5.0 out of 5 stars Hello, My Name Is Bridgit - and you're gonna love this album
Bridgit is the latest Disney star to release an album. This debut incorporates elements of pop & rock to create an energetic and fun album

Ready Or Not - 10/10 - A really quirky and fun track that surprised many by being a big hit earlier this year. You will be singing this by the end of the first play
Forgot To Laugh - 10/10 - Another fun & relatable...
Published on 23 Jun. 2013 by Ryan Johnson

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete rubbish!!!!!!!!
I have a habit of buying albums 'blind' occassionally - Amazon recommends them and I buy them without listening to them first. That's how I discovered Siobhan Donaghy's brilliant album "Ghosts" and Selena Gomez's fabulous albums, but also unfortunately how I discovered rubbish albums by Ashley Tisdale, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashlee Simpson, and this pile of codswallop...
Published 11 months ago by JB

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hello, My Name Is Bridgit - and you're gonna love this album, 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Hello My Name Is (Audio CD)

Forgot To Laugh - 10/10 - Another fun & relatable tune. A possible sing with really good lyrics
Top Of The World - 10/10 - This is less instant than the last 2 but still really sing-alongable and a really nice track to sit back and listen to
Hurricane - 10/10 - The current single and this has much impact as 'Ready Or Not' but is a little different as she attempts what can only be described as 'pop rapping' - a great 2nd single
City Lights - 9/10 - a track about self belief but isn't my favourite as it just isn't as memorable but has some pretty lyrics and slows down the pace quite nicely
All I See Is Gold - 10/10 - Another slower song but this one is really good with clever lyrics and a pretty subtle chorus and again you will be singing it before you know it
The Fall Song - 10/10 - Starting to get a bit faster now, with a good beat and again fab lyrics - she is a great lyricist
Love Will Tell Us Where To Go - 10/10 - I love this track - great chorus and a great build up
Blonde - 9/10 - Again, not my favourite but it's quirky and unique but just not as good as some of the others
Rocks At My Window - 10/10 - This is probably my best fast track as the chorus is fantastic and is just so different to anything else and has great choruses and should be a single
5:15 - my favourite ballad with beautiful meaning and I love the way she sings this - would make a great single
Hold On For Dear Love - 10/10 - A fantastic closer which is the most stripped back and exposes her fantastic voice - love it!!!

Overall, a great debut and can't wait for her second :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 22 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Hello My Name Is (Audio CD)
This album is actually so amazing, you can tell a lot of time was spent in the making of it. I never really was a Bridgit Mendler fan but now her music has come out I am blown away and completely obsessed. No autotune has been used at all just a purely perfect voice and songs that shine as much live as they do on the CD. Definitely buy this album if you like good pop music. Miley who? Demi what? Selena huh? BRIDGIT MENDLER!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hello My Name Is.., 26 April 2015
J. Mcdonald "Yelochre" (Glasgow, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hello My Name Is... (Audio CD)
I picked this disc up about a year ago, mainly after seeing Mendler`s "Hurricane Sessions", videos of acoustic performances on the internet.

While there's quite a lot to like on the album, there were elements - and some tracks - I found wanting; listening to it over a long period simply widened the cracks and ultimately it isn't - in my opinion - the best debut she could have had.
A few of these songs are available in the acoustic versions I mentioned above and are much the better for it; the album tracks suffer from over-production - gimmicky stuff like the dire, rah-rah cheerleader chorus tacked onto "Rocks at my Window" as a coda which really grates after a while, spoiling an otherwise decent track.
The songs are, on the whole, okay; Mendler wrote them all with a variety of collaborators and they stand up well enough lyrically and melodically, though the least said about "Blonde" the better; a re-enforcement of a hackneyed stereotype is a miss-step by any standards and trying to be funny (even at her own expense) pretty much renders it the weakest track on the whole album. My personal favourites are the title song, "Top of the World", "All I See is Gold" and "The Fall Song".
Her voice has real quality, she has a powerful and effective delivery, a good range and she can be sweetly intimate; much of that quality is lost in a swamp of unnecessary background mixing; that approach works on a few tracks - most notably the title song - but it's generally applied across all the tracks too liberally; the TRUE Bridgit isn't - in my view - fairly represented in most these settings.

Mendler has a difficult road to take; she has a loyal - though very young - following from her Disney associations, but she'll have to find a more adult audience to move on musically; she's a singer with real talent, who (hopefully) shouldn't have to resort to controversy to get noticed. I want her to succeed and hope that her next album presents her in a more appropriate context that does better justice to her voice.
Full lyrics are included with the CD release and my review is for the 12 track standard album edition.
I came close to giving this 3 ½ stars, but I`m more favourably inclined towards a singer with so much potential.

4.0 out of 5 stars catch y, 11 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Hello My Name Is... (MP3 Download)
Catchy songs easy listening an album that put a smile on my face. Fun. One for the car. Good. Enjoyed

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 23 May 2013
This album is fantastic. Being a Disney actress I was a bit weary that it was going to be a cheesy pop album and a bit rubbish if I am honest. But I liked 'ready or not' so I thought id give the album a listen. I was really wrong! There isn't one song on this album that I don't like. The album has a quite grown up, unique sound which is really surprising. Id recommend this album to everyone, I love it, I simply cannot stop listening to it. My favourite is 'rocks at my window'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely voice, 8 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Hello My Name Is (Audio CD)
Our daughter of eight requested this cd but it turns out that the whole family love it ! We frequently play it in the car and sing full volume to it ( you've probably seen us going past you on the M1..). Highly recommend it !

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Hello My Name Is (Audio CD)
Great lyrics and wonderful voice, All you can hope for and more. Would definitely recommend to anyone. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 July 2013
Great album, my little sister also loves it. Such great music would recommend it to anyone, also Bridgit's voice is so stunning!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, 25 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Hello My Name Is (Audio CD)
Absolutely love this album, great variety, really gets me up dancing/singing along and is such easy-listening. An awesome debut album from Bridgit! You can defo tell that Hollywood Records are behind this artist, at times, I almost hear hints of fellow disney starlet, Selena Gomez :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 26 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Hello My Name Is (Audio CD)
Very pleased with this item. It was a present for my daughter and she enjoys listening to this cd. Easy listening

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Hello My Name Is
Hello My Name Is by Bridgit Mendler (Audio CD - 2012)