on 14 August 2012
I saw this production a few months ago and was completely won over by it. The humour of the screenplay translated well to the stage and the joy of the cast had a knock on effect on the audience, who roared laughing as they were splashed with water in the front of the stalls during the title song.

As such I'm delighted that this production has been recorded. Note that the song listing, quite similar to the movie but with several extra songs, is very different to the Tommy Steele recording that is also on amazon. I like how much more complete cast recordings are becoming these days as well. Usually I can do without whole blocks of dialogue being recorded, but it's wonderful to have the encore music preserved here too.

One minor quibble I have is that the dialogue before the song "Good Mornin'" has a very tinny echo to it, whereas the song itself is recorded perfectly. Scarlett Strallen's songs are the standout numbers of this recording. The stage production's song "What's Wrong With Me?" for Lina Lamont is excellent, with Katherine Kingsley having a lot of fun putting that hilarious accent to good use in song.

If you're a fan of the film or of musical theatre in general, get this recording. It's such a cliche to say they don't make them like they used to, but Singin in the Rain as a stage musical really deserves more recognition, especially when it brings such an exquisite score to modern audiences night after night.
on 14 August 2012
Having seen this production at The Palace theatre a few times, I was very excited when I heard there was going to be a cast-recoding of it.

The songs all sound amazing on the CD, with great vocals from Scarlett Strallen, Adam Cooper, and Daniel Crossley. Katherine Kingsley's genius version of 'What's Wrong With Me?' is hilarious, and the orchestration is beautiful. A few stand-out songs for me are: 'Make 'Em Laugh', 'Broadway Ballet', 'Would You?', 'Good Morning', 'What's Wrong With Me?', and the title number 'Singin' In The Rain'.

Overall, I'd recommend this CD to anyone who likes 'Singin' In The Rain', especially if you've seen the current production at The Palace Theatre and loved it! And if you haven't seen the show yet... DO IT! It's a truly spectacular show with a fantastic cast.
on 25 May 2015
For some reason, all the tap sequences have been omitted, leaving only the orchestration. This comes as a real disappointment, as you would expect an 'all singing, all dancing' show to include one of the most important features of what makes a musical a musical. If I'd known this beforehand, I probably wouldn't have bought it. What a pity.
on 2 November 2013
IT IS AN EXCELLENT CD THE MUSIC IS GREAT. I LIKE IT VERY MUCH. THANK YOU FOR HAVING IT FOR SALE ON YOUR SYSTEM. EDWARD ARTHUR GALE.
on 10 September 2015
If you have seen this live this Album is for you and enjoy and i have to say it is fantasic Show and great songs to enjoy
on 9 April 2014
If you love the musical you will adore this soundtrack, they were selling it in the theatre for a lot more than this
on 26 March 2013
Great cast recording of a great musical. Would highly recommend for fans of the stage show and original film alike.
on 3 March 2015
perfect for a simg a long
on 13 February 2013
I went to see this show at The Palace Theatre and wasnt sure what to expect but it was a sheer joy to watch. I have seen many musicals but really loved this as it had fantastic dancing, it was funny and the cast had such a bond that I was totally absorbed in the whole thing. It is a feel good show and I would highly recommend it if you like a great night's entertainment. I Purchased the album and have not stopped playing it in the car since.
on 3 November 2014