5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What it says it is
I found replacing my current strap for my FT4 polar watch very easy to do. After reading the reviews I bought this one. It arrived promptly and in good condition. I put it on and it automatically connected with my watch. Excellent purchase and selling!
Published 9 months ago by Rowena

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality of the Strap Readings
I've got this strap as a kit with my RCX5 and it worked fine for about 3 weeks. Then it started showing wrong heart rates (jumping between 130 and 218). The peak was when recently the whole training (around an hour and half) showed up with an average of 190 (i'm 40, i guess i should be dead by now, but still writing a review).

I've tried every possible...
Published 8 months ago by D. Crudo

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality of the Strap Readings, 8 Nov 2013
D. Crudo - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar H2 Heart Rate Sensor ST (Sports)

I've tried every possible combinations: cleaning with mild soap after training, washing it in the washmashine every 3 days, wetting the strip before training... in the end nothing worked anymore. Total life time: 3 months (used daily).

Before sending it back (to see if i would get a replacement as a lot of people did), i've decided to get a new one, but instead of spending $20 on the strap, i've decided to go with the T31, which seems less comfortable but more durable.

So far, the T31 seems the right choice. I don't mind spending $40 on a replacement every couple of years, but replacing a strap of $20 every 3 months, seems too much.

My suggestion is stay away from the H2 and go for the T31.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR RCX3 - although the box says it is!, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Polar H2 Heart Rate Sensor ST (Sports)
Beware - on the box it says that the H2 suits polar RCX3 monitors but it DOES NOT.
I opened it and tried to follow the guidelines - but after a few times logged onto Polar Troubleshooting only to find out that RCX3 only works with W.I.N.D monitors.
Need to send it back to supplier although I do not have the box.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Value and unreliable, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Polar H2 Heart Rate Sensor ST (Sports)
I bought this believing it to be better than the cheaper models as I could replace the battery rather than throw it away after 18 months. I have had an intermittent problem with the belt failing to register a heart rate, mid exercise, and sometimes starting again but not always. I returned the monitor and it was checked as OK, but when I started using it, it still had the same problem. Their customers services recommended I buy ECG gel to see it that gave the belt a better contact but it didn't so after all this, I have decided to bin this one and go back to the cheaper alternative which at least works for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What it says it is, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Polar H2 Heart Rate Sensor ST (Sports)

5.0 out of 5 stars First H2 failed to work - Second worked immediately and without any fuss., 13 May 2013
This review is from: Polar H2 Heart Rate Sensor ST (Sports)
5 stars based on the replacement H2. Replacement received today, tried in gym this evening, worked the second I stepped on the cardio machine. Gym has Technogym (listed as compatible with Polar devices) equipment, worked immediately on 3 different machines as advertised.
5 stars also because of Amazon's immediate replacement, within 2 working days of completing the returns procedure.
First H2 did nothing, very little to check, seems it either works or it doesn't.
So highly recommended - but if it doesn't work the second you step on the cardio machine don't waste time, check machine is Polar compatible and if it is return the H2 for one that works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Technogym equipment at Virgin Active, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Polar H2 Heart Rate Sensor ST (Sports)
Adjusted easily to fit my 44" chest. Could adjust fit chests maybe 5" bigger and many inches smaller.

I have used this on Technogym treadmills and a hand-cycle at the local Virgin Active gym. I found that the machine noticed the signal and started using it without any report, or me having to do anything.

My first use of it was on a treadmill. It was so seamless I was suspicious, so once my alleged heart rate got up to 120 on the treadmill, I put my feet on the sides and rested. Sure enough, the machine started reporting a lowering heart rate, which went up again once I started moving again.

Following this, I went to the hand cycle machine, and entered CPR mode. In this mode, without the chest strap, it normally says "USE CHEST STRAP" and doesn't let me start the programme. But with the Polar H2, I was able to use this feature.

In neither case did the machine give any specific message that it had picked up the signal of a heart rate recording device, other than simply functioning and giving a heart rate reading, which felt roughly right, in my subjective comparisons to how I feel my heart beating when I am using the hand-sensors on the treadmills.

I have not done any tests on the accuracy of the heart rate reading.

2.0 out of 5 stars h2 monitor does not work correctly, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: Polar H2 Heart Rate Sensor ST (Sports)
h2 monitor does not work with my Garmin edge500 as advertised.the wording in advert indicates it does as it emits 2.4ghz which my Garmin device responds to.I can not send it back because I live in turkey and I return Monday 19th. So I am not very happy about this and will not be buying things again through Amazon if I don't get compensation.

Polar H2 Heart Rate Sensor Set M-XXL