Size: 5 UK|Colour: Black|Change

on 14 April 2015
Where have you been all my life !!! This is the first time I have been able to wear full length wellies as I have a large calf (17 inches) they fit perfectly with room to spare for my skinny jeans, like the others on here I say goodbye to Hunters now as their long wellingtons are made for very slim legs only, so I could only wear their short boots.. My new Aigle boots are very comfy to wear even in the warm weather today, I put a pair of cotton socks on with them and walked for 5 miles with my dog. I just love them, no more tying up gaiters and walking boots anymore I just step into these and I am off, so handy at 6 in the morning !!! Thank you so much and Thank you to all the reviewers on here who took the time to comment on these boots as I had given up on trying to find a full length pair of wellingtons until I discovered these on this site. I am very happy and so is my dog as we are now up and out in minutes !!!!
on 1 April 2014
I bought these boots for my son, as I have a pair and they are the best you can get. They are so comfy you can walk miles in them, they are great for walking our dogs across the fields where we live. I would recommend these boots 100% mine are 2yrs old and Still going strong. I used to buy Hunters but they are rubbish now. Such a shame as they used to be made in Scotland not anymore!!
The price of these boots is incredible as when I bought mine they were £20 more then. Absolute bargain if you do a lot of dog walking like us.
on 21 April 2015
Needed replacement wellies, as my Hunter Balmorals have come apart after less than 2 years so I certainly didn't want to get another pair! These Aigle boots were strongly recommended on all levels, so I had to have them. Ordered at a good price and delivered quickly. I was pleasantly surprised, the rubber material is so different (flexible), they are light in weight, have a chunky heal but most of all they feel really nice on, fit well and very comfortable. The brown colour is lovely, best described as chocolate brown, a nice change from the typical green. These boots are far more superior on all levels than Hunters (uncomfortable and badly made), so if you want a good quality and comfortable wellie for practical country usage get the Aigle's and don't waste your money on Hunters.
on 2 November 2014
Excellent fit although if you are a half size go for the smaller size. I road tested these boots on a 2 hour walk. The boots were comfortable throughout the walk. No aching feet when I got home and my feet were dry and comfortable. You can't say that about many other 'wellies'. Yes they are expensive but looking at other reviews they appear to be worth it.
on 10 January 2016
I bought these boot as a replacement to a pair of muck masters from the muck boot company, which are a brilliant boot in every way except one very key point.
I store my boots outside, upside down on a boot rack, the muck boots are half rubber with the leg part made out of neoprene for a comfortable fit. The boots feel like trainers they are so light and comfortable on the foot you can wear them all day without noticing them. The only issue is the neoprene acts like a sponge and soaks up any moister in the air when on the rack so you get wet legs while wearing them, not good. Even worse they then release that water in to the boot so you have a puddle where you want to put your foot!!!!
So I bought these, first thing I noticed is on they first wear they are not as comfy as the muck boots but you soon get used to their feel and actually I prefer the full length rubber sides with the adjuster buckle system. Overall I'm very happy with these boot and would recommend them over the mucks unless you're keeping them in a boot room, then either are perfect.
on 4 January 2016
Bought these, as well as the Regular Parcours. Identical apart from the obvious expansion tab and the logo on the front. Hard wearing rubber and a good fit but... I also bought a pair of Muck Boots Chore for £72 (also Amazon) to compare.... and am keeping the Muck Boots. They were easier to put on and off, the neoprene at the top flexed to allow for jeans/different sized calves (no need for rubber tab), they were SO much more comfortable underfoot - like night and day, and warmer, and a slightly wider tread so I felt more steady when walking over uneven ground. Muck boots were also far more reinforced at the toe (not steel cap) and heel and all round the rubber felt thicker - like it would withstand sharp sticks poking when walking through undergrowth. Nice wellies, but am sending them back and keeping the Muckers!
review image review image review image review image review image
on 14 February 2014
I love those boots-at first I thought they were a bit on the small size for wellies (I went for a 5.5 as I am a 39 (UK size six) and they only do 5.5 and 6.5. Other reviewers said the boiots came up large, so I decided to choose the smaller size. I think this was a good decision, as I don't need thick socks ( a normal thin hiking sock or wool sock is fine, as the lining seems fairly warm). I think a half size up would have been ok, but a whole size definately too large, as then the boots would have flapped on the heels.

You also don't need so much space as, opposed to normal wellies, the bootom is cut more like a walking boot, so the foot doesn't slide around as much, whereas in normal wellies they do and hurt your toe.

The grip is good and they keep your feet warm. Have yet to test them out on very muddy lanes and see whether they hurt my toes, but am confident that they will be fine. Forgot I was wearing them today in town, and with normal wellies, I never do!
on 5 July 2013
See, also, my other review of the 'Aigle Parcours ISO Open' boots, which I own, along with other boots which I've reviewed on here. The Open's are warmer than these... but dearer and have a zip up the side instead of these boots which have the adjustable strap. Both systems work well and accommodate wide calfs. These and the ISO Open's were the most comfortable boots I've tried. Fit like gloves. I love my Open's and would readily buy these 'Parcours 2 Vario's having tried loads of other boots and found these two Aigle boots to be the best.
55 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 December 2015
The boots themselves look great and are clearly very good quality - I would expect these to last a long time as they appear very hard-wearing and well made. My only problem was the sizing - I am usually a size 9 so ordered the right size but they have too much room in the leg for me and are just slightly too big in the foot also.

If you get the right size then I think you will very happy with these boots - fantastic quality and look great.
on 23 March 2016
I have been a fan of hunters and always worn them, but when my hunters started to fall a part after about ten years I looked at hunters again to only find that they are not built as well as they used to be constructed.

I brought a set of Aigle boots before but needed a second pair so I brought these and I am really happy with them.

They are so comfortable to wear, it is like walking on soft sponges and I am sure you could go for long walks in these and not suffer any discomfort at all. I wear these for work all day and not had a single problem with at all, they are also comfortable to wear for walks and out and about in town.