on 30 October 2015
Damn, damn, damn this thing is good. Everything I want in echo in one tiny box. My gigging peddle board ca 2000 had DM-3 and DD-3 delays and this nails them both with a flick of a switch and BIG PLUS it emulates a tape echo that will make you weep. I tried the AnaDelay but the analogue mode in this sounds better to me. Try it and you will wonder why anyone would play guitar without echo (and lots of it).
on 12 October 2014
Excellent pedal. Would buy this again if I lost it.
on 16 May 2013
OK, now this is more like it! A simple-to-use pedal to get those lovely old echo sounds.
I used the Mooer Ana Echo for a few gigs and was highly impressed and then tried the MDD1. I bought the MDD1 because it has the old tape echo sound, which is very good indeed and which I need for the music I play, mostly 50's and 60's.
Trying to get an old Copicat or Binson is nearly impossible now, this pedal comes very close indeed, and is very compact. Also, being solid state, has none of the vices of the old mechanical units.
There are three modes on this pedal, Analogue, Real and Tape Echo. The Anologue echo is similar to the Mooer Ana Echo; the Real echo has an interesting "spacey" sound. For me the Tape Echo is what I was seeking, it has the mild sonic imperfections of an old mechanical unit, without the hassles.
A winner.
on 2 November 2013
The pedal works well, I went to Mooers webb site to see demo and was impressed especially for the price. You do need to remove the rubber backing to fit velcro for most pedal boards which goes againt the warning of not removing lable.
on 8 October 2015