5.0 out of 5 stars Yesterday's Gone
I am just coming to the end of season three and have loved every electronic page. I am trying to write my own story at present and these guys have given me the impetus to try harder. Of course not everyone will like it but it is well written with great characters and brilliant twists - well done guys this is one to read again and again
Published on 28 Aug 2012 by Gavin9470

3.0 out of 5 stars If only it were proof-read
I have now read all three seasons of Yesterday's gone.

Published on 24 Aug 2012 by Graham Clark

3.0 out of 5 stars If only it were proof-read, 24 Aug 2012
Graham Clark - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yesterday's Gone: Season Three (THE POST-APOCALYPTIC SERIAL THRILLER) (Kindle Edition)
I have now read all three seasons of Yesterday's gone.

I have found myself in a somewhat love/hate relationship with the work. Firstly the positives: There is no doubt that the authors are not lacking in imagination. For the most part there is excellent character building reminiscent of Stephen King. The plots are tightly woven albeit with the typical sidetracking used to pad out most longer novels. This isnt a bad thing as non stop action bores me and is better suited to television. In a novel I want to delve into the psyche of each individual and this works well.

Unfortunately I concur with the reviewer who expressed that it falls short of the post apocalyptic masterpieces The Stand and Swan Song, both of which i have read. I cant put my finger on why but the series lacks an epic feel for me. The world just seems small with a "soap opera" feel.

The unforgivable for me (and what prevents four stars) is the horrendous amount of typos, missed words, wrong words, wrong names even. Whilst I am well aware that this is common in self published work, it should not be prevalent in FULL PRICE published work. This sadly interrupts the escapism destroying the ability to totally lose yourself in the created world. The authors plan on releasing their many series at one episode a week. At an average of 60 pages this equates to 3000 pages a year... little wonder that they dont have the time to proof read and polish their work! Sorry guys but quality should take precedence over quantity. The talent is there and i feel it is poor to churn out season after season without correcting the myriad errors in the already published work.

Nevertheless I was clearly hooked and so purchased three seasons. I hope the authors take my constructive criticism as intended. I have written this review because I DO CARE and would love to have the confidence to read more of their work, but for now I will stick with just Yesterday's Gone as I admittedly begrudge parting with more cash for their other series unless the errors decrease - however good the stories are - and this somewhat saddens me.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm getting sick of it not ending now, 19 Oct 2013
I just want it done. These characters had their day, now it's over. I hate it when I feel I need to give up on something before the end but life's too short.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yesterday's Gone, 28 Aug 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent series, 22 Aug 2012
I have enjoyed reading these series and this 3rd selection (books 13- 18) brings the plot into an ending - with the lead in for a future series of books. I will look forward to the next set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great season, 21 April 2014
I was a little lost along the way but once i got used to jumping between times and worlds i really enjoyed it, looking forward to season 4.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit packed, but a good ending to one half of a story, 10 April 2014
Having just finished book 18 my emotions are still going, I want to rate this higher, but taking a step back and thinking of the prolonged issues with who was from which world and some characters seeming to take a personality bypass when it suited to get the plot to be fixed.

I was impressed overall with the wrap up, I was expecting it to end up a bit of a train wreck, like lost did with more questions than answers.

Now everybody is home the original mystery is behind us I could stop reading there, but the evil is back in our world so I'd be interested to see how this plays out. I think I will take a break for a few weeks as it has felt like I had to keep reading the episodes close together if I wanted to know what happened, but I'll be back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes Yes Yes, 10 Mar 2014
Really grasping story, I have read the first four seasons and cannot wait to continue, best series iv followed in a very long time, recommend for everyone that enjoys well written and captivating writing. Seriously read it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Season Three is a winnner, 16 Jan 2014
The shocks and the cliffhangers continue to make this series one I simply don't want to finish.

The characters are now well and truly a part of my literary family and I look forward to seeing how Season Four develops the story.

Great work once again guys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oooo, brilliant!, 8 Jan 2014
E. Martin (UK) - See all my reviews
Read them!! I got the first of these free on Kindle, and paid for the rest. Read them! They're great and I've just bought season 4. Cannot wait to read them!

3.0 out of 5 stars Yesterdays Gone, 13 Dec 2013
Mr R Strong (Chandlers ford) - See all my reviews
Quite a good yarn but rather spoilt by very bad language. I had to read it to the end though to find out if there was any hope left for humanity.