on 7 March 2015
it's okay- they are useable and everything, and they don't get caught in my hair, but the ends of the wires were uncovered, making them a little sharp. that meant that if you're clumsy like me it's pretty easy to stab yourself in the head with them! they're not bad, but if you do buy them i suggest either being careful when you put them in, or just buying a more expensive make. they were good for the price, though!
on 1 April 2016
Order arrived promptly but the finish is not as good as I would have hoped for. The ends of the pins are sharp and, unlike others I have purchased, do not have a round "bobble". I purchased some gold pins from another supplier at the same time and these were well finished so I have ordered more black pins from them. If I can get around the sharp ends, then I will use these pins but, at the moment, I would not be happy using them in my daughter's hair. Unfortunately the finish, in my opinion, has let this product down and I would not recommend it.
on 28 October 2014
well having had great sucess with these types before but with "stopper on one end)found these bit awkward to use,great if someone is putting your hair up for you but personally found didnt hold hair as securly as wished
on 5 December 2015
I brought a set of 2 years back. Costing a fortune at the time I might add. But over the years lost 1. So when I came across these I was over the moon. A nice large pack at a very good price. Gave 2 to my friend. We both use them a lot. Her hair it just hitting her shoulders, fine and flyaway. Holds her hair up well. Mine is very thick and down to my bottom. Holds my hair in place no problem. I only need to use 2 as well.
on 12 February 2016
I have a pair of spiral pins I bought a while ago that I use a lot more now that my hair is longer, as I find they are the best thing to secure a bun in my very thick hair. However since I only have two I then use a lot (really, really a lot!) of other u-shaped open pins to fully secure and smooth it. I thought a full bun of spiral pins would work better for me, but I didnt want to spend too much getting them until I'd tried it. So these were a steal!

HOWEVER - they are very sharp on the ends. Some of them are impossible to screw in because they get stuck on my hair and forcing them further would have snapped my hair. For the price it isn't worth sending them back.

Personally I'm going to attempt to sand them and coat the tips with something to make them usable in the meantime.
on 20 September 2014
These are thiner and slightly sharper than the ones I've had in the past but they do work, to an extent.
I think the main problem is that my hair is very fine and I do struggle to find ways of keeping it up which is why I've ordered a variety of different options in order to hopefully find one that works.
It's years since I've used this type, back when my hair was permed, I know I'm cringing as I'm typing but they worked really well back then. Now my hair is longish, straight and very fine so they do struggle to keep it up and it's ok for a messy bun effect but not for much else, so I continue on with my search.
on 23 November 2014
Not great quality but okay for the price. The ends of these are a bit sharp and require you to be a bit more careful putting these into your hair than a brand name variety.

In the end however it does a similar job and for a good price as these are the type of items that get lost very easily!
on 13 April 2016
Excellent to hold buns in place but the ends of these pins do not have rubber caps on, so when spinning into your hair you are spinning jagged metal ends through your bun. This obviously isn't good for your hair. Better to spend a bit more money and buy ones with proper bobby-pin covers on the end.
on 7 February 2016
all I can say is ouch!, these are a cheep imitation of a more expensive make, whilst they do work, they practically cut you head when you apply them as the ends are super sharp. Not impressed hence I will not be using in the future
on 23 March 2015
Brilliant for fixing my abundantly curly hair. I used to have to use about 482 kirby grips, would worry about visibly shedding them during the day and invariably found a few stray ones still in my hair the next morning. These are much more efficient.

Top tip though - if your head starts to hurt, stop screwing them in: time to re-angle and try again!