5.0 out of 5 stars One of the funniest things on TV for years
Published on 22 Dec. 2012 by G. P. Bartley

3.0 out of 5 stars It incorporates some great characters, though some a little stereotyped
A slightly surreal, northern sitcom drama where all the standard rules of sitcom apply but in a just not quite reality world. It incorporates some great characters, though some a little stereotyped, but then pushes these charcters in other directions you wouldn't normally expect. The father (Vic Reeves-Jim Moir) and grandmother (Pat Dunn) are the best characters. The...
Published 28 days ago by Adam Gaterell

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the funniest things on TV for years, 22 Dec. 2012
G. P. Bartley "Xiedphdf" (Hilversum, The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hebburn [DVD] (DVD)
OK, I'm a Geordie so may be a bit biased, but my wife is from Essex and we had to stop the show several times because she was laughing so much. Brilliantly written from start to finish. However, this is also very clever in that you are geniunely interested in the characters to the point that in the last episode you really care about Jim and what happens to him. The whole cast bar none are excellent, but for my money, Gina McKee delivers a standout performance. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 26 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Hebburn [DVD] (DVD)
A suburban comedy in HEBBURN in the north east near South Shields. It's newcastle meets london with brutally honest results

Funny, but measured, sharply observed and very very real.

5 stars. 10 out of 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best heartwarming and hilariously funny programme for years!, 31 July 2013
DAVID CRAIG (South Tyneside) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hebburn [DVD] (DVD)
Coming from Hebburn, I was excited and a little bit worried when I first heard about this show. I had a feeling that we would be made to look like total idiots and worse than Shameless! My fears were soon allayed as I can happily state that I absolutely loved the show and, like many others, am proud to be from Hebburn. This is a must watch series and can't wait for the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars A little taste of home, 23 July 2013
Miss S. E. Brown (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hebburn [DVD] (DVD)
I bought two copies - one for myself (Newcastle girl living in London) and one for a friend (Chester girl living in the US) and we watched it together over Skype, like BFFs (and weirdos) do. It is utterly hilarious, at times poignant, and very true to life.

My only complaint is having to wait for series 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy!!, 30 May 2013
Eric T. Mcclamma (El Cajon, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hebburn [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastically funny and realistic series...I love it!!! I am American and I could swear these people are family and friends of mine, and not British!!! It's universally enjoyable and I highly reccommend it. Enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Hebburn [DVD] (DVD)
I love this new tv comedy. Definitely one to watch out for in the future. Some real gem comedy acting, especially the gran, the quip about "clarty carol" the stripper being in the same care home had me in stiches. A brilliant first series. Really looking forward to the follow up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant & funny new sit-com, 21 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Hebburn [DVD] (DVD)
I have really enjoyed Hebburn, so funny. It has everything, have laughed & cried. Some really strong characters, especially the Gran, the lines she comes out with. :D Brilliant. Really hope there is a series 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dvd, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Hebburn [DVD] (DVD)
Was very good can not wait till next one out was very enjoying to watch can tell its just like the north east

4.0 out of 5 stars Good series, 28 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Hebburn [DVD] (DVD)
made me laugh. good acting, good script. I would recommend to friends and family and looking out for next series

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Hebburn [DVD] (DVD)
Last minute Christmas present, and despite a higher P&P charge (to be expected), not a stupid one. Product duly arrived before Christmas as promised (despite bad weather).

Hebburn [DVD]
Hebburn [DVD] by Christine Gernon (DVD - 2012)