on 23 November 2012
The tent explodes out of the wheel-shaped bag; keep it away from small children when you put it up or you'll have an injury. It looks fantastic up. It's lower and longer than I expected but is a nice length, and enough for a average-height adult to lie down (yes, I have), so plenty of room for a couple of children's sleeping bags to play camping with, and should last a while. It also has windows at the front and back with roll-up sections like a real tent. Personally, though, I'd be very dubious about its claims to be waterproof (showerproof, yes) and as it only has 4 pegs and nowhere to place guy ropes, I certainly wouldn't use it as a real camping tent for children, if that's what your intention may be. It is a playtent, which is exactly what I bought it for.

I'm glad I tested putting it up and down before giving it to my daughter however, because both my partner and I found it impossible to pack away, and I'm usually quite good at this sort of thing. After several frustrated attempts to follow the (not very clear) included instructions, I went on Youtube and found the Monster Factory videos showing how to fold it up. Apparently there is a 'knack' which involves twisting your wrists inwards whilst pulling upwards. An hour later with both of us 'knacking', sweating, heaving & swearing whilst watching the video a frame at a time to work out WHAT the damn thing was supposed to be doing and how exactly it 'popped' back into a circle, and still no joy - ours just doesn't want to fold up like it does on the video. What it did do was bend the internal steel poles (the bits that make it pop up) out of shape, so now my daughter has a wonky campervan that we won't be able to take anywhere because it's too big to go in the car out of its bag. And as it's a birthday present for 3 weeks' time, she hasn't even received it yet. :(
11 comment15 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 January 2013
got this for my nephew. He LOVED it. What a hit! Think I won for the best christmas gift for anyone!
on 15 January 2013
Great fun product. The supports could be stronger, however it has had lots of use and looks great. A popular purchase with lots more fun to be had.
on 4 August 2013
This paly tent is very sturdy and easy to put up and take down. We had 3 children under 6 playing in it and it stood up to all they could throw at it!
on 30 November 2012
First of all I would like to thank Happy Witch for the speedy delivery.

My Son is constantly playing with cardboard boxes and using them as a den but they are so ugly looking, so when I saw this product I thought perfect, Its great for his bedroom at this time of year but really looking forward to taking it to the beach in the summer.

We found the product really easy to assemble and had so much fun doing it together.

This Item is a fantastic fun product and would highly recommend, its has kept my 4 year old entertained for hours so far.
on 9 April 2014
we got it for his birthday and every now and then put it away (in it's own carrying case - a bag that looks like a wheel) when we need a bit more room but inevitably my son asks for it to come out again. He takes other toys inside to play with them, drags it around the house and forces me to get in (which I can if I kneel). Looking forward to taking it to the beach this summer.
on 31 July 2014
This is to small for my 5yr old nephew to play in not worth the money - very disappointed
on 10 January 2013
My son and 2 1/2 year old grandson both loved it. I had quite a laugh watching my son trying to put it back in the bag , which I'm glad to say he did succeed.
This was a little expensive when compared to other pop up tents but this was of good quality and did come with its own bag.
on 30 March 2014
The metal frame remained bowed when the campervan was erected. This not only detracted from the appearance but when my grandson tried to gain entry, the tent toppled and became unstable. The item was subsequently returned as not fit for purpose. A good concept poorly constructed.
on 11 September 2014
The Campervan was a fabulous 2nd birthday for my son but after a few months of rough play and rolling it over and over one of the supports broke and it has had to go in the bin. It could be improved by having tent pegs to keep it stable outside and then this wouldn't happen.