5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Fake Bake!!!
Published on 9 Aug. 2012 by Jen89

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
After 3 hours there was no change, tried again, still the same would not buy it online again.
Published 6 months ago by barbara russell

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Fake Bake!!!, 9 Aug. 2012
I've been using Fake Bake Beyond Bronze self-tanning lotion for the past month and a half and have been very pleased with the excellent results but the idea of a tan that I can put on and then wash off within 1-3 hours really appealed to me. This way there won't be a panic if I wake up and start getting ready to go somewhere and suddenly realize that my tan has started to fade.

The first impression:
Upon opening the box you will find a bottle with a cap, spray attachment (this is useful if you are taking your fake bake spray somewhere as you can put a regular cap on instead of hoping that the pump stays covered and doesn't leak tan everywhere), a pair of gloves, and a double-sided tanning mitt. The tan itself has a wonderful smell--it's like coconut tanning oil--and has none of that biscuit smell.

Using the tan:
In the interest of a fair experiment, I let my tan wear off from my beyond bronze. I exfoliated before as per usual and followed the instructions of using the mitt, which really works well and makes it easy to apply. I used it sparingly as I wanted to see what kind of results I could get without slathering up. The color guide isn't as dark initally as the regular fake bake lotion but develops over time along with the tan. After a few mins I could see it better. It goes on very smoothly and evenly, is light weight, and absorbs quickly into the skin. I wanted to be as dark as possible from the first application so I left it on for 3 hours (the box advises not going over the 3 hour mark and since I have fairly sensitive skin, I chose to obey).

The result:
I rinsed if off with plain water as per the instructions and was pleased. I have very very fair skin and I looked pretty tan. I ended up using more of the tan on my face so it's slightly darker, giving me confirmation that if I used a bit more everywhere else I would be darker. I like to be very tan so I think it will take another application--maybe two--and then I'll be at the level I like. It's the most even tan I've had so far and even my back, which I did myself, is perfectly matching in color and just as even as the rest of me. I don't think leaving it on for an hour would have been enough on my skin but if you are looking to just get rid of the 'white glare' then an hour will be enough for you. I would definately recommend this product and will buy it again. Yet another amazing product from Fake Bake!

After just over a month:
I have had this same bottle for about 5 weeks and I still have enough for about a week left. I have been able to keep and even and beautiful tan this entire time. After the first couple of weeks I discovered that if I use more tan on the initial application after exfoliation, I only need to apply once every 4 or so days instead of applying two days in a row and then waiting 4 days to re-apply. I can't stress enough how easy this product is to apply. Just spray it on the pink side of the mitt and rub all over in circular motions. On a scale of tan-ness (very fair, fair, light tan, medium tan, dark tan) my normal skin color is very fair and after one fairly liberal application and 3 hour wait, I am medium tan. The color also appears to develop further even after rinsing it off with water. Top marks in my books and I can not recommend this highly enough. I am definately ordering a new bottle once I finish this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you fake bake!, 15 Jun. 2012

The first impression:

Using the tan:

The result:

After just over a month:

5.0 out of 5 stars by far the best but pls read, 13 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Fake Bake 60 Minutes Self-Tan Liquid 236 ml (Personal Care)
Ok read some reviews and either people don't know how it works or just don't read it properly, this is not an instant tan I have used this loads of times, if you want a tan that last allvweek then this for you, its even and does not streak and is a natural tan colour, how it works for best results, shower and use a body scrub to Polish the skin and do your body shaving ect, use this the following day, spray a good amount onto the mitt so it is damp and rub in sections arms, then chest, belly, thighs then legs etc adding more spray each time, you will know you are using enough spray when you see the guide colour when applying its like a light greeny colour, leave on for up to 3 hours but no longer I wash of after 2 hrs so its not to dark, don't use soap just water you will see the colour come off, then you pat dry the skin and let your tan develop you will notice it gradually get darker over the hour that's the 60min tan after you wash it off so don't expect an instant colour, you will be amazed I live it put it on my partner to

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Tan and quick deliver!, 22 Jun. 2014
Easy to apply and great colour! Ideal for last minute nights out :) can shower after 60 minutes! Amazing :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colour, innovative product, 25 Jan. 2015
K. martin "kmart" (England) - See all my reviews
I am a long St Moritz user (still the best value instant/long lasting tan out there) and was looking for something a bit more upmarket. Having read the reviews I was very excited to receive this in 3 days.
The bottle was squashed but still in one piece. It contains a spray top as well as a proper screw top. Also in the pack are two black plastic gloves and a mitt.
I applied the tan and found the 'guide colour' to be a barely there green tinge. The liquid dried straight away and i felt I could get dressed and go about my day. I left it on for 3 hours and even had a nap. I then rinsed the tan off in the shower with no soap and dressed again. By the time I went to bed a few hours later I was a light golden colour and thought I might need another coat the next day. When I woke up, however, I was a nice tanned colour and there was very little smell! I can't say it didn't transfer onto the bed clothes but it was no worse than any other tan.

The tan is still there 3 days later, and I decided to add another layer. I think it would have still been ok 5 days later but it was more convenient for me to do it today.

Pros
Good colour
Even
Don't have to avoid water like with other tans
Nice tropical smell
Lasts

Cons
After 3 hours I'd like it to be a little darker (it is a definite tanned colour but I was expecting mahogany after 3 hrs)
Erm...can't think of any others

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best quick developing lotion I've used, 8 Oct. 2014
This is the best quick developing lotion I've used. I generally leave it on for two hours to get a good colour, but you could leave it on up to three for a really dark tan; or if you only want a light colour, wash it off after one hour.

Don't panic if you wash it off and you don't look like you've got much colour - it continues to develop for about 12 hours afterwards. So don't rush to re-apply - be patient!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tan by far. Everyone should use this., 5 Jan. 2015
I buy this product religiously, its by far the most amazing fake tan I have ever used.
In 3 hours after washing off and waiting around a day you can find yourself a very nice colour, I love this product that much I have made other friends try it and now they are all buying it as well.
the price is exceptional as well considering that one bottle would last me about 4 months easily. The tan also lasts for just under a week and that's doing day to day tasks, showering and going to the gym.
Exfoliate well in the shower before putting it on as well as if you have very clean fresh skin it holds a lot longer and gives a better tan.
Everytime I am wearing it everyone thinks ive been on the sunbeds or holiday which is the exact way I wanted it, it doesn't look fake or orange, it looks like a legit tan. When on as well its great how you only have to wear for 3 hours and it smells amazing like light coconut or suncream, and it doesnt rub off onto clothes or stain things either.
Im on my third bottle now so it speaks for itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best fake tan ever!, 23 Aug. 2014
I love this fake tan! I've used a lot of different fake tan brands and this is by far my favourite. It goes on really easily with the mitt supplied and the best thing is that you can wash it off after an hour. I'm quite fair so I leave it on for about 2 hours and this usually gives me a natural looking golden tan. It does still take time to develop after you've washed it off so I usually apply it at night, wash it off after 2 hours and in the morning I'm tanned! It comes off well, it doesn't go patchy I usually leave it for 4-5 days then exfoliate a couple of times and it's all gone. I used to have spray tans a lot but I don't bother anymore this is far better and cheaper!
All in all this is a good buy, well worth the money and I will definitely be buying it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead Fish to Bronzed Deity., 26 Nov. 2014
I didn't have time to stand around for 6+ hours waiting for self-tanning lotion to soak into my skin, so I bought this on a total whim. I exfoliated my skin two hours prior to application, then started to rub the lotion on it's skin (haha) with the mitt. It went on so smoothly. No streaking whatsoever. The liquid colour has a weird greenish kind of tint to it, which made me look like I was started to decay from the inside out, but it really helped me see where I had/hadn't applied it. The smell was also pleasant - like tanning oils, with a sweet coconut scent. I spent the next two hours periodically sniffing my arm!

It dried really quickly, and I could feel there was a coating of something on my body, but it wasn't tacky, and when I sat down it didn't come off on my white bed linen (10 bonus points). So two hours in, because I was in a hurry, I went and rinsed off in the shower. It looked like I I had just been doing a spot of light mud wrestling, but I'm pleased it took water and not just contact to get the lotion from my skin.

Now to my nose it seemed the coconut smell disappeared at that point, and it didn't have the typical tanning lotion scent either. My skin colour, at this point, hadn't been altered either - that happened overnight.

I have a complexion like the belly of a dead fish. I find it really hard to find self-tans that don't turn me into a streaky Tango advert. This stuff is awesome! I woke up this morning a golden brown. Testament is my boyfriend complimenting the evenness of the colour, as well as the colour itself. He agrees that the smell is quite pleasant too, not at all mouldy biscuit.

I still have LOADS left! Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price & freebies!, 7 July 2014
This is £25 in the shops & my order came with a free mitt which is really soft not like the £1 I usually have to buy. PLUS two sets of latex gloves!

Fake Bake 60 Minutes Self-Tan Liquid 236 ml