I've just read `Living a Laptop Lifestyle' by Greg and Fiona Scott, which is about how to set up a successful and profitable online business.
Published on 26 Mar 2012 by R. Warlow

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless
This book is worthless. As said by another reviewer GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN (by George Marshall) is the book to buy and read, with great content. Another good book with value content is THE $100 STARTUP (by Chris Guillebeau).

Published 11 months ago by Kristian Fenaux

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless, 12 Aug 2013

This book is badly written, full of words with no practical info, far too many photos and illustrations unrelated with the text, and full of fluffy nonsense and the authors blowing their trumpet. No value at all.

Amazon's reviews are every day more and more unreliable, to say the least. Certainly I myself do not trust the star system any more. Unbelievable such a book gets that many five stars, and, as the saying goes: when something looks too good to be true, it usually is.

Do a Google search about "how to five star amazon" and you can see for yourself how they do to get all these unreliable five stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars I started off enthusiastic..............., 21 Mar 2013
Well, who wouldn't be interested in leading a laptop lifestyle, traveling the world, not having to worry about the 9 to 5 grind? Me for one, and having read the reviews I put this straight on my wish list. Well, I finished reading it today, and I have to say, I was a little disappointed. The first few chapters got me all revved up, inspired, motivated and raring to go. The authors write well, and make it an easy read, letting people like me, who really would like their own online business but have no idea where to start, believe that it really can be done. Then I hit chapter 5, and my thoughts changed.For me, it all got a bit complicated, and I lost a bit of interest- I thought the book might give me some ideas on what I could sell online, and how to source the products etc, but its all about blogs, affiliate marketing,traffic and the like. For someone like me, who is not an expert at anything, and really doesn't have anything to say that someone would find interesting (let alone pay for),it was all a bit of a let down.I don't think this book was intended for the likes of me,so,for now,its back to work on the 9 to 5 grind for me............

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book on Setting up and Running a Successful Online Business, 26 Mar 2012
R. Warlow - See all my reviews
I did wonder when starting to read 'Living a Laptop Lifestyle' whether it would be a list of strategies for making money online but no, this book is more about the fundamentals of running an online business. In the book you'll learn the essential skills which will put you in the position of being able to start earning serious money online.
A lot of time in the book is spent looking at yourself and the authors take us through their five-step process for achieving a success-based mindset which is needed to set up and run an online business. Many books focus on the 'how' but reading this book makes you realise that the 'why we do what we do' is by far the most important aspect of running any business.
The book also has links to a number of videos done by the authors which back up what's being said. There is also a list of essential resources which will make running an online business even easier.
I loved reading this book because the authors have made it very personal by sharing their stories and experience; the 'real people' behind the book comes out through the text. It's not a dry book written by theorists but by two people who have `been there and done that'.
The ideas, tips and strategies shared in this book are equally applicable to people looking to start any type of business; it's a very inspiring book.
One line in the book sums it up, 'Maybe you dream there is a better lifestyle but you don't know how to go about it or even how to start.' Well, the answer is simply ... buy this book. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction to Internet Marketing, 8 Aug 2012
As someone who has tried Internet Marketing in the past and not really passed go, this book is an excellent guide for anyone who wants to know how to succeed in this field of marketing. Greg and Fiona Scott have been there and done it in terms of both the pitfalls and the successes. As their book relates, they are two ordinary people who had high flying careers but suddenly found themselves on the sharp end of redundancy. As a result of this, they decided to explore Internet Marketing as a line of business, something they had a strong interest in already. However, as they explain, they soon found it to be a steep learning curve with many new things to learn. All the same, with a great deal of persistence, hard-work and positive thinking, they were able to overcome any initial pitfalls (and, heaven knows, Internet Marketing is a minefield!) and go on to grow a successful business in a relatively short space of time.

In telling their story of how they did it themselves, they provide a very honest account of the problems they encountered and provide some excellent advice to the reader on how to build a profitable lifestyle business online the right way. They don't assume a great deal of prior knowledge. In fact, they approach the subject from the point of view of a total layman. So if you are a bit of technophobe and are put off by the perceived complexity of the internet, don't be - because this book explains a lot on how anybody can utilise the power of the internet without needing to be Bill Gates! Greg and Fiona cover the basics and recommend some excellent tools which you can use to keep your business self-sustaining. They also provide access to some online extras (such as links to videos) which can help guide you as well. As well as the technical stuff, there is some great advice on self-motivational techniques to keep you focused on your goals. At the end of the day, I believe that focus is the most important aspect of any business.

There are many charlatans and rip-off merchants out there in the field of internet marketing. Greg and Fiona are certainly not among them. They have been on the receiving end themselves and this, again, is apparent in the book. They display a genuine willingness to want to help others to achieve the goals which they have, and this is certainly refreshing.

Thoroughly recommended for anyone looking to get into internet business and to obtain a laptop lifestyle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 29 Mar 2012
I have read many "how to make money online" books with most of them being disappointing. So when i was recommended this from a friend i thought why not I am eager to learn more ways on how we can develop our business online. From the moment I opened the first page I could not put this book down. It is an easy read with real life stories from 2 people who know what they are talking about. The book has opened up my eyes into new ways of streamlining my business and how to enjoy more of living a lap top lifestyle. I recommend this to anyone who wants more money and freedom in their lives, as this book is a great guide on how to get there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide for all Budding Internet Entrepreneurs, 13 Mar 2012
GF (London, UK) - See all my reviews
If only this book had been published a year ago, it would have saved me lots of time and trouble! However, it is still very timely given the current internet revolution. Hundreds of thousands of people all around the world want to generate an income through an online business but many don't know where to start. Greg and Fiona have given a highly readable and engaging overview of the essential components of a successful internet marketing business and the steps required to go about achieving it for yourself. Like other readers, I could not put the book down until I had finished it! I have now read it twice as it is packed with excellent tips and advice that I will be using immediately. I particularly liked the chapter on the success mindset and tips for time management for those of us working from home. I for one will be downloading their template schedule to use on a daily basis and signing up to a website for online data storage. The book resonates with me because I am following in Greg and Fiona's path in setting up my own online coaching business and their tips on avoiding their mistakes is priceless. They talk from experience in a very informal way. Their advice on getting yourself a mentor right from the beginning is a great tip as having a guide and a sounding board will prevent you from getting distracted by all the shiny, new, enticing products that you are bombarded with constantly on the internet as you set up your own business.

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't stop reading it, 1 Mar 2012
.... seriously I couldn't. I started reading and each page was a real inspiration. It's practical,it's very "real" - based on the authors' own experiences - and written in a highly engaging style. Greg & Fiona are generous with their information and it's hard to see why one wouldn't follow their advice! A book to devour and to return to repeatedly, I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living a Laptop Lifestyle - Work Anywhere in The World, 30 Mar 2012
How many times have you said to yourself "I just wish I could ....." or heard someone say "I wish ....." Well now you can read how two normal everyday guys gave up their day jobs and set about finding a way to live the "laptop lifestyle". If you have seen and heard all these people talking about the laptop lifestyle and thought that it wasn't possible then you should read this book and be inspired by what Greg and Fiona have achieved.

If you think that starting an internet business is too difficult or that you won't be able to make enough money from it then read how they did it and follow their journey step by step. Still not sure? Then ask yourself "what's stopping me" because only you know the answer to that. Everything else you need to know about getting started on the internet is in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 24 Mar 2012
If you are considering working for yourself, whether using online strategies or not, this book lays out the great reasons it can be a wonderful way to earn a living without being caught out by the get rich schemes and common mistakes.
For those like myself, that have been working for themselves for a while, this book is a great reset button back to positive. However far from being just about inspiring action it is a very practical book with easy to follow tips and useful resources that any lay person could use immediately.
Greg and Fiona have a very engaging,frank and personal writing style which managed to show how knowledgeable they are about the subject, while showing great empathy for those who are coming at this with little or no experience.

I can see myself reading this again.

2.0 out of 5 stars very little practical information, 14 Mar 2013
a story from some people who made a living from selling those dodgy-looking (regardless of whether they are or not) "information products"...
no practical information about any other business ideas or form of "laptop lifestyle", and far too much chat about how you should look at your self in the mirror and chant stuff each day...
I find it strange that they researched how to market stuff on the internet, and then they tell people (for a big fee) how to market stuff on the internet, but never actually marketed anything other than their "how to market stuff on the internet" informational products... it's like a whole industry created of vapour-ware, with no actual product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›