5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!
Published on 26 Dec 2011 by P. M. Hawkes

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT breathable or showerproof
I like RONHILL gear usually but this is rubbish.I just did 40 min jog in drizzle.After 5 minutes I thought it was cold and leaking.When I got home my shirt was wet through.Will be returning for refund.I was in aldi and saw a cycling top (very cheap)that looked and felt very similar without the same labels
UPDATE
Got a full refund within 2 weeks despite having...
Published 21 months ago by dennis

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 26 Dec 2011
P. M. Hawkes (UK) - See all my reviews
I've been out running in this jacket three times now, in rain, very strong winds and a cold early morning. The jacket is very lightweight, it doesn't make you sweat any more than usual but it most definitely helps to keep the cold wind and rain from the body. It is very comfortable, you don't feel restricted while running, it has an adjustable hem with toggles so is suitable for all heights, I'm 5' 7" and have the medium size. It washes very well too, on 30c I've had no problems, tumble drying is also fine. This is my first Ronhill product but certainly not my last. I bought this direct from Amazon, delivery and packaging was first class as always.

5.0 out of 5 stars Valuable in horrible weather, 23 Dec 2011
The key feature of this jacket is wind resistance. It is light weight and (after one run) seems very effective. The weather today was variable, with some strong wind and some heavy showers, and the jacket made the run much more comfortable. I would still have enjoyed the run without the jacket, but not as much. The water resistance probably mattered less today as the layers under the jacket were saturated with sweat, though keeping rain away from the torso means keeping heat loss down.

There is a parallel between this type of jacket and running gloves. I ran for many years without gloves, buying a pair only last year: they make going out in cold weather much easier, and I wish I had bought some earlier.

I feel this jacket will pay for itself this winter because it will make me more willing to go out in the wind and rain: I wish I had bought one years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good jacket, 27 Jan 2012
Good jacket, good value, yellow - good colour. Great protection from the wind and rain. Haven't tested it in a downpour yet (I'd rather stay in bed)

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain, 23 Nov 2013
A must-have for a winter runner. It fits very well (I'm 1,71cm and I got a Small) and it's very light. It has a helpful small pocket on one side (I keep my travelcard and my keys in it).

I've used it in very windy condition and it definitely saved my day. It works well with light rain too, I still haven't tried it with heavy rain tho.

I'd definitely buy it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars great jacket, 1 Nov 2013
Very happy with this jacket. Nice and lightweight and comfortable to wear. Good sizing too.Lovely sale and fit, would buy again

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket, 28 Jan 2013
Bought as a xmas present for my partner who was very impressed with how lightweight it is. The fit & quality is excellent too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Dec 2012
Just what is needed for running in colder weather. Light and comfortable to wear. Would recommend to other jiggers and runners. Light, highly visible and effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars keeps the worst of the weather off, 3 Jun 2012
I've worn this a couple of times when running in wind and rain, keeps the worst of the weather off and is comfortable to run in. Jacket is lightweight and packs down small, it only has one small pocket - you can put your keys in it but not much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent running jacket, 14 Dec 2011
I am very satisfied with this jacket. It is very light, packable and breathable while having good wind protection. I really like the material it's been made of, because it has a nice feeling and it's not noisy, like other wind protection jackets. I haven't tested yet its water repellent treatment. It has a useful pocket, although it could be a little bigger. I have ordered the medium size and I'm about 1.75m. The size is almost perfect, but it seems a bit log on the back. Of course, the hem is adjustable so this isn't a concern for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lightweight water-resistant jacket, 23 Nov 2012
This is the perfect lightweight running and sportswear jacket which folds up to fit into the smallest space within my drawers. The zip pocket on the side fits my iphone perfectly and the toggles on the elasticated waist will bring the waist so the contents of the pocket don't bounce around whilst I'm running.