5.0 out of 5 stars Anti virus package.
Published 17 months ago by Colin

1.0 out of 5 stars A continual frustration
Published 13 months ago by J. V. Owen

5.0 out of 5 stars Anti virus package., 14 Feb 2013
This review is from: McAfee Total Protection 2013 - 3 PCs, 12 month Subscription (PC) (CD-ROM)
I have used other packages in the past but I am now used to the mcfee system, although these days it needs less and less user interface, it works far more in the background. It is a large program which can slow your PC / laptop down when scanning, no more than others I think. Never ever pay the normal price, 70 plus, I got this one for 15, 3 user from Amazon. Open your mcafee account, load the disc and mcafee online does the rest. I also purchased an extra user for 10. Please don't forget to disable auto renewal on your mcafee account!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent price, 16 Feb 2013
I have had McAfee installed which i purchased directly for several years. I recently had an email saying that my subscription was due for renewal. I found this on Amazon and saw that i could get exactly the same package but for the 3rd of the price. Not too sure why it was so much cheaper on Amazon though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good at what it does..., 27 Jun 2013
I have been using McAfee for many years but do avoid automatic renewal..Each year I can find it cheaper than the renewal by spending a few minutes internetting. The total protection is easy to use and updates regularly as it should..I cannot compare it to other security services but it does for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Anti Virus Available, 16 Jun 2013
J. Vance "J. Vance" (G>B>) - See all my reviews
It is always hard to know which anti-virus to get and if you check out top 10 lists they change constantly. I tried many, but this is the best I have used so far and unless it starts to give me problems I will keep using it.
This gives anti-virus, firewall, anti-hacking, malware and shows safe sites. It does everything you need to try and stay safe on the net and once installed you can forget about it as it works behind the scenes. I choose to let it update automatically and it does this often, mostly without my knowing, but occasionally there seems to be a deeper update and I can see my PC lowing down briefly - but better this than a virus. A you can use it on 3 computers I was able to buy one and use it on my desktop and also my lap top, and this makes it great value.

1.0 out of 5 stars A continual frustration, 2 Jun 2013
J. V. Owen "j owen" (Nottingham UK) - See all my reviews
I have used Mcafee products for many years, (on 12 machines for my company) but in the past couple have been driven to distraction by their irritating behaviour and poor backup from the company. The scan feature brings the computer almost to a halt and takes anything up to 5 minutes to stop. If you turn it off, it turns itself back on again later. Productivity suffers and people get cross with their machines before they realise the problem and try to turn it off.

I have had a continually re-occurring problem where the firewall turns itself off and will not be switched back on again. This has been happening for years, but there still does not seem to be acknowledgement from the company how serious a problem it is, or a readily available solution (input "Mcafee my firewall keeps turning itself off" in any search engine if you want to verify this). The best I can find it to carry out a complete re-install, which is fine if you only have one machine, not it it happens to several. Having just spent half my sunday fruitlessly trying to solve this - again - I am ready to switch to another product.

Updates intermittently cause computers to stop working properly, which seem to then be fixed in later updates without acknowledgement that there was a problem. It used to be a very good product and it is a shame that it now seems to be more trouble than it is worth. I notice that the magazines no longer list it as one of the best in its software class. There must be a good reason for this.

I recommend not purchasing this software if you run a company and do not have an in-house IT expert ready to sort out the regular problems for you. Perhaps McAfee monitor these feedback messages and may wish to comment?

1.0 out of 5 stars McAfee Total Protection 2013 - 3 PCs, 12 months of misery, 3 Feb 2013
I bought this in a promotion for 16 november 2012, still now I feel robbed.
First of all it is horribly complicated compared to my previous antimaleware. You are obligated to register on the website, changing computer or op-sys will take a week of unactivation period, free support is unaccessable since the site is faulty (details below), remaining option is calling the local HQ for additional money with robots and waiting times. I have to admit though that finaly I could talk to a support agent who was helpful and professional.
The interface is anything but intuitive. Finding reports or adding exceptions are hours of a challange.
Over being complicated it feels also unsafe. Among other problems it blocked my news RSS I've been using for ages, meanwhile I got something that stole my facebook login and sent it strait to Jordan... Never happened similar with Kaspersky.
McAfee's free online support requires to fill a data form (even if you are logged in). This form is buggy. When it asks for e-mail you can type in your e-mail without a problem, then it asks for confirmation and the box wouldn't take the "@" character! Tried four browsers, several page-coding systems on different computers. Talking about a software company- this is quite scary. And how do you tell if a firewall is good? Not necessarily needed for a virus but blockin things Im sure about says to me: It's a software hasn't the faintest idea what it is doing.
Why did I change from Kaspersky? Well, tried to save a few bucks thinkin that McAfee is a big brand too after all,
mustn't be so bad. Now I think it is .

4.0 out of 5 stars McAfee Total Protection for my computers., 20 Jan 2013
I have used McAfee for some years now and like the user interface as it is easy to use and seems to cover me from attack.
I have never had any problems installing it on my main desktop PC, laptop and now my Tablet PC running Windows 8.
It has been good value over the years but I would suggest looking around each year for the best price for either download or by purchase of discs. Be wary of auto renew

3.0 out of 5 stars messy subscription, 23 Feb 2013
a good product spoilt by a silly subscription requirement, if it ain`t broke don`t fix it. the previous years have been easier to use

5.0 out of 5 stars vfm, 4 July 2013
great value for money - have 3 laptops and all covered now great thanks, two years on the trott now used mcafee

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 9 Feb 2013
Arrived within days.
Already had McAfee Internet Security installed but licence was about to expire. Tried to install it but it wouldn't load.
Then spoke with McAfee helpline. Excellent response. The lady was extremely helpful and took on the job of installing the product.
Works perfectly.

McAfee Total Protection 2013 - 3 PCs, 12 month Subscription (PC)
Out of stock