5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket
Published 14 months ago by Michael D

2.0 out of 5 stars First one wasn't well made.
Published 1 month ago by Dr K James

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket, 4 Oct 2013
This review is from: US Navy Wool Pea Coat (Apparel)
This is an excellent pea cost for the money. Well constructed, well finished with a heavy durable wool mix material that should stand the test of time. It also has an excellent cut and shape which manages to look rugged and stylish at the same time The heavy duty outer and quilted liner means that it is more than sufficient to cope with the worst of a British winter. I very much agree with some of the other reviewers and based on my own experience that it is as good or better as jackets costing twice as much. It may not be the very best on the market but it probably is the best quality for the relatively modest price. You will have to spend more than 3 or 4 times as much to get anything better.

My only very slight grip is that the quality of the buttons could be improved but that said they are still more than satisfactory. All in all an excellent product at an excellent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Pea Coat, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: US Navy Wool Pea Coat (Apparel)
Really pleased with this pilot jacket.

Pilot jackets (pea coat) were orignally design for the royal navy at the turn of the 20th century for pilots, who needed to jump from ship to boat and back with out hinderance and also protect them from foul weather with a tall collar and hand warmer pockets.

Well, this does all of that really well. Good quality fabric well made, 2 inside pockets with tall collar and proper double breated front. This version is (modelled on) the USN issue and the label indicates that its ready for issue to enlisted men. I don't know how true that is but I'm really pleased with mine - really warm too.

5.0 out of 5 stars great coat, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: US Navy Wool Pea Coat (Apparel)
really good value and well made smart coat, a little of a military look without being too severe or utilitarian...I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unquestionable Quality, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: US Navy Wool Pea Coat (Apparel)
Was delivered earlier than expected - stitching was great quality, and I've never been so warm in a coat before. Full recommendation to anybody who's got to brace a storm or snow.

2.0 out of 5 stars First one wasn't well made., 29 Oct 2014
This review is from: US Navy Wool Pea Coat (Apparel)
The fit was just right (size L and I'm a 43 inch chest). Fabric warm and fairly heavy, but quite felt-like. Not as dense or smooth as some similar, albeit much more expensive, coats I have seen in the shops. I would tend to disagree with some other reviewers who say the quality is as good as coats costing 2 or 3 times as much - I think the quality actually reflects the price, although if you can get one without defects (which I didn't) it is not bad value.

In my case the cut was mostly good, but there were two defects:

1. Several of the buttons were not level with each other or with the button holes.
2. There was excess fabric over the right shoulder, which tended to bunch up and look unsightly when worn.

Because of the defects, I returned the coat for a refund, but I will reorder because I like the style of the coat.

I did reorder, but that coat suffered the same issue with misaligned buttons. It also shed black dye over anything that the fabric touched (hands, shirt collar etc.). The supplier was helpful and appeared to feel that it was an isolated issue - perhaps a bad batch from their supplier; and in view of the good reviews by others here, that seems plausible. I returned the replacement coat, and the supplier refunded the purchase price plus both lots of return postage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Pea Coat, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: US Navy Wool Pea Coat (Apparel)
The order was delivered fast sooner then expected. When I tried the coat on it fit perfect. Very well made and designed. A pea coat as nice as this one would cost a lot more on the high street. Highly recommend this coat 5 stars I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Coat, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: US Navy Wool Pea Coat (Apparel)
This is a really well made coat and the fit is perfect. I intend to purchase another one of these coats in due course

5.0 out of 5 stars Its good., 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: US Navy Wool Pea Coat (Apparel)
I was a bit dubious, buying a coat on-line, but it's worked out great. Fits well ,looks good, and is comfortable and warm.
All in all a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coat, fantastic value for money!, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: US Navy Wool Pea Coat (Apparel)
I went to a show a few weeks ago and saw some reefer jackets that very nearly tempted me to buy. Fortunately I kept my wallet in my pocket and saw this peacoat on Amazon.

I was a little wary about buying a coat online but the sizing turned out perfect, it is a great fit and the material is excellent quality. It is a third of the price of the reefer jacket I was looking at so I'm really pleased that I looked online before buying!

4.0 out of 5 stars a, 12 Jan 2014
P. GILLON "Gingergill" (Newport South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: US Navy Wool Pea Coat (Apparel)
Nice stylish coat very satisfied with fit and will give a positive recommendation to anyone who asks both of the Seller and the Item

US Navy Wool Pea Coat