5.0 out of 5 stars This was a real Dude!
My son and 2 1/2 year old grandson both loved it. I had quite a laugh watching my son trying to put it back in the bag , which I'm glad to say he did succeed.
This was a little expensive when compared to other pop up tents but this was of good quality and did come with its own bag.
Published on 10 Jan. 2013 by E A JAMES

3.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to pack away
Published on 23 Nov. 2012 by Wen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to pack away, 23 Nov. 2012
This review is from: VW Campervan Pop-Up Garden Play Tent (Toy)
The tent explodes out of the wheel-shaped bag; keep it away from small children when you put it up or you'll have an injury. It looks fantastic up. It's lower and longer than I expected but is a nice length, and enough for a average-height adult to lie down (yes, I have), so plenty of room for a couple of children's sleeping bags to play camping with, and should last a while. It also has windows at the front and back with roll-up sections like a real tent. Personally, though, I'd be very dubious about its claims to be waterproof (showerproof, yes) and as it only has 4 pegs and nowhere to place guy ropes, I certainly wouldn't use it as a real camping tent for children, if that's what your intention may be. It is a playtent, which is exactly what I bought it for.

I'm glad I tested putting it up and down before giving it to my daughter however, because both my partner and I found it impossible to pack away, and I'm usually quite good at this sort of thing. After several frustrated attempts to follow the (not very clear) included instructions, I went on Youtube and found the Monster Factory videos showing how to fold it up. Apparently there is a 'knack' which involves twisting your wrists inwards whilst pulling upwards. An hour later with both of us 'knacking', sweating, heaving & swearing whilst watching the video a frame at a time to work out WHAT the damn thing was supposed to be doing and how exactly it 'popped' back into a circle, and still no joy - ours just doesn't want to fold up like it does on the video. What it did do was bend the internal steel poles (the bits that make it pop up) out of shape, so now my daughter has a wonky campervan that we won't be able to take anywhere because it's too big to go in the car out of its bag. And as it's a birthday present for 3 weeks' time, she hasn't even received it yet. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a real Dude!, 10 Jan. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 15 Jan. 2013
This review is from: VW Campervan Pop-Up Garden Play Tent (Toy)
Great fun product. The supports could be stronger, however it has had lots of use and looks great. A popular purchase with lots more fun to be had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Biggest hit!, 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: VW Campervan Pop-Up Garden Play Tent (Toy)
got this for my nephew. He LOVED it. What a hit! Think I won for the best christmas gift for anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Fun Product, 30 Nov. 2012
This review is from: VW Campervan Pop-Up Garden Play Tent (Toy)
First of all I would like to thank Happy Witch for the speedy delivery.

My Son is constantly playing with cardboard boxes and using them as a den but they are so ugly looking, so when I saw this product I thought perfect, Its great for his bedroom at this time of year but really looking forward to taking it to the beach in the summer.

We found the product really easy to assemble and had so much fun doing it together.

This Item is a fantastic fun product and would highly recommend, its has kept my 4 year old entertained for hours so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars VW play tent, 4 Aug. 2013
This review is from: VW Campervan Pop-Up Garden Play Tent (Toy)
This paly tent is very sturdy and easy to put up and take down. We had 3 children under 6 playing in it and it stood up to all they could throw at it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 17 Aug. 2014
This review is from: VW Campervan Pop-Up Garden Play Tent (Toy)
This is an excellent product. The material is robust and it can be assembled in just a few minutes. It's still quite lightweight and can be folded away into a comaratively small, easily transportable size. Bought for my nephew (and his Dad!) it's just a delight to watch them both enjoying it in the garden or on sunny days on the sidelines round our local cricket ground. Love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great little tent, 20 July 2014
This review is from: VW Campervan Pop-Up Garden Play Tent (Toy)
Great little tent, Impossible to collapse and put back into storage back. Eight adults have tried on numerous occasions, and no-one can/has yet managed to collapse the tent correctly. Other buyers have had the same problem, so storage becomes difficult. The instructions just do not work. Any ideas to help one with this problem?

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 15 July 2014
This review is from: VW Campervan Pop-Up Garden Play Tent (Toy)
The bottom of the play tent as already started to wear and it will not fold back down

5.0 out of 5 stars VW Pop Up Play Tent, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: VW Campervan Pop-Up Garden Play Tent (Toy)
Brilliant - a great success! Only thing that could make it better is tent pegs for when it's used in garden.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›