4.0 out of 5 stars I realy like it
Published on 17 Sept. 2012 by L. Carter

2.0 out of 5 stars Masquerade (Heven and Hell)
This book had me sighing with exasperation... I don't mind reading the YA genre, but the Heven character was grating on my nerves to read. She was pathetic in her misery because of her scared face... Every minute she reminisced on 'Before' her accident, before her face was left disfigured and scarred.

I know a disfigurement can be life altering and hard to...
Published 3 months ago by Louise

4.0 out of 5 stars I realy like it, 17 Sept. 2012
L. Carter - See all my reviews
This review is from: Masquerade (Heven and Hell Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Heven used to be pretty, popular and the future head cheerleader but that was before. Before something happened that she can't remember and she was left with three long scars on her face. Now she has lost everything and feels like she will never be normal, that is until she meets Sam. He makes Heven feel pretty again and confident enough to try to live. But Sam is hiding something, there is more to him than meets the eye and if Heven finds out his secret she may never feel safe again.

I love the protagonist Heven; she is just inherently good and the sort of person you will struggle to dislike. The chapters alternate between Heven perspective and Sam's and it gives you a really good insight into both characters and the story. There is lots of mystery especially with some of the short chapters from another perspective. This book really got me emotionally involved and I felt very sad for some of the characters at times, only talented authors can make you feel for the characters that much.

I loved the supernatural elements to this book; Cambria hasn't just used traditional paranormal creatures but instead used some that are a little more unusual. It makes this book more individual and unique than others that are available. I would definitely recommend this to lovers of paranormal romance, and I am looking forwards to reading Charade.

*I recieved this book for an honest review, this has not affected my review in any way*

2.0 out of 5 stars Masquerade (Heven and Hell), 26 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Masquerade (Heven and Hell Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

I know a disfigurement can be life altering and hard to accept and overcome, but I couldn't sympathize or even empathize with Heven' s character. She came across hyper emotional and weak to everything and everyone in her life.

Enter the mysterious handsome new guy at school and suddenly Heven practically wets her panties at the first sight of him!! (Have you read this before a million times - how predictable!) Let the inconspicuous stares at the hot guy Sam begin and the self pity whine of her 'gross' face how Sam would look at a 'freak' like her.... Yawn!!!

Oh, look they're in love and he has a secret... REALLY, you don't say!! By this point is was praying for sweet mercy for this story to miraculously improve or end and put me out of my misery (Yes, I paid for the book so I will be a martyr to my boredom and read it to the end - I am good like that!!)

I didn't care about the story by this point and just wondered if these authors think teenage girls are so brain dead to fawn over how 'gorgeous' boy is constantly and not deserving said gorgeous boy attention as they are not on the same aesthetic level... I must have been a weird teenager then, as I didn't place boys on that ridiculous pedal stool (just saying).

The 4 and 4.5* rating for this book and the others in the series had me fooled into buying books 1-4. But I don't think I can endure (yes, I felt reading this book was a punishment!) book 2-4. Sam and Heven will have to go on fighting against evil without me.

Others might find I have been harsh in my review and enjoy the book (or series) but this was definitely not for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastical action packed read, 30 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Masquerade (Heven and Hell Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I bought a few books by Cambria awhile back but I just never got round to reading them. I have heard so many great things about the author and I wanted to see for myself and I have to say I was not disappointed.
Let me start explaining briefly the back story.
The story is about a young girl called Heven. She was a popular girl but one day that all changed when something happened which resulted in scarring to her face causing Heven to purposely try and fade into the background. She also has no idea what happened to her either.
So that said she refers to that back story and 'Before.'
The whole story is action packed, from start to finish. It flips between Heven's story to 'The Hate' & 'The Hope.'
It is as though there is a battle going on between good and bad.
It is a great story and I don't want to give any more away, only that it is a must read. Plus it is cheap and you are getting fantastic value for your money. I honestly could not put the book down.
My only problem was there are no paperbacks on Amazon. I had an arrrggghhhh moment. Because if I love a story on ebook I have to buy them on paperback. Luckily I have managed to find them, but I just hope in future that maybe the author will put them on Amazon *hint hint*

5.0 out of 5 stars masquerade is just brilliant, 15 July 2013
This review is from: Masquerade (Paperback)
Masquerade is just one brilliant book .i love this book by cambria hebert .The character's are amazing the book is in heven's point of view and sams and you have abit of the hate and the hopes pov to ,witch i really liked .I love heven the main character she is amazing character ,i felt so sorry for her for what she had been though and living with the fear of being watched not knowing if you are been watched or your loseing your mind .Sam well he just own my heart i just love his character what he did to be close to heven and reading how much he loves her is just flippin beautiful .i love how this book keeps you gessing what sam is ,when i did find out it was nothing what i thought he would be i was like clever clever author i loved what he turn out to be .after reading masquerade i just had to use my amazon one click and buy the rest of the collection and i was so pleased i did as iam really loving all the books

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Masquerade (Heven and Hell Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I really liked the book and the way it had a few alternating chapters to show the different prospective of the characters

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab !!!, 13 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Masquerade (Heven and Hell Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book , couldn't put it down , would recommend to anyone who likes a good love story with a twist !!! Can't wait to read the next installment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 26 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Masquerade (Heven and Hell Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I have no idea how I managed to read this as it was so boring and it did not make any sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book by KAtie, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Masquerade (Heven and Hell Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Great book I love it coz it saucy feminine and I would defiantly recommended it to friends and family xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this, 2 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Masquerade (Heven and Hell Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Heven is a young girl struggling with daily life since an accident caused her to have scars on her face. She cannot remember anything about the accident though, and suffers nightmares about it. She shuts herself away from most of her friends, except for Kimber, her best friend, and Kimber's boyfriend Cole.

Onto the scene comes Sam, a new kid in town, who at first appears to be interested in Kimber. It soon becomes clear, however, that he is more interested in Heven. She cannot understand why he would want to have anything to do with her and the scars. She has put a lock in her heart, and doesn't think anyone will ever be able to unlock it.

But Sam is determined, and bit by bit Heven's defences are slowly chipped away.

However, this isn't a straight forward love story. Sam is hiding something from Heven, something which could cost her dearly. He isn't totally human. But is Heven in danger from him, or is he the one to save her from what is fated?

I honestly didn't know what to expect from this story. The series had been recommended to me ages ago, I just hadn't found out anything about the subject matter.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out exactly who, or what, Sam is. Heven accepts he is different, but is very soon thrown into turmoil when she discovers the true reason Sam was brought to her. This wasn't just fate, other forces have been at work to ensure these two would be together. There is a much higher purpose for Heven, and she is in need of Sam more than she ever thought possible.

I cannot wait to find out what happens to Heven and Sam in the next part of their adventure!

4.0 out of 5 stars great series, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Masquerade (Heven and Hell Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This was great, getting to know more about Heven, especially as she has to learn to live with her scars from the attack. I fell in love with Sam, he truly loved Heven, and would do anything for her. China was a sorry excuse for a girl, and truly got what she deserved.

You just know that we have not heard The last from Sam's other roommates.

I am really glad that Hever, gave Sam a chance, they are so good together.

Still enjoying getting to know Cole and Kimber.

Masquerade (Heven and Hell Book 1)