1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous resource - lifechanging, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Natural Psychology: The New Psychology of Meaning (Kindle Edition)
This book, like all the best books, came along just when I needed it - both for a writing project as it filled an enormous gap in my background reading- as well as for my own personal well-being. I was stuck and confused about a number of issues and the content of this book has helped me push through so many barriers I'm actually pinching myself it's real! Seriously, natural psychology is a breakthrough in the self-help; coaching; counselling canon, in my opinion. Dr Maisel gives detailed explanations for many everyday existential problems as well as the big issues like life, death, depression, anxiety, loss of confidence, relationships, meaning, authenticity and creativity etc. But he goes beyond the usual self-belief stuff with actual tips, techniques and mantras you can use to override negative self-talk for instance, and re-orientate your life towards meaning-making on a daily basis. It will occupy my bedside table for a long time to come, probably for life! Highly recommended.