4.0 out of 5 stars Looks the Part, Cheap and Great for Emergencies.
There seems to be 'swarm' of these survival bracelets on the market at the moment.

This is one of the cheapest.

That being said the bracelet is bought for two reasons.

1. As a fashion accessory.
and
2. As an emergency back up of 'several feet' of parachute cord that when your in need is really useful.

This bracelet,...
Published 11 months ago by Glenn Cook

1.0 out of 5 stars useless, the locking pin dosn't go all the way ...
useless, the locking pin dosn't go all the way in and it falls off so it was tightened with small pliers, this ruined the thread and it is only locked by a little of the thread, its fell off a few times and the Metal turns your wrist green, its not stainless steel! came on time and I would still use the company again as it had a good selection of stock items
Published 5 months ago by john loftus

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks the Part, Cheap and Great for Emergencies., 23 Mar. 2014
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Domire outdoors survival bracelet (Misc.)

This is one of the cheapest.

That being said the bracelet is bought for two reasons.

1. As a fashion accessory.
and

This bracelet, although cheap works on both counts.

True you do not get as many colour choices as others but this bracelet looks the same.
So it looks fine as a fashion bracelet.

beware if it gets wet it stays wet!
As to how long 'several feet' is exactly I do not know for I would have to unravel the thing to find out and measure and then I'd have to buy a new one.
Also how long is a piece of string?
When this comes into the task in hand you often have to cut it to size or use a few pieces.

The cord looks chunky and the D ring makes it look the part.
To secure the thing around your wrists can be quite tricky.

The D ring comes with a secure 'key' that you have to turn and screw in to the bolt.
I found it hard to do with just one hand.
The key end does tend to stick out a little too I was afraid of catching my wrist if I twisted or caught the edge.
I played with it several times and tried to figure out which end would be better to have top or bottom.
Now I would be tempted to thread some strong ripcord thread through the hole of the bolt and secure it to the other end.
(A bit like those connections for phones and lanyards)
So you may need a friend to help you secure the thing on your wrists or do as I do attach it to your rucksack for when you need it.

Now to the business end of the unit.

The strange thing about these bracelets is that they are for an emergency.
From experience the only time you need then is when you haven't got them.
So great insurance.

I never thought I would be in a survival situation until I was trapped in the Hull and East Riding floods 0f 2010.

If you do need them in an emergency all you do is locate the 'glued end bits' of the cord.
Give it a sharp twist and unravel.
In less than a minute you have that 'several feet of of cord you need to tie things down- like, tying stuck to your bike panniers, a belt, secure binding for when your waterproofs get ripped, an emergency plastic storm shelter- extra tethering for a tent, tying and securing a broken limb to wood or even and including mild bondage-

In short it covers all bases!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, 26 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Domire outdoors survival bracelet (Misc.)
It is exactly what it looks like in the picture. A neatly woven para cord bracelet with a D shackle fastening. I have bought two as stocking fillers for my two boys who are in to army and camping and adventure so I'm sure they will love them. Can't believe that they were sent air mail from China (described as a phone adapter and case on the customs declaration!) -all for 90p! It would cost me more than that to buy the jiffy bag they came in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can of coke., 15 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Domire outdoors survival bracelet (Misc.)
Don't be expecting anything showy from this, it's what it's supposed to be and that's it, Some tough cord you can take with you and not have to worry about. It goes boxing with me, hiking with me, running, swimming, archery, work. If I am awake this is on my wrist, and since June it is still in the same condition as it was the day it turned up. Not bad for the price of a can of coke.

1.0 out of 5 stars useless, the locking pin dosn't go all the way ..., 30 Sept. 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for., 28 July 2014
This review is from: Domire outdoors survival bracelet (Misc.)
Seems OK especially at such a cheap price, I wasn't to keen on it when I received since it was bulkier than I was expecting and a real pain to put on by yourself due to the clasp design, the rope seemed good quality but the bulk and difficulty of it made it wasted on me, the time I need it will be the time I didn't bother with it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter Loves Bear Grylls. Cheap way to please her, 18 Jan. 2014
D. L. Morris "Dave Morris" (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Domire outdoors survival bracelet (Misc.)
Didn't cost much but as Bear seems to wear a paracord bracelet these days, this seemed to fit the bill and although it missed Christmas (didn't order it in time) she loves it. Good dad points to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am happy with the item tho, 19 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Domire outdoors survival bracelet (Misc.)
It is never getting unravelled so who knows what lurks within its mysterious entanglement, perhaps a jungle with a hidden temple, or a fantasy land of pirates and goblins. Or maybe just a rope, I shall perhaps never know! I am happy with the item tho, the metal clasp looks sturdy enough although not sure i would trust it with my full weight directly, would work as a tie off tho.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THE OLIVE GREEN ONES., 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Domire outdoors survival bracelet (Misc.)
THE SILVERED DOG-CLIPS DO NOT WORK.
THE METAL IS TOO SOFT TO WORK AS A SCREW AND THREAD.
I GOT THREE - ALL THREE CLIPS ARE DUDS.
I HAVE THREE BALLS OF GREEN STRING IN MY KITCHEN CUPBOARD.
HOWEVER....
BUY BLACK - THE BLACK VERSION IS A BIT MORE EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY.
IT EVEN DOUBLES AS A FASHION ACCESSORY.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is well made and doesn't look like it would do what it clearly is meant to ..., 24 Dec. 2014
Mr. A. Mowatt "humour magnate" (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Domire outdoors survival bracelet
In assembling a survivor kit this fitted in very well. It is well made and doesn't look like it would do what it clearly is meant to (on the day). I recommend this item as being ideal to cover off the type of scenario that may require it. Only reservation I have is that it would not be practical to assemble back to a bracelet after use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it claims to be, 4 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Domire outdoors survival bracelet (Misc.)
The para cord is definitely not 550 and the shackle is absolutely not stainless steel, after just one day the "stainless steel" had worn away its silver colour to be replaced by a pinkish hue and where it had been touching my skin it had turnen green and left a rash.
Cheap but defiantly not cheerful.