on 12 January 2016
I am so pleased I purchased this Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock. It starts to brighten my room 30 minutes before the alarm goes off. There is 3 different alarms, music and birds. You can also adjust how bright you want the light to go 0-20. Personally 14 is bright enough for me. You can also turn down the brightness of the clock at night. I feel much better since purchasing this item. It did take me a little while over the Christmas Holidays to learn all the buttoms. Now I can do it in the dark. Would highly recommend.
VINE VOICEon 29 September 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have owned other wake up lights but none as nice as this one. What I found really attractive about the Philips HF3510/01 Sunrise Simulation Wake-up Light is that the wake-up experience can be customised in so many different ways. For a nice wake-up you can select the light intensity that suits you, a lovely natural alarm sound (not the hellish frighten you out of your sleep beep on my previous lights) or the radio channel of your choice.
The addition of a sunset feature, to help you off to sleep, is an added bonus. You can also personalise the strength of the light on the clock and whether or not there is a clicking sound when you scroll through the menu settings. The light can also be used as a bedside lamp.
I have been very impressed so far and find it is much better than my previous lights. With a lovely stylish exterior and wonderful features to offer I would certainly recommend giving it a go. Anything that makes the mornings a bit easier to endure is worth it!
on 21 October 2013
I don't like spending money on what on the face of it seem like a very simple solution to a well known issue, the winter blues. I suffer year on year and decided what the hell lets give it a try as the nights are drawing in and daytime saving fast approaching. So far so good, I've not woken up once feeling as if its not yet time to get up. Only time will tell if I think it's worth the money, but the signs so far are looking good. If I get a chance I'll update this review towards the end of November/December.
on 2 January 2014
The sunlamp works well, but for what is basically a flashy alarm clock, it is difficult to use. The control buttons for start sunset, snooze etc are all fitted in the rim of the light. They are the same colour as the rim, and more or less flush with the rim, just a bit of a raised surface. It would be a lot easier to use if the buttons and logos on them were colour coded.

Having said that the sunrise, sunset and chirping birds are very good, if you manage to press the button to control them.
on 12 May 2013
Really recommend this for anyone troubled by alarm clocks that ring suddenly causing stress and anxiety.This light wakes you up gently, starting from a low level orange colour light and gradually becoming brighter and the sounds of the birds singing are the most beautiful way to wake up.I also use it as a radio and light for reading before going to sleep.A bit of an exaggeration to say it changed my life but it has certainly made waking up a lot less stressful and much more pleasurable.
on 1 February 2016
The clock is as described. I nearly never bought it because of the bad reviews but I think they are wrong - the buttons are not fiddly, the alarm is easy to set up, it is easy to change the illumination of the time, although you cannot see the time on the lowest setting during the day but do you need to ? The radio is fm but works well with a good reception. I am glad I never believed the reviews and bought it - its a great product and I enjoy not waking up in the pitch black.
on 4 December 2015
What a fantastic piece of kit this is. It does exactly what it's supposed to do but seeing is believing as to how much better it wakes you. I personally feel far better in the early mornings being waken with this alarm clock.

The radio function on it is crystal clear with a really useful timer on the device as well.

With the adjustment on the brightness of the light it makes an incredible bedside lamp also.

I'm so happy with this alarm clock.
on 2 April 2013
it has a lovely wake up alarm, it wakes you up with the light slowly increasing so you wake up to birds tweeting or radio, it also can be used as night light or radio. it looks nice, also we think the dimming of the display is brilliant as we have had many clocks which we have got rid of as they lit up the room like a lamp and you couldnt get to sleep properly. I did think the price was a bit steep art the beginning but you get what you pay for with this we love it.
on 15 March 2015
This is a brilliant gadget and it has really worked for me to wake up early in the mornings. the way it works is to gently wake you up with gradually brightening light and some subtle sounds instead of shocking you awake with a sudden noise. I have suffered for years with insomnia and irregular sleeping patterns, and it has definitely helped me and i feel much better & find it easier to get up earlier. It also works as a bedside clock and radio. A nice piece of kit.
on 29 December 2014
Great product and seems to work very well. I bought this for my wife to help her get up in the morning without struggling as much as she has done. The radio and the nature sounds are excellent and soothing.
The only challenge we are having is that the buttons on the top of the alarm clock are the same colour as the whole unit. So when you are new to using it, you are quite likely to press the wrong buttons. I'm hoping that my wife will get used it quickly.