Format: DVD|Change

on 11 April 2016
It is testament to the quality of Ronnies Barker and Corbett and the writers, that I managed to see series 1 through. Okay there is some content that would not be acceptable now but in 1971 it was accepted (and thank goodness we have moved on) but what has dated very badly is the guest "stars." I have no ill will towards Tina Charles or New World but this was really cringe-worthy stuff. I see some reviewers have gone over the top about the expurgasion of the Top of the Pops sketch (it featured a Jimmy Saville take off) but I agree with that omission. I don't think it has any merit sufficient to keep it in. It is not like they have gone through this with a detailed eye for the non-PC. Series 1 has plenty of content which crosses contemporary standard of acceptability but viewed taking into account the context is still enjoyable for most people.

What really shines through here is the great talent of timing, partnership and the physical comedy of the set piece song and dance numbers, a real trip down memory lane for me and my wife that evokes our separate recollections of watching these show with out families.
on 14 January 2014
These, in my book, are the best comedy duo we have ever produced in this country. I felt that the first series was a bit ordinary but you can see the promise of something great. After that it just got better and better. Who will ever forget the 'fork 'andles'. I would recommend this set to everyone, young and old. Would make a brilliant present
on 15 May 2015
Classic sketch show comedy at it's finest. Ronnie Barker is exceptional, where as Ronnie Corbett does a good job latching onto every stunt, word and trying extra hard not to laugh. For the price I paid for this (33 quid) I can already say I have two of the best comedy duos in history in my room with me - and I enjoy every second! Fantastic!
on 10 March 2015
it is what it says .Two of the greatest comics of all time doing their finest work. Timeless all round comic entertainment, sketches songs and stories. Was shocked it was so cheap. Around 80 hours. Have got through around Ten episodes but grew up watching them replayed. Liked I said, Timeless comedy.
on 18 August 2013
Still working my way thru them just now & yes the humour is dated & very un-PC in some cases, but I've been in stitches watching it. My mum's in a care home & I bought it so we could watch it together. She's loving it too. The packaging is great too, very compact
on 30 November 2014
Fantastic if you like the Two Ronnies very good price and speedy delivery
on 23 July 2014
I have always loved the Two Ronnies and it has been wonderful to look back through the years and admire how they evolved their style. Classic, glorious and hilarious and I will watch it over and over again.
on 4 February 2014
From the days when we had real, good and highly entertaining television to watch. The two Ronnies (along with Morecombe and Wise) could, rightly so, command viewing audiences of 20 million on a Saturday night; they were essential viewing before heading out covered in liberal applications of brut or old spice in your best flares.

This box set has over 70 hours of programmes on 27 discs from all 12 series and Christmas specials plus some extra materials; if you remember that era then this is essential viewing and something to own and cherish; if you've never seen them then take a chance and buy, you won't be disappointed.
on 3 November 2014
We are saving this for Christmas when the TV programmes are nowadays usually abysmal. We know what to expect from this Two Ronnies Collection and am sure we will not be disappointed.
on 3 November 2012
They were fantastic in there day for one reason, they are still are as good today as when they were on tv ! been waiting for this collection forever :-) it's brilliant :-) nothing else to add !