4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish design, rich sound, many functions, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Roberts Sound 200 Bluetooth CD/DAB/FM/USB/SD Digital Stereo Sound System with Dock for iPhone/iPod - Recording Facility (Electronics)
I bought this for a small sitting room and am delighted with it. When researching I considered Bowers and Wilkins machines for similar size and price but decided on the Roberts. Call me old fashioned ( and I am 50+) but I wanted to be able to dock my old iPod, play my old CDs, tune into DAB radio and FM pre-set channels, and Bluetooth from my IPad or IPhone. This piece of kit covers all of the above. It does not however stream wirelessly and therefore will not be right for the modern purist streamers out there . The sound is really rich and deep, and will be great for a small or living room or bedroom. If anything, the sound has more natural bass than usual but you can tone down with the in built equaliser. The remote control is neat and once you get the hang of scrolling and selecting functions it is simple to use.
I have given 4 stars only because the Bluetooth is an external piece of kit that although works fine and is fairly neat, plugs into the machine using a supplied cable and therefore detracts from the smart look of the machine. As this was advertised as the Bluetooth model I had expected Bluetooth to be built in. Perhaps it was in the small print but I didn't notice when buying.
Setting up the pre set radio was a little challenging but I got the hang of it. There can be a small delay when using the remote and you need to be patient and not go too fast. The instruction manual is very good. Overall, I am very pleased and feel that the machine was worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sounds from one unit, 19 Mar 2014
This is a great piece way to listen to radio, both FM and digital, CD, ipods etc with great sound and very compact for what it is.