4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the earlier model, but still not 5 star
My better half dropped our Skype phone in a sink full of water, so we had to buy a new one!

But the old one (the earlier version of this) had problems even before my wife drowned it - the ringer had stopped working when it was only about 15 months old (if you read the reviews you'll find this is a very common problem). We couldn't return it as we bought it...
Published 22 months ago by P. Haynes

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery Life
Good reception and quite easy to use. HOWEVER, not clear when the phone is sitting in the cradle properly and charging. Also the battery life is NO WHERE near what the product description says it is. Standby life is about 10 hours (not the 100 claimed) and talk time more like an hour (not the 10 claimed).

Keeping the product as it is the only one available...
Published 20 months ago by Stephen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away from this product, 8 Mar 2013
I had the previous model of this Dualphone which I liked, so I decided to try the new one. I attempted to connect the phone to the base station maybe 20 times to no avail. I spent the entire day reading up on forums only to find out that this is a common issue with the phone. Don't waste your money and then suffer the frustration that I went through. avoid at all costs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery problem or just a dud phone ?, 15 Aug 2014
Bought this to replace my dualphone 3088 which expired suddenly after being faulty for some time. I was hoping that the 4088 would address some of the problems inherent in the previous phone. Not so, just a whole lot of new problems, and some of the same. This phone has now also died. I think it is a problem with the rechargeable batteries not charging properly or fully. I am without a phone until the new batteries arrive and even then this may not sort out all the issues. Why do they send out a phone that is not fit for purpose ?

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 25 Nov 2012
This review is from: RTX DUALphone 4088 Skype and UK Landline Phone - Black (No PC Required) (Electronics)
so much more convenient than using pc for Skype. Works well have only had one issue when we had longterm internet issue, this was quickly resolved with one email to customer services

2.0 out of 5 stars Older model much better, 17 Nov 2014
E. Leboeuf - See all my reviews
Got 2x RTX 3088 before which were much better than this new model. Battery life is poor. First unit shipped was running out of battery after a few seconds (tried with several sets of rechargeable batteries without success) and had to be returned. Replacement unit is holding charge better but still not great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, it replaced our previous 3088 set, 8 July 2014
Very good, it replaced our previous 3088 set, however the buttons are a bit confusing, as they are not colour coded as before.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 6 July 2014
I've had this phone for about a year now. I had to replace the first one as it was faulty. My current one constantly shifts off its connection on the base and discharges itself. It's really shoddy workmanship. I'm afraid I can't recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars software problems .!!!, 27 Jun 2014
Got it .... fine.
Connected to WiFi fine...
Started auto update fine...
Never finished update .... crashes and when restarts says it is auto up dating.... software problem phone sent back and money back fine ...
Maybe it was just a bad one .....

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 10 Jun 2014
sound quality could be better for skype, but I think that's just skype. so much easier to have a dual phone, rather than one for skype and one for the landline

3.0 out of 5 stars Problems, 4 May 2014
My RTX phones keep cutting out resulting in the person I am calling can't hear a thing and they say it sounds like I am speaking through water. Have changed the batteries to 950 rechargeable a but no change.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dualphone 4088, 25 April 2014
I do not have a landline so this phone suits my needs.
I found it very easy to install and an improvement on
the previous version.