5.0 out of 5 stars Roberts reputation stands firm
Published 6 months ago by Book fiend

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but flawed for me.
Ive just got one of these, and its a stylish, compact item, not unlike the expensive Bose set, but a third of the price.
What Ive found that is a bugger, is the very fiddly way of setting the presets, and then recalling them to listen to a station. Its so easy for the set to keep setting the wrong station on Preset 1. You are listening to a particular station,...
Published 2 months ago by Humberston

5.0 out of 5 stars Roberts reputation stands firm, 2 Nov. 2014
Book fiend "Enthusiast" (Petersfield, Hampshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Roberts Blutune200 DAB/DAB+/FM/CD/USB/SD/Bluetooth Sound System (Electronics)
I hunted for ages for a DAB radio with a CD player - really difficult to find one with quality sound but this fits the bill perfectly. I have a large collection of CDs and listen to classical music and jazz so the sound is really important. It's a handsome looking item with a very clear display and a large "sleep/volume" button on the top - handy if you are going to use this as an alarm. But it's almost too good to be used for that! There are a large number of display settings and so forth to choose from: perhaps too many but you can stick with the basics.
The tuning is automatic, efficient and easy. Other radios in my house don't receive a very good signal (even the DAB one) but this radio picks up even Radio 3 beautifully clearly with no interruptions.
You can use the bluetooth to connect with your laptop, iphone or tablet and also record to a USB or SD. The remote is tiny and lightweight and possibly a little vulnerable to being damaged - just don't leave it anywhere you could tread on it! I have only one criticism - it seems odd for a sophisticated quality piece of technology such as this that there are no individual buttons for pre-selected radio stations. You can pre-select up to 20 radio stations on DAB or FM but even if you do this you still have to scroll through the stations to find the one you want and then select it. You can buy cheaper machines but if you want the quality sound go for this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full-featured unit with great sound, 8 Nov. 2014
Setter man (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
At the risk of coining a phrase, this unit does all that it says on the box! The DAB is rock solid (other Roberts and Pure devices I have sometimes struggle in my home, even though we live up high and have clear line of sight signals all around). Very clear sound and good station info on the screen. I didn't even need to ask it to tune - it did it at first switch-on for itself. FM is not so good quality for me, but then I never use that. I also wanted a CD player in a small unit with good sound in my lounge to combine with the DAB facility, and this unit does that admirably with good track info on its bright screen. I haven't yet used the USB slot except to charge my iPhone - just to see if it did! But I shall possibly later record stuff on to a USB disk and/or SD card. I could also use it to playback material I already have on a hard drive.

The Bluetooth link works very well, linking quickly with my iPhone 5S and I was able to pick and choose tracks and play them very simply on my phone up to the full length of my (long) lounge. The remote control works well, though I find its design with the IR link on the side rather than the end of the remote a bit ergonomically clumsy in use. Not a real problem!

Though we are not talking good quality speakers here, I find the sound coming from the unit to be smooth across the range with perhaps a slight over bassiness on some tracks/stations but this can easily be attenuated using the bass treble controls or the built in graphic equalizer. I've been playing some jazz to try the range out and it copes admirably with voice and piano, and single instruments, whilst the treatment of bands and orchestras is fine, though not as full or 'spread out' as you would find from free standing speakers I guess.

I wanted a small unit with good quality sound combining DAB and CD playing facilties and this Roberts Blutune 200 certainly fits the bill. The other facilities it has are certainly an added bonus and I shall be using them. But the bottom line for me was 'Does it play DAB and CDs and is the quality and level of the sound produced good or better?' - and it is!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound for it's size. Much more than an alarm clock., 15 Dec. 2014
rogkildare "Meldrew" (Cardiff, South Wales United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Arrived on time. Set up itself once plugged into the mains. No problems with excessive bass as just go into Equalizer settings select Bass and turn it down to minimum. Unit remembers this selection. I do have another cheaper Roberts Blutune but the sound on this one is far superior. Like the big round volume control on the top and if you press it, the unit can be turned on and off. Remote is a bit fiddly but all controls are on top of the unit anyway. Good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound from a small box., 22 Dec. 2014
A. S. Lawrance "Neanderthal" (Yate, South Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
This unit replaces a collection of sound system items and it is as good if not better. Very compact, easy to "assemble" and above all, the sound quality is great. The hand set is a little irritating, but I generally use the main controls. C.D. Response is great. Now finding further uses. Fully satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent Radio with Blutooth connectivity., 5 April 2015
Barrie Durrent "Baz" (London UK) - See all my reviews
Bought as a house-warming gift for my son and his wife. He specifically wanted a radio with Bluetooth connectivity and the Blutune 200 fitted the bill exactly. Excellent sound quality from a very compact box and easy to operate from an Ipad, or Iphone . The only criticism so far is the remote control which has all the buttons from west to east as opposed to the usual layout of north to south therefore you need two hands to operate a very small device. I think this is Roberts designers being overly clever with no real benefit.
Very fast delivery From Amazon and a very competitive price - John Lewis sell the Blutune for £50 more but they do offer a 2 year guarantee.
If Bluetooth radio is your requirement together with a compact footprint and excellent sound quality then I couldn't recommend the Roberts Blutune 200 more highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 13 Jan. 2015
Excellent sound quality for an 'all in one' piece of equipment. Living in a flat I particularly wanted a CD player that didn't require separate speakers as space is at a premium. I had spent time looking at Bose, another family member has the Wave so I was aware of the quality of sound produced by this 'all in one' but the fact that the Blutune gave me the addition of DAB radio I thought a real bonus. A more computer savvy friend thought the ability to play music via a USB stick or card was another bonus (I'm looking forward to the hearing the musical is downloading for me!).

Having finally settled on the Blutone I have no regrets! The Blutone is a really lovely looking piece of equipment, it is easy to tune to various radio stations, CD sound is good - it is possible to refine the level of bass which, at loud volume, can reduce slight levels of vibration that occur if the CD player is placed upon an unsuitable surface.

I am very pleased with the choice I have made and would recommend the Blutune to one and all not just those who live in a flat!

5.0 out of 5 stars A LOVELY LOOKING DAB/FM/CD all in one package, plus a whole lot more., 2 Mar. 2015
I am so pleased with this product - so easy to use - I have it in my kitchen so I can play cd's when there's nothing I want to listen to on the radio.
It sits neatly at an angle across the corner and the day, date and time are clearly displayed in led.

It's not complicated and the sound quality is good, with base fine tuning if you want.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but not 100% perfect, 19 Aug. 2014
Mellow Yellow (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent Bluetooth speaker which is simple for me to use as a Bluetooth novice. I can connect my Ipod and laptop and be able to play music via a decent speaker. However, this does have a CD player built in but no ipod dock which can be a pain as other docks charge your ipod when they are playing / docked and this Roberts speaker does not offer that so my listening time is limited to a couple of hours as my Ipod battery does not last longer than that with the Bluetooth enabled.

The sound is very rich and clear. You have to adjust the sound on your device as the speaker does not offer sound adjustment. Even with my ipod on reduced bass the speaker has extremely high bass sounds which makes it rather boomy in a small house or flat - even with the volume on low. This is really the only downside for me.

The remote control is small and not all the buttons on my remote work, but I control the speaker with my ipod instead so that does not really bother me, but if this is a fault then it might bother others.

Good speaker but beware of the bass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to listen to any music or radio in low ..., 11 Mar. 2015
This is my bedside music system. Great to listen to any music or radio in low volume before sleeping. Great sound -the volume knob is very handy when lights are switched off. Also works as night clock & alarm. Very pleased

4.0 out of 5 stars Great look and feel, 14 Mar. 2015
After searching on the high street/internet i finally decided to buy the blutune 200.
Glad i did as it has a amazing look and feel and sounds really nice.
Tried all functions on the radio before leaving a review and the radio hasnt disappointed me. DAB, SD/USB, bluetooth and recording functions all work effortlessly.
One item (for me) which let it down was the remote control. Very flimsy and it has the infared signal on the long end so have to hold it abit awkwardly whilst using it.

Roberts Blutune200 DAB/DAB+/FM/CD/USB/SD/Bluetooth Sound System