Style Name: Full HD, DVI-D, HDMI, VGA, SRS Sound|Size: 23"|Change

on 24 March 2013
I am very happy with this monitor. It looks very smart and the build quality is excellent. The monitor is very stable and does not wobble like many other monitors at this price. Viewsonic have been very generous and included a 3.5mm audio cable, a VGA and a HDMI cable in the box. I am very impressed with the image quality. Colours look natural and there is very little motion blur. There are a few negative points: black levels are not quite as dark as they could be; the speakers are weak; the navigation of on screen menus is difficult using the awkward touch panel. In my opinion this is still a 5 star product despite the minor negatives I have mentioned. The price is superb - and Viewsonic are currently running a £30 off promotion when you buy this monitor with certain Win8 products - details can be found on their website.
on 22 October 2013
Taking the Viewsonic out of its box I was immediately struck by what a great looking thing this is, before I'd even turned it on - the bezel is really thin and the glossy plastics are nicely used. The base is reassuringly sturdy as well. The cables provided in the box (an HDMI cable, crucially, as well as the power cable, an audio wire [for those not using HDMI] and a VGA cable) are generous considering the low price.

It's the image quality of the IPS display which really excels, however - it is utterly superb and you'll never want to go back to TFT again. Genuinely fantastic.

The only disadvantage is the mediocre speakers, but then again I bought this monitor to use as a monitor - I have speakers already, so for me this is barely a criticism.

To sum up - this level of quality for £150 is simply astounding. It's a beautiful monitor with beautiful image quality. Don't be put off by the apparent obscurity of this monitor and the lack of reviews on Amazon - it's a great product. Take a look at Techradar's review for a professional opinion.
on 9 August 2014
I purchased this as a recommendation from a family member, as well as the low price. (I did purchase from an alternative outlet centre).

I have now had this for over a week and I have split this review up into PROS and CONS:

PROS:

1. Display - The display is the best I have ever seen, this may be because it is my first Full HD display but it has certainly impressed me and others who also have similar spec displays. The IPS panel is excellent, and of course this offers excellent viewing angles.
2. Design - It looks good! You can't see the edge of the screen when it is turned off, and when the screen is on, the small bezels look gorgeous. The stand also looks great.
3. Inputs - On offer is DVI, HDMI and VGA. On some others you may see more HDMI ports, but the inclusion of the ever vanishing VGA port insures this will work with older tech.
4. It comes well packaged in the ViewSonic Box. It comes with cables for European and UK plugs. It also comes with an HDMI and audio cable which was a nice surprise.

CONS:

1. Buttons - They are tucked underneath the monitor, and at first when setting up my display it was such a pain! If your going to be using the inbuilt speakers, be sure to use your computer to control the volume because it will give you a neck ache keep looking under the monitor.
2. Brightness - When I first turned it on, the first thing I noticed was the screen brightness. I have seen much, much, much brighter displays. I have played around with all the settings to make it brighter, but with no success.
3. Speakers - Although it was nice for ViewSonic to include them, they sound very tinny, and good for lite viewing or system notices, but I would recommend using a pair of headphones or other speakers.
4. Gloss stand and bezel - This leaves lots and lots of finger prints, so be sure to tell the kids not to touch.

My brother has had this display for a year and a half and it's still working perfectly for him. Also it comes with a 3 year warrenty (I don't know if this is the same for Amazon).

Because of the pure good looks of it, I have gave it 5 stars, but it is very close to 4 because of the buttons and screen brightness.
on 21 May 2013
Ideal for the smaller space I had available, great spec and having the built in speakers is a bonus for me. It even comes with all cable provided - including an hdmi one which is what I'm using to connect to my pc.
on 24 January 2014
I bought two.

This is an excellent monitor that punches well above its price point. Screen is crisp and clear with great colour reproduction and a solid set of configuration options should you decide you need them. It's also the cheapest IPS panel on the market. Supports one HDMI input, one DVI input and one VGA input as well as one audio in and one audio out. Because of picture quality and the £130 price tag (at time of writing), I'm not going to rate below 4 stars.

However, it's not without its issues. It's a little difficult to position exactly as you like - the vertical tilt is limited, there's no way to remove the main section of the base and no holes for a wall mounting bracket. You also can't tilt it 90° for use as a vertical side monitor.

As other reviews say, the built-in speaker is awful and you're advised to install some ridiculous, unnecessary third party bloatware to get anything resembling decent sound quality - and it's a complete non-issue. If you want good sound, you DO NOT use built-in speakers, regardless of what monitor you have.

A great monitor for a great price. If you're put off by the junk sound, buy it when it's on offer and use the £10-20 you saved to buy yourself a cheap set of desktop speakers. Problem solved.
on 12 May 2013
great screen, does what it should, easy to set up and works like a dream. Packaging could have been better, from the supplier, it arrived in the retail box which had been opened!!
on 30 December 2013
Purchased this screen from elsewhere (approx 6 months ago). Firstly, it gets 3 stars from me for the fact that the display itself is crystal clear with a 1920x1080 resolution.

The built in speakers however, are useless. They are the most tinny, scratchy and ear piercing things i have ever listened to. After fiddling about, i realised that this monitor requires Windows software to "make the speakers audible"... That's a flaw if you ask me. These kinds of things should be built into the screens firmware itself (via the on screen display), because of this, you cannot adjust or equalize the sound levels coming from the speaker unless you are using a Windows operating system with the "SRS" bloatware that it requires. Because of the fact that i mostly use a Linux based desktop, the speakers are useless, and there is no open-source (or compatible closed-source) option available to make them work. A screen should not "require" software to function...

Lastly, the adjusted buttons for the on screen display have a design flaw. As the surface is touch sensitive for the buttons, you cannot feel your way around and essentially you have no idea which button you are pressing, because they are tucked underneath the screen and out of sight when sitting in front of it.

As i said, the display itself is good, it functions as a monitor nicely.

If you have external speakers already (such as a 2.1 system), i'd recommend using them over the built-in ones. I would not recommend, as a monitor/screen should never have a vendor lock-in approach to software that makes it function as intended.
VINE VOICEon 28 June 2013
This is a simply fabulous monitor at an extremely competitive price. It has a full HD screen which requires minimal setting-up. Being an LED screen, it is slim, lightweight and low on power consumption. The colour rendition is perfect and the display is ultra-stable. Like most products these days, the printed instructions are minimalist, but perfectly adequate. I have yet to have need of the full manual (on the installation DVD).
on 27 February 2014
Good - the display: sharp, big, colours look accurate. Plenty of options in the menu (but it's difficult to use because of silly buttons). Three year warranty.
Average - sound quality from speakers which are built-in to the monitor, and you have to install software to be able to use them. Not really an issue for me, I have carried on using separate speakers and don't use those in the monitor.
Bad - as other people have noted, the buttons to access the menu are pretty bad. They are touch sensitive, which isn't a problem in itself. But you can't see them from where you sit because they are on the stand and hidden by the screen - you either have to bend sideways to peer under the bottom edge of the monitor, or kneel on the floor. But whilst you are doing that it's pretty difficult trying to look at the screen to make adjustments. I can't understand why this wasn't dealt with before the product was marketed - didn't Viewsonic do any product testing?. Also, the buttons cannot be detected by touch (they don't stand proud, or have any feel), you have to look to see where they are before touching them. But I wouldn't say don't buy the monitor because of this.
on 24 January 2014
Fantastic quality for the price.

Just bought this as a second monitor for my home office setup...have now set it as my primary monitor! It is bright and clear although I found the default colour setting a little washed out - corrected by adjusting the colour balance etc, no problem. I am a keen photographer and am more than happy to use this for that too.

I also have it connected to the freesat HD box and the HD image is great from that as well.

The effective bezel isn't as thin as the blurb suggests as there is a bit of a glass edge that is unused as well, but you do get the advertised 23" so, not an issue there either.

Speakers are tinny, yes, but I use a separate sound system anyway....and it is a cheap monitor!

The control buttons are a bit fiddly but my other monitor is a ViewSonic so I knew what to expect and how the menus work....and how often do you change settings once it is set up properly anyway? All in all, whilst there are a few niggles, for the price there is nothing of any substance to complain about.