on 26 November 2012
I downloaded this after previously purchasing the superb Birds of Britain from the same publisher. Unfortunately it is not a patch on Birds of Britain.
The content is brief to the point of being terse at times. There is insufficient detail and insufficient content to really make this a useful guide for anybody.
In addition it also includes an apparently random choice of plant diseases! Why? Again with little useful information. It really is a very disappointing little app.
Sorry, I cannot recommend this. I know it's cheap but save your money and buy a decent book.
on 3 April 2013
Very quick good information I was very pleased when I read though this app, easy to find diseases which mayoccur in your garden or green house.
on 13 January 2013
won't load, wont work, thank god it was only pence I wasted and not pounds. Utter waste of time and money
on 11 March 2013
Most of the UK common garden bugs and pests are covered in this utility. Clear, easy to use. Nicely laid out. This is not encyclopaedic, but has a useful amount of information. If they every do a Pro version, I shall invest.
on 26 April 2016
Not impressed with this app in any size shape or form, what a waste of my money: Not only are the images inadequate to assist in identification, I don't think we should be advocating the destruction of bugs such as Lacewings or Ladybirds (Ladybugs in this app); they're good in the garden!!! No listings whatsoever of those pesky little creatures you dig up and think "yuk, a horrid cream and brown six legged creature, good or bad? Looks like it eats roots for a pastime.." Don't bother.
on 6 April 2014
Not at all comprehensive. Where are the stag beetles, The vast array of butterflies, The ground beetles, weevil, Tec, etc
on 20 March 2014
Just what a dabbler horticulturalist like me needs - nice and simple, easy to use, and enough info to help identify and cope with the sort of nasties most of us get lumbered with at some stage. These developers really turn out some excellent stuff - top rating again from me, very pleased with it . Can't praise these guides enough for their ability to get over the basics in a simple, accessible manner.More please !
on 27 January 2015
Should be re-named Garden Pests and Diseases! Surprised to see the lady listed, it's the gardeners friend!
on 26 January 2013
Not informative enough, a bit too simplistic. Would have been good to have the latin names included. A bit too frivolous
on 10 June 2014
Informative but does not cover the large range of Biggs that inhabit our gardens,but deals more with well known pest that are harmful to plants rather than information on the good bugs and the rarer ones