4.0 out of 5 stars "Belador Code" series book 3
Published 13 months ago by Book Addict

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good.
I love ALL Kenyon's novels. I've read every single thing she has published, and it's pained me to say the following..

Published 23 months ago by Vicky

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good., 27 Sep 2012
Vicky (Castleford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Curse: Belador Code Series: Book Three (Kindle Edition)

This started out as a great addition to the Beladors. BUT, I didn't feel like it accomplished much to advance the overarching storyline. Action was great and the characters are well developed. I get the concept of a continuing story, but I guess I want some closure. This book did not provide that. If anything it left MORE questions. Overall, I guess to me, this series just isn't that great. It seems to be dragging out for too long.
I will continue reading this series if/when there is more, but I wouldnt really be in a rush to sit down and complete it.

I personally think Sherrilyn Kenyon is taking too much on at one time. Having numerous books being released in the same year, publishing deadlines etc. The last few books written BY her or WITH her just seem to be the case of "we have to have this done in a month, lets quickly throw some junk together and hope people spend money on it"

This series had such potential aswell.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Belador Code" series book 3, 28 July 2013
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Following the events in book 2 "Alterant", Evalle Kincaid's brief reprieve from imprisonment or death is coming to an end. She hasn't rounded up any more Alterants to pay fealty to Macha, and the Goddess is somewhat put out and quick to inform Evalle that she'll withdraw her protection and acknowledgement that Alterants are a species if Evalle doesn't keep her part of the bargain.

There is still plenty of action, plus some exciting new characters are introduced. Familiar faces are not forgotten though. Evalle is suddenly juggling 2 charismatic men who are interested in her; shape shifting shaman Storm and the leader of secret ops team Isak; who could kill her in a heartbeat if he discovered she wasn't human. Yet other couples are also explored further; the somewhat twisted relationships between Quinn and Kizira and Tzader and Brina are also examined, and I liked the ambiguity that surrounded some of their motives and actions.

The pace is as fast as I would expect in this series, as Evalle stumbles into one fight after another, and proves that things may get messy, but she can still take out a demon troll. The romance also continues at a sedate pace between Storm and Evalle; yet throw Isak into the mix and Storm may face some serious competition, despite Evalle's growing acknowledgement of her feelings for him. The story line continues to intrigue, as does the prophecy that is unfolding, plus the Alterants; particularly Evalle, clearly have a special role to play in a forthcoming war. Let's hope more is revealed in book 4 "Rise of the Gryphon".

Lastly there is a little bonus for fans of this series. Short story "Fire Bound" details the night Evalle finds and rescues Feenix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, 8 Jun 2014
I really enjoyed this book. I love the way you are drawn into the characters. I just could not the book down, and didn't get much sleep, even had to fight the urge to read more when I woke in the night!

5.0 out of 5 stars Belador code number 3 in the series, 4 Dec 2013
The third book in the series follows on from the other two books telling the story of the Belador race and their struggle to protect the human race against evil minions who would hurt and kill us if they could.the book arrived on time and so I would recommend the seller. Good book for anyone who likes a good tale.

5.0 out of 5 stars the curse, 9 Oct 2013
loved it brill read great story and fab characters could not put it down cant wait for the next instalment

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Aug 2013
Again very good, I loved the characters, u can almost see them when reading and relate to them. I would love to be able to go there!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, don't rate this one, 29 July 2013
This book started well; I wouldn't have bought it if the preview hadn't worked. To be fair I also had confidence in Sherrilyn's work- since discovering her books I haven't found one that wasn't completely compelling.

This one seemed to have all the ingredients at the start but never quite took off.
Sometimes that happens in a book and you just have to keep hold of all the threads until you see where it was all going. Not so much this one unfortunately.

The crunch for me came when some druid character started to mumble and think to himself in what I assume was someone's idea of Druidic/Celtic speaker dialect. It was awful. I soldiered on but had to put the book down in the end,the overdone accent attempt was THAT painful.

Look, if you are going to try to express a dialect at least put a little bit of research work into it and, if you don't, just keep it minimal so it isn't too annoying. This guy apparently even thinks, and actually acts, with a dialect that is so wrong it takes over the story. Started off a little bit bad.. liftin' his head......runnin' over the wall. Lots of 'ya's. It got a lot worse. Authors often get attempts to express a dialect a bit wrong, also misquote foreign languages, but you can live with it in a well written book. Usually you just read quickly and gloss over the bad bits. This little piece of prose was unfortunately truly dreadful... and it went on and on. The plot wasn't truly working anyway so, for the first time ever I put a Sherrilyn book down unread after starting to get into the story.

Don't want to be unkind, but if you are putting all that work into writing what had the makings of being a good book, spare a little time for some research before building a whole chapter around a character's accent. Also advisable to keep an 'accent' to actual speech, not actions.

Went back to skim over the rest, to see what happened, only then noticed it was co-written. Sometimes works, sometimes not. In this case, for me, sorry, not. The rest of the book didn't come together well enough to draw me in, either to it or the rest of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 17 Feb 2013
The story is full of good versus bad, with lots of action going on and underlying romantic tension beneath the surface for Evalle & Storm, with the added side line of Isak. Evalle is still trying to fight her case against the tribunal to save from being locked up, with the help of her friends. There is lots going on which keeps the interest there. Can't wait for the next instalment to see what happens next to all the parties involved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 16 Jan 2013
I love all of sherrilyn`s books this is a great new series of books to add to the others can't wait for the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars first beladorcode book, 14 Dec 2012
this book was super i loved it the story was great making you want more an excellent read i can really reccomend it