4.0 out of 5 stars NOT IN MOM'S KITCHEN!
The movie cycles back and forth between a home movie video that displays the time and date and a bad hand held camera that doesn't. Tim (Johnny Lewis) and Molly (Gretchen Lodge) get married in 2010 according to the camera, but don't move into her parent's home until a year later in 2011. We know that her parents, Ben and Tammy are deceased...in heaven watching the...
Published 14 months ago by The Movie Guy

1.0 out of 5 stars Count the cliches
YAWN YAWN!! here we go again.I nearly switched this off in the first few minutes,as it starts as a "found footage" film,suprise,like the "Blair Witch".The one saving grace with this is it's never quite clear wether it is a haunting,or all in Mollys head.This treads on a very very well worn path & has many of the cliches found on it..
The plot is...
Published 1 month ago by SCREEN77

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected, a very good film, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Lovely Molly [DVD] (DVD)
A surprisingly good film from the writer and director of The Blair Witch Project. The firm works so well because some of the film is cut from video footage (with Rec on the screen so the audience knows) and the rest of the film looks like it was recorded with similar equipment. Because of this the film looks consistent and realistic. Molly has an eventful past and is married to a truck driver who is often away from home which happens to be Molly's old family home. It starts with a break-in and you suspect it will turn into familiar house invasion territory. It then has a supernatural feel. We see the deterioration of Molly as she starts using, hears voices, gets drunk and flirts with a preacher eventually turning into a woman who looks possessed. There are some nice twists and the film turns itself on it's head at the end to look at the morality of some of the characters. The gore scenes near the end are realistic and it has an horrifying ending. Everything that these kind of films usually get wrong Lovely Molly gets right. Very good use of sound and editing and amazing acting from Gretchen Lodge who deservedly won the Best Actress Fright-Meter for her performance of Molly makes this a must see film.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Creepy little gem., 1 Aug 2013
Mr. N. J. Bevis "BEV_RED_HOT_B" (Suffolk , Eng) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lovely Molly [DVD] (DVD)
Purchased on Amazon for about 2.50p, this is the gem of the year in my eyes. The performances were excellent as was the filming and sound. It quick to start and then stayed at the same pace through out ( a little slow ), however, it kept me on the edge of my seat and I didn't go to the kitchen to get any nuts which is always the sign of a good film. I found it really creepy and the light into darkness shots were superb. It a corker..

3.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric mood and committed performances from the two leads, 27 Oct 2012
S. Haddow - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Lovely Molly [DVD] (DVD)
An atmospheric mood and committed performances from the two leads playing the newlyweds elevate this chiller beyond what could otherwise have been a fairly routine is she / isn't she possessed movie. Lovely Molly is not an easy watch dealing with some dark subject matter, and at times is quite unpleasant. It's careful not to overplay the supernatural card - although I think it does fall on one side of the fence overall, the portrait of Molly's mental decline is what drives the narrative. The brooding atmosphere is well set up, helped in no small part by an eclectic soundtrack by Tortoise. It would be a hard film to say I enjoyed though - SPOILER follows now: I come to a horror movie with a set of fairly low brow expectations, and the degree to which Lovely Molly becomes a painful tragedy took me by surprise. However it held me all the way through and I think it's a successful piece of film making. One criticism which again is a SPOILER: The reveal at the end was extremely low budget - as they'd decided to show the entity, they should have spent some budget to sell it to the audience better. It looked like a naked dude wearing a paper machier mask with red bulbs for eyes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: Lovely Molly [DVD] (DVD)
Watched a trailer of this film and it looked really good so I bought it - please don't make the same mistake what a load of rubbish

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs Up, 7 Aug 2014
This review is from: Lovely Molly [DVD] (DVD)
Wierd and disturbing movie but loved it! If you like Horrors one for the collection.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dog Sh t Equivalent, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: Lovely Molly [DVD] (DVD)
Welcome to the filmic equivalent of treading in dog sh t. One star for the acting, which was alright but must be shared with the hilarious beast of the piece which, for me, was the real star of the show. Other than that, a tedious, uninspired affair; I wish I hadn't.

3.0 out of 5 stars sad Molly, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Lovely Molly [DVD] (DVD)
We spent a little time watching this last night.Unsure of what we would see,we kept an open mind.Surprisingly .it was ok[and the chap i watched it with,is VERY difficult to please with Horror dvds]The story of a married couple,living in their deceased folks house.It did become apparent to us,fairly early on what the problem had been with an adult in her earlier life-----however,the story builds quite nicely,if a little slow ,at times.Molly becomes increasingly strange in her overall behaviour---why??Has she returned to her drug addicton?I s she just lonely whilst her husband is away,working??---or is something more sinister happening?You are very much left wondering BUT only for a while.The story has a gory outcome, but the last scene with Molly,we have to say,could have been a little more shocking.That said,all in all,it is a dvd worth watching.

1.0 out of 5 stars Some Imagination Required, 19 April 2014
Okay so I will admit it: I had a minor geek out when I was the trailer to this film along the tune of : THIS LOOKS SO AWWESSOOMME.

And I am afraid to say I was pretty disappointed. The ghostly villain of the piece switches between the apparition of her (pretty damn scary) abusive father and some sort of half hearted sexual deviant demon.

Not one I would recommend. If you are this bored I would still keep browsing.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok film not the best not the worse, 30 Mar 2014
I love my horrors but found it hard to find this scary it should be declassed as a horror what happened to the good old scares

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but doesn't quite get there, 8 Jan 2013
Wayne Gobert (Hornsby Heights, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lovely Molly [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This film has it's moments and certainly keeps the viewer on the edge in terms of - what next? However the plot is confusing and the viewer left truly wondering about where the film was going. Is this about child molestation and incest or demonic forces? The ending is very flat and obscure.

Lovely Molly [Blu-ray]
Lovely Molly [Blu-ray] by Eduardo Sanchez (Blu-ray - 2012)
7.44