5.0 out of 5 stars A Better Model
Published 20 months ago by Jazz

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - With Flaws
I bought this as I needed guaranteed access to the internet during Easter 2014 and thought the high price would ensure this. However once installed I was greeted with a message saying I needed to top up my credit to get access to the internet.

Published 2 months ago by ROBERT B.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Better Model, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Three Mobile Huawei E3231 Dongle Ready To Go 12GB Preloaded Data (Electronics)
When I searched for a 12GB Three dongle, I was directed to a newer model. This dongle has a stronger, better design. Also, when you plug it in, the internet automatically pops up – you don’t have to click on anything. However, I wish this dongle would tell you how much data you have used after each session. The reception is very good and the webpages load nice and quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT DONGLE!!!, 10 July 2013
This dongle was perfect! It had internet everywhere I went. Also, I used my laptop as wireless hotspot so that other WiFi devices could access 3G through my laptop. But to create a hotspot for other devices, I had to download a software called VirtualRouterPlus. This allows other users to access the dongle's 3G network through the laptop. What I did was that I took my WiFi IPad 2 outside. (There is no 3G at all on this IPad). Then I connected the dongle to my laptop. This created a 3G connection for my laptop so that I could access the internet. I then started VirtualRouterPlus. While the software was starting, I went to 'Settings' on the IPad. I then went on 'Wireless Networks' (or something to that effect). I waited for the SSID, which is the network name such as BTHomeHub3 etc to show up. When this showed up, I tapped on it and to connect, I had to enter the password so that I could connect the IPad to the laptop. Usually, the default password is 12345678. But you can change it if you want to. So, after typing in the password, I got the IPad connected to the 3G network using my laptop as a hotspot. A great dongle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and use, 14 Mar 2013
This was a present (a years internet connection). I set the dongle up on my laptop, sent it in the post to the person and it worked first time when the dongle was plugged into their laptop.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it but, why do they always stop working after 9-11 months?, 4 Jun 2013
I've always stuck to 3 mobile as i like the portability of the product and the fact that i don't need to have a contract. (the pay as you go sim cards are available on amazon and are cheaper than getting a monthly voucher and last longer. i.e a voucher for 3gb purchased from a store wil last a month whereas a 3gb sim will last 3 months). If I have one huge problem with these dongles it is how long they last. (not just this one but all the three mobile ones i have bought before) they all have lasted me 9-11 months before they start malfunctioning, by that i mean they start taking longer to start, won't connect and lose contection. (I'm i being stupid?, do they only have a shelf life of 9-11 months are is it just my bad luck or are they only made to last a certain length of time?.) All that being said i have tried other brands and have always gone back to 'three' as they work the best.
The dongle itself is sleek in design and this version has the bonus of conecting once placed into your usb (whereas other previous versions had to be conected and disconected via a tab) only thing is though don't forget to diconect from your usb once finished surfing the net as it's easy to forget as there is nothing on screen to alert you that you are online.
SO to sum up if your looking for a dongle which gives you portability,are only using limited amount of internet usage (it does work out expensive if you download alot) and don't won't to be tied to a contract (although contracts are available) this might be the one ofr you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug in and surf, 29 Aug 2013
Just plugged the dongle in, it set itself up and we were on the internet in minutes,
Works when other networks have a really poor signal,
Would recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - With Flaws, 8 Jun 2014

This was puzzling as the box claims you get three months' worth of access included in the price. After many calls to customer service I'm still waiting to get the 3 months worth of credit. I have been given 1 GB instead whilst a very long technical issue is being resolved.

Also be beware that unlike other networks when Three says you get a month of internet access it actually means you get about eight hours and you have to top up again. Ie they expect you to only use the internet for 8 hours a month.

FINALLY and more alarmingly you cannot top up your credit with a Visa debit or credit card and you cannot buy anything on ANY website that involves going through 'Verified by Visa'. This is because Three have a dispute with Visa and do not want to pay their charges. Very frustrating if you wish to top up or buy online (because you can't!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good connection, 4 Sep 2013
Chris Smith (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This dongle gets a great reception, even out in the sticks in the Northern Ireland countryside. It's very easy to setup - just plug it into a USB port and install the driver software that's stored on the dongle (like a USB drive), so no need for CD's or downloads.

3's dashboard and top-up system is very straight forward, you can also buy vouchers from high-street stores and key in the code from them to top up that way rather than online.

3's signal seem more reliable than other networks in my experience, always getting stronger faster connections when I'm out and about in meetings / visiting clients etc both here in Northern Ireland and in mainland UK.

I'd highly recommend this dongle specifically for use on the 3 network as I have found both the dongle and the 3 network to be very reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than expected, 19 May 2013
I was expecting a middling performance from a mobile internet connection but was amazed by the speed of this dongle, very good reception as well. Very pleasantly surprised.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Mobile Huawei E3231 Dongle (12GB)., 18 Feb 2013
Very pleased. 12GB can last an entire year even accessing the internet every day. A very good price and very convenient too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A better dongle than the old one., 16 April 2013
This dongle has a new interface which open a web page for you. Where you can check your allowance remaining and do all the other things the old one did. The main reason I bought another dongle was it is cheaper than topping up the old one. 120 to top up or 77 to get a new one with 12GB on it.