on 21 February 2013
It's light to carry, compact, exceedingly easy to set up and very quiet in operation. Instant shut down is a useful feature too. Connects to a PC/laptop for powerpoint presentations or playing a DVD. The feature that I chose it for is the USB slot that allows you to play a series of JPGs directly from a memory stick, which means that you can go to a presentation with just the projector and the stick. Good picture and easily viewed in daylight, although obviously better when conditions are dimmed. Adjustments to the display image are easy, as is focussing. The remote control is also well designed, with a useful zoom function and pointer and the ability to swap easily between inputs. Very pleased with this buy.
88 comments46 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 April 2013
Good value for money. Useful facility in projecting directly from SD cards and memory sticks. Bright enough to use in normal room lighting in a school hall.
on 1 October 2013
Ordered Friday night, arrived Mon afternoon with Amazon s £8 delivery wotsit.
Just decorated back room white but no carpet or anything yet.
very first projector. So wjth just a white room a wine case and a beanbag unpacked the box.
Thrilled. Looks amazing. Read the quick setup guide. One hdmi cable in and we were off. Up and running within minutes, remembering ive never had a projector before.
the image was incredible. Centered the wall perfectly without any nonsense. Took up the best part of the wall from just under 4m.
Great little remote. Easy to understand menus.
comes with computer cable, disc and a carry case.
Blu ray in watched the first 10 mins of the first ep of game of thrones.
incredible. But because I havent moved in my av amp and towers I only had the speaker in the projector to go by. Sufficient enough, with a decent sound.
but obviously the whole experience is going to improve athousand fold with the 5.1 av set up from my Onkyo amp.
The menus were a joy for a first time user. I was adjusting levels with confidence in no time.
The focus is easy and the lens comes with a well designed lens cover, but please first timer's remember. Do NOT turn it on with the cover closed.
as I never had my av set up I opted for 'quatermass and the pit' on dvd as myfirst watch. Complimented the built in speaker and the first Hammer film ive seen on, dare I say it?, the big screen.
Fantastic, even for an old film. Needless to say when the system goes in its gonna be more of a chore to choose what to watch first. Blade Runner or apocalypse now are the fore runners at present.
anyway back to the projector. A beautiful piece of kit. I havent run my xbox through it yet but I see no problems there especially with netflix etc.
if like me you're new to projectors and a bit confused and uncertain. Go for it!
you wont regret it. I havent.
in short then, gorgeous to look at. I was sitting right next to it and it didnt disturb me in the slightest. Menus are blissfully easy and the screensize has to be seen to be believed.
one down side is that is isnt as clear during the day as it says but to be honest thats probably because I havent adjusted the settings accordingly yet, but any window covering should sort that out.
finally, and im not sure if it was for this projector but if im right the bulbs are a bit pricey, at £75. If thats right then please tell me where I can get a +150 Inch telly for £75 and ill start queuing now.
first projector. CONVERTED.
0Comment33 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 April 2013
This product has many features - it does a great job on movies, and photos etc., but still working on using it for powerpoint slideshows when linked to a laptop.
on 17 November 2013
Gives spectacular light, sharpness & colour in its projected images. Unit is lightweight but good quality, & shows impressive versatility in functions & connections. It has clear instructions & its own carrying case.
on 1 September 2013
I have no experience of projectors but got this just to watch films on the 'big screen'... it is really exceptional. Even on a cream painted old wall in my house in France the picture is sharp and so clear, night or day. It is light and easy to use too and it arrived very quickly.
on 13 September 2013
purchased for many reasons, one of which that I was going on holiday with friends somewhere where i knew there was no tv. I figured a projector and a dvd player would alleviate any issues caused by rainy days.
very happy with the size and weight of the unit, build quality is what i would expect from an Epson product.
Image quality is great, even up to 'screen' sizes of ridiculously big (didn't get the tape measure out, so i don't know the exact figures) i think we had it set up about 2-3 feet from the wall, and got a good 1m (possibly more) wide image from it.
in built speakers are ok. unit does get quite warm during use, so although it doesn't take long to shut down, it does take a little while to cool down.
it has some kind of auto keystone function, so it will try and make a nice square screen for however you have positioned it, which generally seemed to work quite well.
works exceptionally well in the dark, and also very well in (average) day light.
on 10 October 2013
easy to use, sharp brilliant light, cools down quickly. Remote control doesnt synch with my lap top but that is probably my fault. Excellent connectivity (HDMI, SGVA and USB). Sound quality is thin and poor volume but alternative solutions are easy to find via laptop. I have used this machine to good effect in a variety of dingy venues with a lot of light pollution from outside. Amazingly good value for an excellent little machine
on 10 August 2013
I was a little worried about something as delicate as a projector being sent in the post, however no worries as it was very securely packaged and comes in its own padded bag. Setting up was simple, I just plugged it in and connected an HDMI cable to my DVD player and it worked - simple. It comes with a comprehensive instruction book on DVD which gives details of all the 'bells and whistles' of which there are many and will take some time to play with but the controls and menus are easy so it will not be a trial. The overall quality was good, much better than I thought it would be for the price and the picture was very good and easily seen in a partially lighted room, light enough to read a book by and take notes. The sound quality, although not cinema quality, was very adequate and more than loud enough for presentations. I like this projector. Well done Epson!
on 4 November 2013
This is the first projector I've owned. Used some old and busted projectors while I was in uni for power point presentations, but other than that I'm a newbie to this sort of thing. So... first the basics:

Delivered in five days (and that includes a weekend - 3 working days), and that's on the free delivery. Packaging very secure - nothing loose, lots of padding. Big plus.

Speaker is ok. You definitely want an external system for a proper home cinema experience, but it's fine for just watching TV. (I'd say the speakers are just as good as the ones on my old TV - take from that what you will).

2600 lumens is... a lot. Picture is perfect even with the living room light on (I do have energy saver bulbs). And I'm projecting onto the blue paint of my bare wall.

The keystone correction is great. And fairly necessary: the projector throws images up (I had a mount prepared above my sofa... which meant I was projecting onto my ceiling until I moved the projector onto my coffee table). You can adjust the feet at the back and the front to project higher or lower, which is great, but there's not that much movement, which is not so good. There's no lateral-"keystoning" though, so you're stuck with a trapezoid shape if you don't position the projector in the middle of your screen (not a huge issue, in fact I've never seen a projector that could correct for that, but it'd be useful if it did).

800x600 is good enough for my 108" screen (heh), but the quality could be higher (you can JUST notice the poor resolution at this size). Speaking of screen size, 108 is the smallest I can make the screen (projecting from the back wall of my living room to the front - I guess I could always move the projector closer), it can go much, much bigger... which blows my tiny little mind.

The fan is fairly quiet. So long as you've got sound coming out of the speakers, it's not too bad - i.e. it's not a distraction when you're watching a film. I'd describe the volume as somewhere between a whisper and a quiet speaking volume... library volume? But you can definitely hear it if you listen for it. The unit throws off a lot of heat as well (d'uh).

The instant off isn't quite instant, but it's much quicker than the projectors I used to use when I was a student. It's a great feature.

Didn't come with a user manual, but it's very intuitive. The remote is clearly labelled and there's a big button marked "help" on the projector that offers some great insights.

All in all, a brilliant product. I'd give it 9/10. It's not QUITE perfect, but for this price it is BRILLIANT.
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse