5.0 out of 5 stars Writing your family history
As someone relatively new to researching and writing my family history, I have found this book to be an extremely helpful and informative tool. It is an easy read and I have got it sat beside my computer to refer to when working. There is some great advice inside and I would recommend it to anyone about to undertake what at first hand appears to be an awesome task.
Published on 18 Jan 2005 by simply9

3.0 out of 5 stars Moderate
Contains nothing new. Expected to find some new ideas and locations for accessing genealogical information. Probably OK for someone starting to research their family tree.
Published 13 months ago by B. Tannatt Nash

5.0 out of 5 stars Writing your family history, 18 Jan 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best guide for the money, 15 Feb 2007
Autumnmiss "G" (somewhere over the rainbow) - See all my reviews
This is one hell of a book. It is easy to read, has some great ideas and every time I have come up with a question while reading it I have found the answer further up the book. Deborah's own family history is fascinating. I hope mine will be half as good. With his book I have a great chance of that.

If your serious about family history, Buy It NOW!

4.0 out of 5 stars Writing your family history, 4 Nov 2013
Good, but I would have liked more on storing information - not just on line but on paper. Perhaps I'm old fashioned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says!, 19 Dec 2011
A very useful and "practical" book describing ways of collating and using the information gathered during my research. Happy to recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 21 July 2014
I bought this book for my sister and she's finding it very useful. She's gathered a lot of information about various branches of our family, but didn't know how to begin putting it all together in a form that would make sense to anyone else. Following the advice and tips in this book she is now well on her way to creating an interesting and informative family history book that we can pass on to our children - and grandchildren!

5.0 out of 5 stars Family History, 27 Feb 2014
This was bought to supplement my U3A Family History Course and I have used it on odd occasions. It was recommend by the tutor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Moderate, 25 Nov 2013
B. Tannatt Nash (Hereford, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Writing your family history:A practical guide, 29 Jan 2009
I purchased this book for my Brother and Sister-in-law who are currently working on their family trees. They said it has been very useful and interesting to read.