Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.50

VINE VOICEon 30 May 2006
I was lent this book two weeks ago and told that it was worth reading. If I am honest it is not something I would have gone out and bought. I didn't feel comfortable with the idea of wallowing in someone elses despair and grief. As a parent myself I cannot begin to imagine what this experience does to a family -a father - a mother - sisters and brothers.

However, having been given a copy I DID read it and am glad (if that is the right word) that I did so. It was a sobering read and a frightening look from within at every parent's worst nightmare. It gave a very honest account of the experience this family has gone through and the continuing effects it has upon them today. Even worse - nobody but Ian Huntley knows exactly what occurred when he enticed two little girls into his house that day. Like everyone else I was shattered watching the footage of them walking together in their football shirts - as a child that would have been me and my best friend - totally happy and feeling secure and safe in each other's company - with no idea of the evil which lies outside that little world.

I think Kevin Wells is to be commended for writing an honest account as he saw it - it should be required reading for anyone who deals with these kind of crimes - it truely tells it from a parent's perspective. I hope writing this has helped Kevin Wells with some of the feelings and demons he has been left with. My heart goes out to this family - their courage is astounding.
on 8 January 2006
At first I wasn't sure I wanted to read the book, but am so glad I did. It is a brilliant insight into the british justice system and gives brutally honest feelings from Mr Wells. Any parent not having been through such trauma can only imagine what life must have been like for these families. The hearts of the nation went out the Wells and Chapman families when their girls went missing. This book is very reassuring in letting the public know that the Wells family have come through the other side of a horrific chapter in their lives. God Bless them and thank them for letting the world share their experience and loss of their little angel.
on 10 April 2005
To say I enjoyed this book would feel wrong but I found I could not put it down. Kevin writes of his family's loss and despair in a thought provoking and moving way. Many of us followed the terrible events of that August with a hope for a happy ending, when the terrible news came it was hard to comprehend how the 2 families would cope. Kevin gives us some insight into this and I felt it an honor to be allowed to share this. To read of the unspeakable letters and calls they recieved from some warped people was shocking. Kevin also writes of how they were often kept out of the police's information loop, again I found this shocking. This is the saddest book I have ever read (many times I found myself in tears) and this is due to the sheer honesty of Kevin's writing. It has left me with an overwhelming admiration for Kevin, Nicola and Oliver and I wish them well for the futre.
on 25 July 2006
What a great book - and a fascinating insight into the British justice system - let's just say, it is not seen in a favourable light and like many people, I'm sure, makes me so angry for what the Wells (& Chapman) family were put through at such a traumatic time.

Both the Wells and Chapman families have my deepest respect and admiration. A wonderful tribute to both Holly and Jessica.
on 14 October 2005
I can only commend Mr. Wells for this book. When this tragedy first occurred, I like the rest of the nation were horrified that someone could be as evil to do this. This book give you an insight as to what Kevin, Nicola and Oliver went through from the moment their daughter is unfairly taken away from them up to the trial and beyond. A few times whilst reading this book I had to stop for crying so God know how hard it must have been to write it.
I can only hope that writing this has in someway helped the family. Both families have been to hell and back and I hope that Huntley and Carr rot in it.
on 27 March 2005
I am stll reading this book, but felt I had to comment. It is an excellent piece of work, sensitively written and very moving. I find I cant put it down. The story of these two little girls surely touched the hearts of the nation and I feel very humbled being able to read how this extraordinary family have coped with the loss of their beautiful and beloved daughter and sister. Excellent.
on 30 August 2006
This book was really sad and my heart goes out to Holly and Jessicas family.

It was nice to see however, the families point of view of things, rather than the over exaggerated stories you hear in the papers and on the news. It shows how the FLO's struggle between the pressures of the job and the well being of the family.

Definately needs some tissues when you read this. I cried most of the way through the book!
on 31 July 2005
I couldn't put this book down. A heartbreaking story written in a loving way by a very dear man.
My heart went out to the Wells Family, very brave and very dear.
A different reflection on the justice system.
A must read!!
Write more Kevin.
on 5 January 2006
While reading this i had tears in my eyes. You simply cannot put this book down. It gives you a brutally honest account of what happened from August 2002 onwards and a family's love and strength for each other. After reading this, i felt like i knew Holly and i wish i had the privilige of meeting her. Mr Wells tells of how amazing Holly was and the effect of a paedophile's disgusting intrusion into an ordinary family's life. A wonderful read - any person will be astounded at how wonderfl this book is. It also includes photographs of Holly throughout her amazing life and this makes you wonder how someone can be so evil. The Wells family - you have my utmost respect for your undying strength and love.
on 2 November 2005
When I bought this book and told friends of it, I could sense they were thinking deep down "Why would you want to buy a book about that horrfying event, which took place in Soham?" I am glad I did as I have learnt alot from Kevin Wells. What an account. I do not have any children and I would ask anyone who knows of this tragic event to read this book. It's not about the actual event alone, it's a true, emotional,honest account of all the emotions the families had to deal with from August 2002 to now. I will never look at our legal system and the media in the same way again. And as for mediums - just read the book and you decide - once you start you will not want toput the book down.