on 5 June 2014
At first I was skeptical as I were contemplating whether to purchase but as I saw it was only a mere £10 I thought why not?
As a result I am so happy I took the plunge in purchasing! I have only had this product a day and I am extremely satisfied.

My main concern when purchasing though was whether I would be able to use my shoulder rig or tripod with the viewfinder attached due to its mounting point being on the bottom, when I had received the product I had realised I have been worrying for no reason as it has a mount at the bottom also so you can use both the view finder and a tripod/shoulder rig etc.

Looking into this viewfinder is amazing it is almost like looking at an enlarged HD tv which has a live view of your camera, the magnification is great and it does not let light in!

Only having it a day I am unable to tell you whether it can last long but I would honestly keep purchasing this even if it did because for the money this is a give away!
on 9 June 2014
Would be 5 Star if Item was of exact portrayal.

Upon opening the packaging I found that it is not exactly how it is portrayed in the photo's.

In the photos it shows that the magnetic frame screws on to the quick release screw on the bottom.

This one came with double sided sticky tape on the frame to peel off and apply to the camera.

I didn't want to apply it at first as I didnt wan't to stick tape to my camera. After some thought and debate I thought it may work in my favour as it means I can use it AND my Battery Grip at the same time with no hassle.
on 6 August 2013
V3 LCD ViewFinder Extender for Canon EOS Rebel T3i 600D & 60D Was not sure about V3 LCD ViewFinder Extender as it does not mention the Canon 650D anywhere in the description. So I checked out the Canon 600D, which it does mention, and it looked the same, the viewfinder, as my 650D.

So at £22 it was worth a try. Well, it fitted like it was part of the standard equipment. I have used my 650D outdoors in bright sunlight and was guessing at what was in frame. Not any more. I have used the V3 LCD in the same situation and it not only magnified but I can see all the information I require.

I had read that it let light in at the sides but this did not happen with me.
on 8 July 2014
Excellent Extender using on Canon 70d fits very well magnets are also very good, very reasonable price compared to some others "no glue no strings" either. On one extender the strings to attache it are more expensive than this very good extender and look terrible and the eyepiece is an "extra" which also costs a lot more than this extender to buy separately.Also very good delivery plus FREE P&P. hard to beat in this type of item.
on 30 October 2013
Despite the seller having assured me, in reply to my query, that the item was exactly as pictured and attached with a bracket to the underside of the camera - so as not to have to stick anything to the camera body itself (something I had read others complaining/worrying about, since there are, it seems, at least two versions of this loupe), this was NOT the case. same thing avbl chpr elswr
on 24 September 2015
Item had rusty contact and slightly bent screen on the frame that attaches to screen - probably due to bad initial packaging by supplier. Subsequently placed in strong outer package which was placed over the original flimsy box which had lots of extremely sticky tape holding it together. Taking this tape off tore the original box . The strong outer package appeared to have been put over the flimsy box which had been squashed on the corner and probably caused the bent screen. HOWEVER item needed in hurry so as the frame was easily straightened, and one contact was polished I kept it and it actually works extremely well in sunlight on Canon 700D, hence the 3 star. Have held it to phone screen in strong sunlight (where magnetic contacts don't work) and it works on that too.
on 18 December 2013
GREAT ACCESSORY BUT IT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER IS YOU COULD FOCUS THE EYE PIECE BUT IT MAKES VIEWING THE SCREEN SO MUCH BETTER IN SUNLIGHT
on 26 September 2014
Firstly a couple of the magnets fell out and I had to stick them back in which was a bit fiddly, shame the eyepiece is not adjustable to compensate for eyesight, so I need to wear my glasses, but it seems to work well enough, though I've not used it "out in the field" yet so to speak.. However it is quite cheap so good value for what it is.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 September 2015
The frame that attaches to the camera can only be attached with adhesive strips, it does NOT screw in to the bottom of the camera like the pictures suggest. I complained but they just sent out the same product again.
If you're happy with the glue then its good enough, magnets are a bit weak though, falls off easily.
on 22 June 2014
I did,nt expect much from this cheap item. My EOS 1200 has a movie function only via the LCD screen - which is completely useless outside. BUT the viewfinder works wonderfully well enabling me to take superb movies with my DSLR. It partially obscures some buttons - but they can still be use. Highly recommended...