5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12 (PC)
I have been using Sony Vegas movie studio versions 6, 11 and now 12 for a number of years. This is a real upgrade from version 11. It is now a true 64 bit package for 64 bit Windows 7 operating system. The bundle is excellent and the features although not enhanced a terrific amount in the basic package from version 11, really does give excellent value for money. Where the...
Published on 31 Dec. 2012 by M. Fowler

3.0 out of 5 stars Installation is a bit tedious with all the license key entries and updates that ...
Installation is a bit tedious with all the license key entries and updates that occur but it all went according to plan. No blue screens, no whimpering drivers. Installed this onto Win7 Home premium. 32bit OS 8gb Ram ddr3 / CPU amd Fx 6300 3.5ghz / graphics amd radeon HD 8450 2gb memory / 1Tb Hdd. So far had no crashes / stuttering / video preview blackouts or sound...
Published 3 months ago by DaveB

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of software, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I have never used editing software before, but this was recommended by multiple people so I thought I would try. My main reason for getting this product was to edit game play I had recorded. So things like cutting out boring parts, putting clips together and just making the clips look more vibrant. It will also come in handy for some ideas I have. At the very least, it can be used to drastically reduce the file size while keeping the quality. Don't ask me how it does this, but I'm not complaining.

Just a few downsides. It took me a while to figure out how to do things with this, but that may have been to me never done any editing before rather than the software. This software also does not like you importing M2TS files. The video gets imported fine, but there is no audio. There are probably ways around this, but I wasn't prepared to take the time to figure it out. MP4s work no problem on this so I just stick with that.

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading picture - OEM version only, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
The product picture for this item is misleading, I expected the full retail box version as shown, with accompanying documentation and instructions. Instead its just the OEM disk in a cardboard CD slip case, with no documentation at all except the product key on a slip of paper. Disappointing and misleading, no wonder its cheap, but it should be explained clearly why its cheap (OEM version) before purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Movie Studio HD 12, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I wonder if fellow readers agree with me here, where big manufacturers like Adobe and others produce a good range of software products for DTP, Audio and photography, except that one of the software programs fails to completely deliver.
Before I purchase any software I try to research the product and its competitors for all things good and bad.

For a few years I bought and used some of the Serif range of software used for desk top publishing, Photography and finally their Movie Plus X6 for video. I spent over £100 for Serifs Movie Plus X6 plus a couple of detailed books on how to use the software. The problem however was that it lacked certain tools in the editing department, in particular with colour correction and lighting. Results from a 2 year old camcorder revealed a nasty purple colour in most short films I made, where black and mid tone clothes would show shades of violet to purple. No matter what Serif X6 editing tool I use to try restore colour balance, nothing improved and the manuals offered no help. After sending some attached examples to Serifs technical department, who didn't even reply I telephoned their tech dept, who told me what I already tried and knew. After their tech staff reviewed my video on AVS, Realplayer and Mediaplayer they all showed the same purple colour. I was really hoping for a solution to try rectify the colour defect but got the impression that Serif technical staff hardly know themselves how to fix the problem.

I decided to research and buy Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 (64 bit) after reading many Amazon reviews because I felt let down by Serifs expensive yet limited video production software. I did pay the full £62 price for Sony Movie Studio HD Platinum Suite (the same price as Serif X6) but now know I made the right choice of purchase.
I am still quite new to Sony Movie Studio 12 but am very impressed from its massive array of editing tools and preview screen that shows the adjustments as I try them out. Miles better than Serifs video editing software. My only gripe is that the software didn't come with a basic manual but it does have many 'show me, tell me' tutorials. You tube is another excellent resource of learning from other users of this fantastic video editing software and no doubt given time I will be able to navigate, use and edit with ease home made videos. I did manage to tweak my videos with poor purple lens flare using the 'Magic Bullet' feature and although not 100% percent accurate restored black colour, is a vast improvement. I rate version 12 a top five marks.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot to learn...but impressive, 9 July 2014
Andy Craven - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I've recently purchased a Polaroid XS100 action camera, as well as a Sony DSC-HX300 bridge camera. I've been getting some great videos and pictures, but really wanted a way to join some of them together and make my own movies, either for upload to YouTube or to burn to blu-ray for friends and family. I was using Windows Movie Maker, but it's very limited in what you can do, although is very easy to use. I spent quite a while researching video editing software and eventually opted for this based on the user reviews here on Amazon primarily. I've never used video editing software before, so a lot of the technical detail was way over my head...just thought I'd give it a try. So, I'm not technical by any means and a complete novice to this stuff.

Installation was simple, slot the disc in, enter the licence key and you're up and running (I'm on Windows 8 and had no problems here). Then comes the hard bit, figuring out what everything does! There's a really helpful 'show me' feature on the software itself, that can be used as you go along. That said, I spent quite a while on YouTube watching video tutorials. The Sony creative website also has tutorials and is worth checking out. I picked up some general tips from the tutorials and just got straight into it. Based on my (fairly) limited use, a simple edit is actually very straightforward really. Create a new project, select the video(s) you want from the one(s) in your library and then add to the video timeline. This automatically places the audio from the video in the timeline (which is beneath the video timeline) and away you go. So far, I've been able to trim start and end points, split a video (for footage I don't want in the final edit) and attach it back to the main footage. Of course, there's a lot more to it than just that such as whether you want to match the output to the original video source, automatically join videos together etc. but I found this through the video tutorials.

The most daunting thing initially are the sheer amount of features available to you, including titles, colour correction, audio correction and pan/zoom to name but a few. I'd recommend checking out some tutorials to understand the basics, but after that just get involved! If you make a hash of it, you make a hash of it. You can either undo the changes you've made if you do go wrong, or just start again if it's really terrible! There's a preview window that again, with a bit of help from tutorials will make a big difference to how you begin, continue and then complete the editing process. It's probably taken me a few hours of tutorials to get the basics and a similar amount of time to actually get my head around how these operate in practice. There's a LOT more to learn with this software, but don't be put off by this. It's very impressive and I'd say if I can get a grasp of it, most people should be able to as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars A big step up from windows movie maker, 12 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I got this to build up from windows movie maker. So far it has done everything I've needed it too.
Still learning the basics at the moment, but there's a wealth of knowledge on youtube to help you out.
For the price and quality of the program, I'd say for the hobbyist this is a good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this ;), 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Just as good as Sony Vegas but for a ridiculous price.
Must have if your heavily into the editing side for audio and video.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
It is perfect! What else can I say? Very easy to use once you know two or three useful tips (keyboard shortcuts for instance). Works very well on a very good computer. No need to get Vegas for 400€ or more, when you can get Movie Studio for less than 50€.
Thank you Sony!

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't load in, and lack of any aftersales service, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Another buyer on this is right in that all you receive is a CD in a box that in truth could have been sent in a tiny envelope, so talk about save the planet. The professional write up for this product is great, but when I went to load the CD disc into my brand new windows 8 computer absolutely nothing happened. Repeated tries also failed. You may think as I couldn't test the product, this review is worthless but read on if you're interested in Sony's after sales service; The only other thing in with the CD was Sony's contact details worldwide. For most countries there is full contact details if you have any problems, but not for here in the UK. The after sales service here in the UK amounted to them informing me that I had to join their aftersales club (over a hundred pounds to join) before I could simply ask them a question as to why their useless product didn't work. So for after sales service here in the UK I'd score Sony 0/5 and I'd give them a minus if there was one. Amazon though, give them credit, did a great job transporting this product the length of the country in only a day, so 5/5 for them. I now have Corel editing software that loaded exactly the same way into my new computer only that worked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy!, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this mainly for the audio feature as I'm editing a lot of everyday sounds for a project. I give this product top rating because of the ability it gives you to manipulate and improve any kind of recording to suit your needs. Excellent piece.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
All the extra's are great, but in the first place you have to be able to load the avi's. But it doesn't know how to handle simple codecs while the free MovieMaker can. How bad can you be. This is a paying product. There are a lot of complaints about this and still they don't know how to update the product to make it better.

So now I have to load my avi's with MovieMaker or FormatFactory, render them and then open them in Sony Movie Studio. That's some crazy stuff.

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC)
Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC) by Sony Creative Software (Windows 7 / Vista)