Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£17.50

on 27 August 2014
Nicely balanced book with practical advice coupled with many real life examples.
on 14 August 2010
An infomative and amusing read, Rachel really knows what she's talking about and will save me all the pain and misery of making unnecessary mistakes. Exactly what I needed.
on 22 February 2011
Really enjoyed the book. Once I read the first few pages I couldnt put it down. One of the better books in this genre.
on 5 December 2015
Well I'm not a millionaire yet.
on 26 November 2010
Fairly low grade practical advice.

I dowloaded a sample chapter of this book before I bought it and that was admittedly rather good and inspiring. However, most of the rest of the book is padded out with anecdotes and fairly obvious advice e.g. the name of your business should grab people, you need lots of enthusiasm etc. which I would have thought most people had the common sense to know already.
on 31 August 2014
It's okay. I know there can't be a prescriptive book for each individual, but the stories are uplifting. It is well written, but I just wasn't inspired...but that could just be me. It may not be that way for you, so it's probably worth a read.
on 20 July 2013
Contains a lot of useful advice - if you want to start a business, you'll need to know finance, tax, marketing etc. Well this book covers everything else.
on 5 March 2013
I was recommended this book by a friend before setting up a company and it has been invaluable. Lots of great practical advice which I really don't know where I would have got otherwise. Having a great idea is one thing, but I really needed my eyes opening fully to the business side of things which are of course equally important for success. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this book.
This time next year.........
on 15 July 2014
Good advice, but be prepared for a long haul if you want to follow the advice.
It's based around starting a business with the intention of selling it when it's big.
on 3 February 2011
Don't waste your money, this is a rehash of material from previous books, mainly in the form of anecdotes, and which overstates the obvious throughout. The only businesses deemed worthy of attention are retail/service based, and innovation/inventiveness is discouraged.

Buy the FT Guide, Business Start Up 2011, a much better book to work with.