on 30 October 2012
This book was one of my recommendations by Amazon so I took the bait. Boy am I glad I did. This is a lovely story. It is funny and actually made me laugh out loud on quite a few occasions especially the bit involving the homeless dogs housed in a spare room. I kid you not. This is just a really lovely story. There were times when I was cross with Nicholas but then he redeemed himself. Alexa is a fiesty character and quite charming. She is definitely a sharer and giver a complete opposite to Nicholas. I have now received the second book which follows 2 characters in the first book. I hope I will not be disappointed. Jennifer Probst is a new author to me and I'm not always struck with American writers but this is a great read and I look forward to reading other stuff by her. You should at the end of the book have a lovely glow about you and a smile on your face. Enjoy....
on 3 November 2012
This book is so entertaining right from the beginning where she is doing her potion to Earth Mother and the list of ingredients, the need to laugh out loud as the author tells you what the last ingredient is and then the suggestive reference as to 'size' that was my initial first laugh out loud moment and then there were loads more. But there is more to this book, it's also quite raw, I also found myself close to tears in a couple of places and especially when the talking about 'the hound' wow I felt for that poor dog. I found the characters sexy, the underlying current injected the tension and then the 'contract' kept it flowing throughout. This is a really good read, it's not erotic although very sexy, it's not soft and no substance but raunchy and a lot of depth, it's simply a jolly fine example of a good love story with two great lead characters.
on 11 July 2013
A truly entertaining story.
Alexa a single lonely lady with a sense of humour and a love for all animals is about to cast a spell for the man of her dreams and along comes Nick (not exactly who she had in mind) the man from her past. They used to play together and torment one another when they were younger. Nick's got a proposal for her. Marry him and he will help her financially because she needs a load of money to save her parents home (he doesn't know this) and he needs to get some inheritance from his uncle (which is only gonna happen if he marries). No ties emotionally just business. Yeah! That's gonna happen lol.
I laughed at some of the situations that they got themselves in. Alexa's wit was so funny and you could just picture the scenes. There was also some emotional moments that brought a lump to me throat.
All in all loved it.
The Marriage Trap book 2
on 19 December 2012
Generally speaking I really quite enjoyed this contemporary romance, I thought it was sweet and funny but it did have its down sides.

To start with I was not a fan, the first few chapters did nothing but convince me that Nick was the biggest moron on the planet and to be honest it was a pretty long road to redemption and I never really accepted him. He did get a lot better but he was a little too arrogant and bossy for my taste.

Alexa was the saving grace of the book. I really liked her; she wasn't vapid or dumb but smart and funny. She didn't look like a super model and instead had curves and is feminine. I liked that she was never dependant on Nick and she was always aware of his limitations. She was loving and kind and handled the drama with her head held high.

The romance between them sizzled and it was obvious they belonged together, she was able to put Nick in his place (which I enjoyed) whilst drive him crazy with want. I loved the banter between them and their arguments were often the funniest and most amusing parts of the book.

But I did have problems with it. The UST and `will they won't they' lasted a little too long. It was terribly predictable, by the half-way point I was pretty sure I knew what was going to happen and I was right. I didn't love the ending, it all happened too quickly and was all resolved to quickly.

Despite my issues I still enjoyed this, it was fun and a cute read that made me laugh often.
on 30 March 2013
I love this book!! It's funny, entertaining, saucy and the characters are very engaging! I laughed out loud so much, I startled my husband! A very easy read that I'd definitely revisit just to get that warm feeling I got while reading it. Really well written and I can't wait to read the other 2 books in the series. I can't recommend this book enough. I really enjoyed it and any true romantic would too. Definitely worth the money & the 5 stars!
on 10 March 2013
If you are after a shortish romantic read this is perfect. It's well-written, has easy to love characters and has laugh-out-loud funny moments balanced with those that are heartwarming. Not to forget there is some nice steamy content. The storyline was a little predictable but who cares, this is precisely the type of book I read to escape reality.

Nick and Alexa are great characters and I warmed to them straight away. She is kind, caring, feisty and can hold her own, whilst he is ever the businessman; driven, stubborn, argumentative and rich. Plus he is gorgeous and he can cook, always a winner. Their argumentative and stubborn banter brought many of the humorous moments to the book and theirs truly was a union that I was praying had a HEA.

I shall say no more other than it is definitely worth reading and I am off now to read the next book in the series.
on 19 December 2012

on 15 May 2014
I bought this book due to the countless times it was mentioned in one of my favourite authors books. Unfortunately I cant seem to get in to this book. I realise im only half way through the book but every time I pick it up there is noting keeping me with it unlike most other books I read!!! Don't get me wrong though I will be finishing this book and hopefully will become gripped and unable to put it down and if this turns out to be the case I will change my review. Unfortunately I don't see this happening
on 29 November 2012
OMG ! Loved this book - it was funny in places and made me laugh out loud but romantic and sexy too. Nick was the ultimate alpha male - didn't have some big dark secret like in some of the other books I have read just enough to explain his aversion to commitment. Alex didn't have any hangups either and was a strong and sassy character with just the right amount of innocence. I really liked the way the booked switched to telling the story from both sides (his thoughts and her thoughts) the characters were likeable and believeable. I didn't want to get to the end of this book - I felt that it could have gone on longer - I was hoping for a follow up but noted when checking that the next book the Marriage Trap is about Maggie, Alexis' friend, I haven't downloaded it yet because I can't see it being as good as this one - would really like a follow on to this one please!! The suspense was kept up all the way through with a will they wont they vibe right up to three quarters of the way through - I wanted to shout out loud "just get on with it" - but they got there in the end. A really good read - a lot of the books I have read lately have been a waste of money but this is definately a 10/10.
on 12 June 2013
I found it was an agreeable read but nothing more. If you like chick lit, you'll enjoy it but not much more. I thought it might have been too short a novel - can't tell anymore with ebooks - lacking hoops and turns in the story, very much predictable.

It would have benefited from being longer to make it more interesting and more of a struggle for the characters.