5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money.
When I saw the reasonable price of this item, I was concerned that it might be of poor quality. However, its absolutely fine. Good quality wood, leather, and metal construction. It works very well.
Published 23 months ago by John

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible.
Published 7 months ago by Nick

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money., 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Authentic RDX Leather Pro Skipping Speed Rope Adjustable Weighted Fitness Boxing Jump Gym (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality rope, 1 Mar 2013
Product is as described - can be adjusted by allen key once cut to size, or just tie a knot near the handles.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good quality, 16 Aug 2013
Very good quality, well made and easy to adjust to the correct length. I bought this to use as part of my fitness routine at home. It is many years since I used a skipping rope and it is not as easy as it seems but well worth persevering as I am sure it will be excellent for burning calories!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Mar 2013
Whoever says you can't achieve speed on this rope cant skip and hasn't got the right length. Excellent for keeping up your fitness, especially the fact it has weights in

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fast rope and cheap!, 10 May 2014
Very good rope, people who complain about the construction must have been unlucky as my rope is solid. Its very fast as well, can easily do double-unders, although the weighted handles make it a bit tougher - nothing a bit of practice won't change. If you handles squeak, apply some oil. Would recommend this rope for people of all ability I guess, just make sure you cut it to the right length which i think is from your foot to mid-sternum - but google it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible., 11 April 2014
This is the worst skipping rope I have ever had the displeasure of attempting to skip with. As an elegant dynamic skipper with my last skipping rope, I was instantly transformed into a mal-coordinated clown stumbling about with it wrapped around my legs. I can't imagine the neighbours were best pleased either, as the loud squeaking from the handles sounded like someone was driving a tank through the village. I would avoid this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item, 15 May 2014
Very good item. Got delivered quickly. Get a good grip with the handles. No problem so far with this product for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars problem with ropes, 17 Feb 2014
bought this item as a training aid for my grandson who has now taken up boxing, we tried other skipping ropes but these were to light and he had a problem keeping up a speed and sustain any kind of motion. so I purchased this item and the difference it made, no more tangled feet, catching the head, he now does 20mins no problem the weight of the rope and the 90 degree fitting on the handle make all the difference. well worth the purchase price and would recommend this to any one trying to keep fit. the wanted man

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice stuff, 12 April 2013
Well impressed with the product they feel strong and well built. Would recommend to everyone. Had many ropes in the past but these are my fabourite

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 Jan 2014
I've just got this and used it for the first time. The rope was a bit too long for me so decided to shorten it by cutting it and re-clamping the rope using the grub screw. Sadly the metal that holds the rope is very poor quality and it snapped as soon as I tried to reinsert the grub screw. I ended up using electricians tape to hold the rope in, though I don't think this method will hold for long.

Once I started skipping I found it an ideal weight and quite a hard workout. Just what I wanted. However, after only a few skips one of the screws in the bottom, that acts as the weight, fell out. I tried to screw it back in but there were no threads in the wooden handle to hold it. I had to use a hammer and knock it back in tight.

I have also got the RDX dip bars in my gym and they are of excellent quality so I was very disappointed with the skipping rope.

With the quality of materials used (barring the metal swivel part) this should be excellent, but sadly mine was poorly constructed.