5.0 out of 5 stars After three great albums what do you do?
What you do if your Billy Talent is put together an album of tracks that could have made their way onto any of those first three albums and throw in some that are most definitely new classics.

Published on 14 Sept. 2012 by Howard Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Talented again.
I bought the double cd with their first two albums so I thought that Dead Silence was a good buy. I enjoyed it but it was not so good as the first two but worth the money.
Published 13 months ago by Big Bob

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars After three great albums what do you do?, 14 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Dead Silence (Audio CD)

One of the most consistent bands working today these boys never fail to deliver. What does Billy Talent stand for? Quality, honesty and integrity. After one listen I wasn't sure, after two I was coming around, after three I started to really appreciate it and after listens four and five I realised I was going to have to start rationing my listening to twice a day.

The album really does take you on a journey there are songs here that wouldn't sound out of place on any of their three releases and some which clearly define this as one of their strongest offerings yet. At 14 tracks it comes in at over 50 minutes and so you could expect some filler.... But it's BT so no such thing, I was sure after a few listens there'd be a couple of tracks I'd be skipping past but no such thing this has quality oozing out of every track.

All packaged up with a tight production the band have never sounded better and this is surely vocalist Ben's finest hour with just the right amount of screaming and singing throughout.

So to sum up they continue to thrive in their very own genre, are they a mix of pop/punk/indie/skate/metal? No. They're Billy Talent and long may they reign.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 5 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Dead Silence (Audio CD)
I've listened to this album countless times, and it is amazing.

I've loved Billy Talen since Billy Talent I through till III. I don't think I can compare this album with the others. It has a slightly different sound and feel to the others, but still it sounds distinctly like Billy Talent. A good mix of heavier and softer songs, and interesting lyrics.

I will admit, the first time I listened to the album I was unsure, but the second time I listened, well, it was awesome.

Look forward to listening to this album again, and again, and again....

If you liked their earlier albums, I think you will like this album to.

Favourite songs 'Swallowed Up by the Ocean' and 'Viking Death March'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Mar. 2014
A. Barratt (Northwest England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dead Silence (Audio CD)
I'm new to Billy Talent and since buying their first album, I've bought them all.
Dead Silence is excellent. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!!, 4 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Dead Silence (Audio CD)
A bit of a slow burner at first but the album is a good progression from previous efforts. Once it sunk in i really enjoyed it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Dead Silence (Audio CD)
After the first listen i was hooked and loved his distinctive voice ... best purchase this month.
If your a Billy Talent fan or not like my husband even he put it on his i pod.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music!!, 31 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Dead Silence (Audio CD)
This is an amazing album and well worth buying! The shipping is rather slow from this seller, but worth the lower price to wait. Overall, would use again if not in a hurry to receive items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Billy's Got Talent, 9 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Dead Silence (Audio CD)
Fabulous! Never before have 14 perfect rock tracks appeared on a studio album (although Machinae Supremacy's "A View From The End Of The World" came close) Every track is a rock master class that has that distinctive Billy Talent sound, but taken up a level. If you're a Billy Talent fan, buy this album without hesitation. If you're not a Billy Talent fan, buy this album and join the gang.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canada's got Billy Talent, 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Dead Silence (Audio CD)
I'm not even going out on a limb here, but Dead Silence for me is the album of 2012. It's a fantastic and awe-inspiring listen! From the medieval opening of Lonely Road To Absolution to the anthem like closer of Dead Silence, this is an album brimming with quality to the full on every single song. That's right, every single song. There is not a hint of filler anywhere on this remarkable album. It's as if the lads thought "Holy s***, we can put everything we have on this CD." There are 14 songs here and it's nearly an hour long but again I repeat....there's not a single filler track here.

Ian D'Sa's production is fantastic. The clarity and crispness of sound is a credit to him. The baselines are immaculately captured and Jon Gallant shines on this album.

Musically it's quite simply a rock album and its an excellent one at that. There are shades of The Cure on Show Me The Way and Ben's vocal honestly put me in mind of Bruce Dickinson at his best. There are anthems here in the shape of Dead Silence and Swallowed Up By The Ocean. There are pounders like "Viking Death March". There's punk rock here in the shape of Surprise Surprise and Man Alive! Whatever the "mood" the whole album bristles with quality whilst retaining the Billy Talent signature sound throughout.

Considering the quality and maturity on offer here its very surprising that Kerrang surmised that Billy Talent weren't a bigger band because of Kowalewicz's voice and D'Sa's hair(?). Ben's voice is superb throughout and Ian's hair has got nothing to do with the album. So I'll say what I think the inept Kerrang reporter should have said all along. Namely that this album will go down as a classic. Without a doubt the album of 2012 and arguably of the last 5 years.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Return to Form for Billy Talent, 25 Nov. 2012
C. Kirstein (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dead Silence (Audio CD)
After an amazing first two albums and a lacklustre third, Billy Talent return with a aplomb. All the stops have been pulled out and the Canadian rockers have come up with something truly special here. BUY IT NOW!! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Billy Talent rise again!, 20 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Dead Silence (Audio CD)
Billy Talent yet again hit heights most bands only dream of. Throughout their career they've been brilliant and I was slightly apprehensive that "Dead Silence" wouldn't match their previous efforts but I was wrong....it's pure genius. Existing Billy Talent fans will love it, new fans will love it. Roll on the live shows!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Dead Silence
Dead Silence by Billy Talent (Audio CD - 2012)