1,035 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars great av software
Published 21 months ago by M. Chrobot

3.0 out of 5 stars Buying obligation
Absurd that I have to buy a new one after a year has past, I understand you don't get updates, but that the entire product stops working.... Frustrating
Published 19 months ago by AMG

5.0 out of 5 stars great av software, 23 Nov 2012
M. Chrobot "M. Chrobot" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Norton Internet Security 2013 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I've been using norton for the past 3 years, it has improved a lot since I last used it back in the days. It runs great on a modern pc, it doesn't seem to slow my pc down at all. It runs scans when your pc is idle and the scans stop as soon as you start working thus doesn't slow your pc down while you work (not that I can say it slows my PC down even when I manually run a full scan)

Great price, for a great product which offers 1st class protection

BUT do NOT renew your license! It costs a lot more than buying a new box with a new key!

Also, remember that you're paying for the license, not the software itself.
The disadvantage of this is that if your license expires, you will not receive any updates and the software will stop working, so don't leave it to the last minute.
The advantage is, that if you buy the software now and then NIS 2014 comes out next year; you can upgrade for FREE as long as your license is still valid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value Norton Internet Security, 27 Nov 2012
My Norton disc arrived after a couple of days. It was easy to install and it guided me through uninstalling McAfee which I previously used on my computers. I installed on a Laptop, Desktop and Notebook in a couple of hours. (Running a full scan afterwards took up to 3 hours each, a Quick scan is just a few minutes). My Notebook does not have a CD/DVD fortunately the instructions gave a web address to download from which is very helpful.
I used to have Norton years ago and I found it clunky and intrusive. This newer version has a much lighter touch and is a big improvement. I only needed to register my first device, Norton Account Management allowed me to download to 2 other machines without intruding. Norton Internet Security is well reviewed and rated better than most other AV products.
Recommended
After 12 months I went on line and renewed my licence which all went smoothly and I got a 50% discount making it good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star protection but make sure you get the best deal, 12 Oct 2012
OMG! It's got a plug! - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Although still bloated and resource hungry software, Norton is easy to install and will run unobtrusively in the background on any modern PC or laptop given the processing power and memory they now possess. It's easily the best commercial AV available and provides first class protection but beware of auto-renewing your subscription online when it expires - you could be charged well in excess of the cost of buying a new disc copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bundle and price - and no viruses for me!, 21 July 2013
People always moan about this or that antivirus package causing issues with their PC's. I've used Norton products for as long as I've had an internet connected PC (90's onwards) and have never had any virus problems or PC issues. On our current systems (Windows 7, Intel Quad Core PC & laptop) I really don't notice any performance impact.

I am an expert/advanced user with a background in IT and programming so do have an understanding of how these packages operate. However I don't want to have to use my free time to fix PC's or manually dig viruses out of them (you get less inclined to be bothered with all this as you get older having done it for work, friends or family so many times ;-) so buying a proper internet security package for 20 a year really is well worth the money to me.

The monthly reports let you know about the stuff its 'caught' (usually via an old email address that is being spammed) all of which is handled silently in the background. This Internet Security package covers my main PC, my wife's laptop and an older Windows XP PC I keep up and running for TV catch up use in the front room.

I find the best thing to do when your yearly subscription runs out is just go right back to Amazon and buy the newest package that Norton offer (+1 year on the product name usually) as that's always cheaper than extending the licenses directly with Symantec.

Does the job, no hassle. Definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Norton Internet Security 2013 3 x PCS - cheaper than Subsciption, 28 Dec 2013
Little Bren (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
Since being ripped-off by Norton subscription service years ago, I now always buy a fresh version, on CD, every 12 months. The subscription 'renewals' for UK are via Eire (Ireland) & have Irish VAT which is more than UK, but they only tell you this at the end, so buying a brand-new CD every year is better value, & good sense.
Before loading the new CD, you need to disconnect from the Internet, & remove (uninstall) any previous versions of Norton, then reboot your machine. Load the new CD, & connect to the Internet to get your updates. All very simple. This is a good product, which I've used for years.

1.0 out of 5 stars Noton antivirus, 19 Aug 2013
This was rubbish - it corrupted my computer and I had major problems to fix it after installing this antivirus - what a waste of money. I have now downloaded a free one off the Internet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total failure, 15 Aug 2013
I don't know why but the product totally failed to work on my laptop. Had to find an alternative which I was unhappy about.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buying obligation, 14 Jan 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars NORTON ATE MY LAPTOP!, 17 Nov 2012
Have just tried to install Norton Internet Security 2013 on my laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. Restarted laptop to complete instillation as prompted by Norton. I now find that the only program that functions on my laptop is Internet Explorer. When I click on any other program short cut, from I tunes to Windows Office, I am informed that the shortcut in question refers to a program that has been changed or moved. Have just browsed the Norton website to find that I am not alone and many other people have had exactly the same experience.
In conclusion, Norton has been a total disaster for me and has left me with a big head ache that will inevitably take ages to fix. I would be stupid to ever trust a Norton product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good product for the general user but not without a few potential issues, 31 July 2014
I purchased this for my partner because she is used to dealing with Norton products on her Dell/Visa laptop. This is a 3-PC license, so a copy has also gone onto my spare Windows XP computer. (In case you are wondering what I use on my main computers: I research and use the best performing and cost-effective IS/AV product every year - it's a bit of a pain doing complete removals of some products in order to install one from a different manufacturer, but with my IT experience, that's no problem for me on my main computers. So, some years I do install a Norton/Symantec product.)

I have mixed feelings about Norton products as some version/years the product has been a performance dog and slowed down my aging XP machines. However, when it is getting the top rating in PC Pro tests, I think that it is possibly one of the best choices for a 'non-technical' person's computer, especially if you are versed in the installation, upgrading and setting up of the product.

As many have already stated: don't renew on-line with Norton, it is ridiculously expensive! Instead, save a lot of money and get a new copy every year: and do remember to remove the old version before trying to install the new copy. (If needed, Symantec have a free tool that you can download to completely remove all traces of an older version.)

Apart from performance issues, my other major gripe with this product is that it interferes with outgoing MS Office Outlook email, and usually needs to be stopped from scanning outgoing email. It's a problem frequently well reported on the Symantec Forum - and one that, amazingly, never seems to get fixed by Symantec!

Tip 1: New versions are released every year, and since Symantec will offer a free upgrade to the latest version if it is released within 12 months of your registration, save money by purchasing the previous version and doing the free upgrade to the latest version through your Symantec Norton registration account.

Tip 2: If it's Norton that you want, do look out for special offers at W H Smith (and others) as well as Amazon sellers and make your choice on price!

Norton Internet Security 2013 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC)
Used & New from: 18.99