4.0 out of 5 stars French-English bilingual dictionary
Very practical to carry around or to have beside you when reading. The screen is not very clear in sunlight. It would be even better if it contained more colloquial words and phrases.
When I'm reading French novels I often come accross words that are not in the dictionary
Published 23 months ago by julibuy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, sturdy little machine BUT............
I bought this as a present for my wife to replace a very old translator with a single line reading panel. We live in France and I bought it through Amazon France. It has some great reviews on Amazon,Fr. and seemed ideal for her.
Published 17 months ago by Graydale

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, sturdy little machine BUT............, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Franklin BFQ-575 Larousse French-English Bilingual Dictionary (Office Product)
However, the problem from an English user's point of view is that, whilst it's a great little machine, the Thesaurus only applies to the English words, which isn't at all of any use to her. It doesn't have a Thesaurus for the French words, which is what she needs.
I suppose the giveaway was the French keyboard configuration. I'm therefore rather disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Franklyn BFQ-575 Larousse French-English Bilingual Dictionary, 23 Jun. 2013
Buttons difficult to press, vocabulary is too limited for my needs, often does not work, requiring the batteries to be taken out and put back. In short, a big disappointment.

4.0 out of 5 stars French-English bilingual dictionary, 12 July 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Sadly lacking, 4 May 2015
Considering the price, it's pretty hopeless. Many everyday words are missing and it's very slow to search and scroll down the pages (which is usually necessary as only 3 lines are presented per page). Notice it's a French-English dictionary and my theory is that's it compiled from a French person's point of view, so entering English words is much less likely to find a match than entering a French word. I don't understand how an electronic databank can be so lacking in data.

It contains crazy information, like what a word doesn't mean (d'uh) and there are several word games that are variations of the same thing. Hangman seems to pick a word at random, so proper nouns are sometimes presented. There are bugs in the dictionary part, eg. entering the English word 'book' results in a page (about the 7th page down) being mis-rendered. I've also had it lock up.

I paid a bit more because reviews of cheaper translators said they had a limited vocabulary, so I'm really disappointed that this seems no better.

The gimmicky style making it look like a book just makes it unnecessarily thick and too big for my bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars There are times when it doesn't recognise the word I've ..., 26 Aug. 2014
Mrs. V. E. Sutton (UK) - See all my reviews
There are times when it doesn't recognise the word I've typed and offers another one, but that is more than off-set by the speed with which it works normally. It's also unobtrusive, I can do my translation with people around me, and they hardly notice. I'd give it four and a half stars if I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy French Translation, 11 Jun. 2013
A Brilliant device, really easy to use and understand, easy to carry around and much more discreet than a dictionary in France. Highly recommended

2.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, within the first day words were not in ..., 13 Jan. 2015
very disappointed, within the first day words were not in the french dictionary. The buttons are difficult, you have to place it on a hard surface to get a reliable contact. Surely with a hand held dictionary one would want to use it in the hand. Themthesauras is only for english words. had I know it was so poor i would not have bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bilingual Dictionary, 8 Mar. 2014
This is a very good aid to my French study. Very useful when travelling abroad. Slips into a pocket or bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Franklin English French translator, 4 Jan. 2015
Light and quick to produce a translation. Not very forgiving if you get the spelling wrong. On balance very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very useful piece of kit, 17 April 2015
A very useful piece of kit. I'm very happy with this product. hammi.