, after about 5 pods I decided the product was faulty (do ya think!).

So got a replacement a couple of days later (nice once Amazon, always efficient).

This time after my first lovely coffee when I turned it on for another frothy coffee, the machine starting making a funny noise, smoking and the smell was awful. Unplugged it immediately however the machine started to get extremely hot so had to stick it outside.

Called Nespresso, they were concerned and helpful, as were Amazon.

Ordered a Krups Pixie now as recommended by a bloke at Nespresso.

Great coffee, bad machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coffee maker, 27 Jan 2013
'Swapped' this from a Magimix M200 as we didn't need the milk frother. It's smaller, therefore takes up less room on the worktop. It looks nice in the colour orange and makes great coffee from the Nespresso pods. Well worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars EPIC!, 15 Feb 2013
I would say that if you like real coffee, fast, hot and perfect.... Then you would be a fool not to buy this! or any Nespresso machine.... i just like this one coz its orange :)
My favourite thing ... other than the best tasting coffee ever.. is the NO MESS aspect. you just empty the pods out. takes like 5 seconds and they give you a recycling bag to fill and come collect it for free once you have a certain amount.
It makes an espresso in seconds and then you can just top it up with a little hot water with a touch of a button if you desire it longer. I can confirm that once you have one, you wont be able to live with out it. DON'T go for one of the cheaper random pod systems... get the real deal. This owns!

Magimix Nespresso U Coffee Machine - Orange